[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good afternoon, /Lit/! Today I'm feeling the urge to delve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: wicca2.jpg (607 KB, 2040x1488) Image search: [Google]
wicca2.jpg
607 KB, 2040x1488
Good afternoon, /Lit/!

Today I'm feeling the urge to delve into witchy business. What books do you guys recommend?
>>
>>8226014
Fedora as fuck. I bet you're a wiseman, or a sage.
>>
Serious answers?

The White Goddess might be a good place to start. Very inspirational to modern neopaganism. From there, you're best bet might be to check out Gardner, he's like the founding father of Wicca. Post-Gardner wicca is slightly bullshitty but if that doesn't sate your lust then check out Drawing Down the Moon and The Triumph of the Moon. For a fun fictional story about witches, you might also try to read The Mists of Avalon. It's a re-telling of the Arthurian mythos from a feminist neopagan perspective.

But if you're not a fag or a chick or interested out of pure sociological curiosity, I would advise looking into traditional craft. Some good books to start would be The Call of the Horned Piper and The Pillars of Tubal Cain. Austin Osman Spare was also supposedly initiated into a witch cult and has a cool system of sorcery which scared even Crowley and caused him to be designated a black brother. From Spare, you can eventually move onto Chumbley who is the final boss of occultism.

A lot of these titles can be found in the mega archive on /x/'s /occultism&magickgeneral/ threads. Good luck.

-t. Wizard
>>
Brida by Paulo Coehlo, I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>8226179
You're into occult shit but also seem to be lucid so I hope you don't mind my asking:

What is the ratio of seriously fucked up deep-delving schizo types vs. "LOL IM A WIZARD XDDD" types in "amateur" occult research?
>>
>>8226308
I'd say it depends on the publisher. A lot of so-called occult publishers really just disseminate new age stuff or, worse yet, are vanity presses. For example, Llewellyn is pretty known for having lots of new-agey titles although there is the ocassional non-fluff title. For serious schizo research, your best bet is small occult publishers and academic publishers. Find some subjects and authors you like and follow the golden threads.
>>
>>8226364
Thanks, man.

Do you happen to know where I could find the latter kind of people? Any online communities?
>>
>>8226385
As mentioned earlier, /x/ has occult threads regulary with a great collection of ebooks and some friendly tripfags. There's also forums like occultcorpus and evocationmagic and a few others iirc. Some google-fu might lead to the others which I cannot recall. In my experience, however, the path of he magus is generally solitary. No one can walk the path but you so don't expect hand-holding.
>>
>>8226308

Not him but
>implying those are the only two types of people who research it

More than likely the first category is extremely rare as it is in the normal population, I doubt there is any correlation between occultism and schitzo-typal personality.

The second type is also an extreme example, and one much more likely to be found here on 4chan. You're more likely to find general lower intelligence people, not pure autists.

Hedonism seems to be a major underlying point for the occult which is a weak premise philosophically.
>>
what the hell
Just made a thread on /x/ asking for good books on witchcraft.
Went /lit/ and saw this on the frontpage. X is full of retards and kids anyway so good thing I came here.
>>
Hi, OP here. Sorry for the delay!

Looks like there are some great things here -- I appreciate it! Any chance there are some good nonfiction / biographical books on witchcraft's history? Apart from Salem, which I'm sure there's a plethora about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.