[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there /lit/. I'm going to try to make this as clear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: people-013.jpg (102 KB, 1071x500) Image search: [Google]
people-013.jpg
102 KB, 1071x500
Hey there /lit/.
I'm going to try to make this as clear as possible.
I'm looking for a book that will make me better understand people. I remember lurking a while ago and someone mentioned a book that "completely changes the way you look at people and conversations". I've only so far read essentials so I'd like to try something new.
>>
>>8239577

>Autism

The way you better understand people is by being around people.
>>
>>8239584
>being around people
ew
>>
>>8239577
Every book is life-changing in a minute way if you REALLY read it, OP.

Revolutionary personal growth is the biggest meme in the universe and I'm not one of those people calling everything "memes" and "buzzwords". But, seriously, you identity (and thus also your perception of people and the world) changes at a pace so slow you are bound to perceive it as being always the same (otherwise we wouldn't have the notion of "identity" in the first place). Yet in retrospect it's possible to (hopefully without delusions) see how much you've grown.

Now I'll shut up and let some less theoretical fgts hit you up with some really dank books.
>>
How so? Do you want to be more empathetic or something? Or are you looking to react to social cues better? Or maybe just something into the mechanics of personality?
>>
>>8239584
I'm in college, and I live in a dorm. I spend a vast majority of my time around people.

>>8239590
All of these things - I don't mind multiple recommendations, I have plenty time to read.
>>
File: 61fAQqevNCL._SL1500_.jpg (103 KB, 971x1500) Image search: [Google]
61fAQqevNCL._SL1500_.jpg
103 KB, 971x1500
>>
There is literally a book called "Please Understand Me" that may be helpful if you want to understand what drives people. Uses MBTI.

But at any rate, >>8239589 is right. Any book you read will give you a degree of insight into the mind of the writer if you take the time to understand it. The more books you read (and observe), the more people you will understand.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.