[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: 3314211164.jpg (30 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
3314211164.jpg
30 KB, 500x258
Post dreams that you've written down or that have affected you. Others try to interpret.
>>
I don't think I've ever dreamt about 4chan.

What does that mean?
>>
>>8232903
I once dreamed I got killed multiple times in the same dream by my closest friends, then woke up crying
>>
I dreamt I was walking wit a ffriend when we ccame across a girl. My friend sang to her, then we left. I later came across her and her mother at a funeral. She told me to come sing to her mother, and I told her it was my friend who sang so well. She pulled me into the graveyard, and I sang a tune that sounded like parts of Verdi's requiem. It was difficult to find pitch, and my voice cracked many times. Afterwards, her mother congratulated me and the girl asked me if I wanted sex. I said yes, and she took me to a cheaply wood-panelled room. She took out a condom and told me she was going to "put it in." I told her that was wrong, but she inserted it into herself like a female condom. Liquid, thick at first like lube, but then as clear and thin as water began flowing out of her vagina. I asked if she was okay and she said no. I helped her to the bathroom, but we could not get the water to stop.
>>
>>8232915
It means you need to lurk moar.

>>8232917
Damn.
>>
File: nothereforthis.jpg (46 KB, 317x379) Image search: [Google]
nothereforthis.jpg
46 KB, 317x379
i dreamt i was the king of a sinking archipelago, which was by then reduced to a small pimple of sand in a quiet, horizon-reaching body of water. there was no sun, but it was still daytime. i took a dive, from the beach, and was immediately hundreds of feet deep, surrounded by mossy, leaning columns, bricks ten times my own size, and derelict buildings barely discernable in the teal darkness below. but watching those structures i felt a deep sense of dread and a blinking, morose, red presence inside. then i woke up. i still want my kingdom back.

>mfw
>>
>>8232903
i once dreamt that i was sobbing and crying, but it felt great. this went on for what seemed a very long time while i slowly stopped being asleep until i got up, feeling great and well rested.

the thing is i did not think about it or even realize this was out of the ordinary until later in the day, maybe while i was having breakfast
>>
I dream a lot about whichever author(s) I am currently reading. saw Bloom the other night. (hope he's OK.)
>>
>>8232917
I too except it was implied that they were doing me a favor, so I woke up especially happy
>>
One from this morning. I was watching a group of, I will say friends, who were, I will say celebrating, I will assume Christmas. This was in 3rd person.

I then witnessed a similar scene. I was going to say that it was in 1st person but actually I am not sure, might have also been in 3rd. This time it was a collection of various family members.

Ach well.
>>
>>8232956
I have those dreams a lot. My grandfather (a psychiatrist), tells me they're basically just a normal mode of catharsis for when you have emotions that your conscious has difficulty processing, like breakups and transitional periods.
>>
My dreams are episodic as fuck. Pretty sure I had two or three last night, let's see what I can remember.

First one took place in some kind of battlecruiser without gravity. All the rooms in the ship were connected by tubes with antiseptic mist flowing through them, which you had to swim through. There was also swimming pool somewhere, I think, where a bunch of people were doing cannonballs and fucking around. There was also a lot of water just floating around randomly around. Something was attacking the ship and I was the only one actually piloting it, but it wasn't a tense dream - I outmaneuvered and outfought the attackers by a mile. Mostly a kinetic dream, spent a lot of time fucking around with gravity and water.

Second one took place in my house, mostly a large version of my bedroom. It was some sort of psychological thriller, where everyone is trapped in the room and no one knows why or how to get out. A bunch of people I sort of knew kept coming in, and no one could get out. Glowing writing started appearing on the ceiling, that were like rules to the game or something. A few of the people were demi-gods, or something, and they sort of knew what was going on, but couldn't fight it. They kept trying to change the writing or create new rules on the ceiling, but it would always fade or change everytime they tried. Eventually, people got bored and just started making out or dying or something.

I should really start a dream journal so I can remember them better, I've been meaning to.
>>
>>8232955
Nice, anon, I love this dream.
>>
I only remember nightmares for some reason.

I had a terrible one about puking blood in a dark enclosure and dogs coming to lick it and howling.
>>
>>8232903
This thread is interesting.

I once dreamt that Philip K. Dick was trying to kill me. He never stopped running towards me with a blade in his hand. Even when I would hide he would find me and I had to run away again. Luckily I was faster than him. He never used any transport, using only his legs. I tried to tell him that I actually liked his books, but it didn't work, which made me feel kind of strange.
>>
I had a lit dream
me and friend watching TV
he says woah trump just won election
turn on TV to watch acceptance speech
trump walks up to podium
crowds silent
he taps mic to check if it's on
he says "everyone, Thomas pynchon"
thomas pynchon walks out
crowd goes insane
they shake hands
thomas pynchon stands around waving
he's the center of attention

I wake up. I'm Canadian
>>
>>8232903
Had a dream recently where my wife was temporarily given a cock. She was hung too. In the dream I was confused as to what I was supposed to do. I wanted her to feel what it was like to orgasm as a man so I told her to masturbate and to experience what it was like to constantly think about wanting to fuck. I told her I wasn't going to suck it or take it in my ass. I even had some penis envy because she was so well-endowed. I wondered if she was given that huge cock just because or if that was the size of the cock she'd have if born a man.

I told her about it and she thought it was funny.
>>
>>8232903
I once had a dream that really ressembled the last scene of Evangelion.

I was surrounded by beautiful women I knew who were all clapping and congratulating me. There was a huge orange halo illuminating us, it was a bit like watching a sunset.

One them actually kissed me. I was overjoyed.

Is it just about my need for validation or is there a deeper meaning?
>>
Last night I dreamt I was lying in a king-sized bed, naked, next to live-action peter griffin and a hot chick. Peter kept rubbing his grubby cock on me, then the woman demanded I ejaculate on the bed sheets to prove my potency.

I don't even watch family guy.
>>
I typed this one up before, but it's one that has stuck with me more than most. I'm also going to go ahead and use this as a brief writing exercise so feel free to critique (I almost never write, but have been planning to make a [very] short story out of this).

I was visiting my parents, who still live in my childhood home, and decided to take a short walk in the early evening hours down the street to where my best friend had lived. I looked all around as I walked, reminiscing about my most cherished memories (the woods where we'd play manhunt and whatnot, the one tree we would always climb and play on, the house where the mute lived, the house that we would joke was haunted, etc. etc.). It all looked almost the same as when my family first moved to that house right after my fifth birthday, with the exception that the woods were much more dense with underbrush now. It would be much more to difficult to play manhunt these days, and getting to our favorite tree would require a machete. The only other difference I could distinguish was that everything, the houses, trees, clouds, all appeared more vibrant than usual, the colors drawing sharper contrasts. Everything almost seemed to breathe (if you've dosed on LSD, it was something like that).

I approached my friend's house and sat down in the narrow strip of grass between the driveway and a small, thick patch of woods. Directly in front of me, with its back to the woods, a particularly large Great Horned Owl stood staring back at me. Something resembling the cupule of an acorn obstructed its left eye. The owl did nothing to show any pain or even the remotest discomfort, but I felt it had to prefer being free of the obstruction. I considered whether I should remove the thing, but before I made my decision, a butterfly floated into view. The colorful wings briefly drew my attention from the owl and what I perceived as its quandry. When the butterfly had passed between the owl and me, my eyes snapped back to the bird and found the obstruction gone. Although I hadn't seen it, I knew the butterfly had removed it. The owl flew out of sight. I stood and brushed the dirt off the seat of my pants and began the short walk back to my parents' house.

If I do actually write up the story I'm thinking about, it would be pretty much just this, with the parenthetical statements more fully developed.
>>
>>8233145
>If I do actually write up the story I'm thinking about, it would be pretty much just this, with the parenthetical statements more fully developed.

It would also include bried descriptions of my emotional state. The first paragraph would have a heavier tone of almost sad nostalgia, not necessarily a wishing for the past, but more lamenting where things are now in terms of my life and particularly the relationships between various family members. The second would have just a little bit more of an emphasis on my wish to help the owl, but not knowing if I should, followed by a calm satisfaction at the end.
>>
dreamz
>>
>>8232955
>a small pimple of sand in a quiet, horizon-reaching body of water

Don't know why, but this line reminded me of a line from the Yellow Submarine film

>Pepperland is a tickle of joy on the blue belly of the universe.
>>
I've always been interested in the idea of genetic dreams, or inherited dreams - I'm not sure what you'd call them. Species dreams, maybe.

Dreams where, when a human is given a certain set of circumstances, their brain will almost always spit out the exact same dream.

When I was 15 or 16, I went sailing in the bahamas for 2 weeks with my boy scout troop. We learned how to sail, did all the crewing, rigging, mapping and steering.

One night when we were falling asleep on the deck, I had this dream.

>looking at the stars, feeling the cool breeze
>gaze drifts down to the reflections on the water
>we're anchored a few miles away off shore from a small city, so you can see the light reflected
>drifting in and out of consciousness, I see a shadow faintly pass over one of the reflections
>it's far away and hard to see, but notice it a few times
>as it comes closer, it becomes recognizable as a dark figure walking across the water
>so dark you can only see it in silhouette to the reflections
>I'm frozen in place, can't move
>it walks up to the side of the boat, steps on
>steps over a few people, and crouches next to me
>it whispers something I can't quite hear, and then I bolt awake

Some years later, I was reading the Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula k. Le Guin.
In, i think the second book, there is a scene almost precisely identical to this dream.

>Ged is being chased by his evil shadow, it stalks him wherever he goes and kills everything in it's path
>he tries to lead it away from population centers by taking a boat out to sea
>he gets a good lead on it, but it starts to storm
>it's night when it catches up to him, there's no wind and he's too tired to row
>it's jet black, but he can see it walking toward him across the water as it passes in front of the reflection of the moon

Or some such thing. When I read that passage, the resemblance was uncanny.

I got to thinking that, whenever someone is troubled and they fall asleep on the deck of a boat, I'll bet a lot of them have that exact same dream.

Obviously there's no way to confirm or disprove that theory, but it's always been an interesting thought.
>>
>>8233253
>where, when a human is given a certain set of circumstances, their brain will almost always spit out the exact same dream.
you might want to look into fever dreams. The intensity might be enough to overrule most of the minor circumstantial details which may yet make the output branch out far from the core elements
>>
>>8232903
>watching the couds
>they start changing
>"kill yourself"
Thoughts?
>>
>>8233308

I'm a phd maximum super expert in dream analysis and my mega brain is telling me that you should mega kill yourself.
>>
I had a dream that I was in an area infested with large roaches and centipedes trying to climb all over me but would flee from light so I had to constantly wave my flashlight at this horde of bugs to keep them off me but my flashlight kept flickering on and off. They overwhelmed me and I woke up.

Then, after going back to sleep, I have a dream that I'm at a very heavily populated college, I'm walking through a wide doorway with multiple people and right in front of me this shaky looking white neckbeard guy a few years younger than me pulls out a silver gun and hesitates- my mind is sure to let me understand that I could've prevented this, and he opens fire into the crowd of people next to me.
>>
>>8232903
I'm often trying to keep together a group of people I don't know, while escaping from things. There's usually swamps full of alligators or massive amounts of large spiders or snakes that I have to avoid and always lots of close calls but I manage to get away and usually nobody else does. Sometimes these stories seem to go on for days and then when I wake up it's all gone.
>>
>>8233308
That's my first acid trip in a nutshell. I was staring at clouds. I texted a friend to keep me company because I was nervous about tripping alone. She told me I had lost the light in my eyes and I should kill myself. I sat there for a while watching the clouds become funnels and demons while I worried I was going to kill myself to stop myself from killing myself.
>>
>>8233339

I dream about bugs a lot. Almost every night. Not in a bad way, they're just there.

Whenever I'm just between dreaming and wakefulness, I always see bugs on the ceiling and walls. Mostly spiders and beetles.

Whenever there's something alien, magical, or strange going on in a dream, it's always bugs. Inter-dimensional bug people, bug aliens, sentient parasites that give people magic powers. Whenever there's monsters, it's always a bug - though I'm never scared of them for whatever reason. Even what approximates as ghosts or spirits are always bugs.

Come to think of it, though, I don't think I've ever had a real nightmare before.

When I was like 6 I remember having a dream where the giant mechanical pig from Chuck'E'Cheeze tore my roof off. I punched it in the face so hard that I punched out of my dream into real life; punched the ceiling above my bed, bruised my knuckles, and woke myself up.

Haven't had a bad dream since then. I guess I taught those bastards a lesson.
>>
>>8233043
I can relate. There was a time I thought I only had nightmares, but then I broke out of it realised there have been (a few) good ones.

Horrible dreams too. Like the one where I felt drunk and my pupils started squirting blood.
>>
>>8232955
fantastic anon
>>
dreamt about astronauts. awed by their nobility, truly a terror-inspiring glory. the were camping in a high school, and they were setting down some kind of radial nerf claymore. it went off and darts hit my throat twice...

had to help them reset it. they were paranoid of anyone sneaking up on them, when I looked into the shadows, I could see who they were talking about.

It really felt like high school. Isolated fragments earlier, was in Spanish class and we were throwing books around. A distinctive flavor and feeling to it, already forgotten
>>
>>8233359
what the fuck.. why would your 'friend' say that?
>>
sometimes I wake up over and over in my dreams, because something feels deeply wrong and after about five or six I became trying to wake myself up. At this point, i feel like I am having a stroke and have difficulty speaking or moving in the dream. One time I attempted to pry my eye open with my hand, but when I woke up I found my mother cut in half (vertically) so I ran to my room where a giant wall of static slowly approached me and as it consumed me I woke up shaking and unsure if i am actually conscious.
Apparently, it's called a type 2 false awakening and I have them every once in a while. Afterwards, I'll be paranoid about becoming schizophrenic for a few days, because I keep thinking i see things out of the corner of my eyes.
>>
>>8233062
How many times has this happened to you?
>>
>>8234836
once why?
>>
When I was young, maybe ten or so, I dreamt I was woken up by an ancient, hunchbacked witch. She took me by my hand and led me out my bedroom door, with opened up into a large expanse of tundra. It was snowing a little and the wind was blowing but I felt warm.
Eventually, she led me to a cliff that seemed to go down forever. The witch directed me to a ledge that led us slowly down the side of the cliff, we climb part of the way.
At the bottom, theres a beach. The ocean is black like tar in hell. I look at the witch and see that here eyes are pale and sightless. She reaches out to me with a long , bony finger and traces something on my chest. Everywhere her finger goes, a trail of blood follows, she writes something arcane on me.
Then she points to the ocean.
Then I wake up.
>>
>>8234648
This sort of happens to me. I'll dream that I wake up in my apartment, get out of bed, walk to my living room and look at some papers that I I left on my counter from the night before, or stare at a wall clock
I'll pretty quickly realize that the paper or clock is impossible to read shifting gibberish, and an overwhelming anxiety or fear will overcome me. I usually wake up when I realize I don't own a bed or a wall clock.

One time I didn't wake up and I lived a few days in my dream space.
>>
A dream I recently had, told in three cantos:

CANTO ONE

>be me, 19, decide to be less beta
>approach a random qt girl from asia
>her dark hair touched the corners of her lips
>the perfect contour sliding down her hips
>though slightly chubby, short, and fit for then
>I'd say a solid 7 out of 10
>"what's that you're reading?", I say with a smile
>"a book" she says, revealing she has guile
>"uh-uhm, ok". kill_me.png
>she laughs, "HAHA!", she says, assuring me
>that she intended not to make me nervous
>"you're fun, and cute, I think I would prefer this
>dialogue to continue at my place"
>a doubtful look inhabited my face
>before I can respond she takes my hand
>from this point on I am on unknown land

CANTO TWO

>peculiar was the journey to her house
>quite off the beaten track, or thereabouts
>she stares and stares at me the whole way there
>not saying much, and neither did i dare
>we find the place and she brings me inside
>it looks as if its caught an asteroid
>"n-nice place", I say. she says we must proceed
>up to the second floor. suddenly she
>decides to tell a tidbit on the stairs
>and at this point I'm starting to get scared:
>"it's cursed. taken the lives of many men"
>"once you go up, you can't come down again"
>and now I'm sure that something is amiss ...
>I'm beta! I'm not qualified for this!
>and so of course I follow up the steps
>she beckons me some more, I acquiesce

CANTO THREE

>she ushers me to follow her some more
>she takes my hand and pulls me through a door
>the room I'm in is filled with dolls and posters
>of clowns, and jesters, and Heath Ledger's Joker
>terrified of all clowns since grade the third
>my bowels begin to churn, spaghetti stirred
>and then she sat me down, rickety chair
>and into my two maelstrom eyes she stared
>"what's wrong, anon? are you about to cry?"
>my trembling lips unbolted to reply:
>"well I don't know why I came here tonight"
>"I got the feelin that somethin aint right"
>"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair"
>"and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs"
>"clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right"
>"here I am stuck in the middle with you"
>>
>>8232966
holy shit that happens to me too.

do you know how weird it is to have Walt Whitman and my crush in the same dream?

And outside of actual scenes, I actually dream about reading, whether I'm reading more of a book I'm in the middle of, or rereading something, or analyzing shit.

I find it strengthens my emotional attachment to the books profoundly.
>>
>>8233021
i don't remember being in a transitional period at that time, and i'm absolutely certain i wasn't going throught a breakup
>>
>>8235205
Those were just two examples. It could have been anything.
>>
>Be with friend and sweet as sugar 9 yr old cousin
>At some point in the dream remember cousin curling up with me and her feeling soft and... Pleasant.
>Later in dream, its late/twilight
>Tell cousin to wait on the street whilst me and my buddy go to the main road shop for something
>Come back, cousin is crying
>There's a man walking away from us down the street
>She's got ripped clothes and there's jizz on her lower body
>Realisation
>Me and my buddy chase man down and beat him to death
>Wake up

Probably the most horrendous level of guilt and horror I've ever felt waking from a dream. Fear of death in dreams feels realer than any fear and that disgust, guilt, horror and fury I felt seeing my cousin like that was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Thank god the ability to relive the feelings of a dream disappear after a few days.

>>8235086
Lol I dig your description.

That sounds trippy as hell.
>>
had a vivid dream last night that my brother and I were exploring a forest and came across a enormous mansion in a very large clearing. the sky was dark purple with white spear shaped clouds all over, all parallel to each other and moving quite fast. the courtyard of the mansion had chairs all over the place, in now particular arrangement. there were 6 people sitting in random chairs all over the place. 5 of the people were identical, like a typical businessman person. and in another was a very old man wearing tattered rags. he began to get out of his chair and just had an aura of evil about him, and I felt an impeding doom and ran back into the forest. I remember then another dream where I was at my families house telling them about the previous dream, then I woke up
>>
>>8233120
Had me laughing. Family Guy fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1464065472844.jpg (11 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1464065472844.jpg
11 KB, 251x231
I led an army of 50,000 knights against saracens. Right hand of the King of Jerusalem. We reached the battlefield and the saracens were armed with kiwi fruit. No matter how hard we fought, there was nothing we could do. I watched a man cave in someones skull with a kiwi fruit.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.