[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me tell you what this book is. It's tediously bloated,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: infinite trash.jpg (2 MB, 2264x2287) Image search: [Google]
infinite trash.jpg
2 MB, 2264x2287
Let me tell you what this book is.

It's tediously bloated, and any remotely worthwhile parts are plagiarized from Dostoevsky, or buckled down by its own self indulgence.

It's for spineless pseuds who can't make their own decisions about life.

It's trash, and so is anyone who praises it.
>>
>>8223439

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.
>>
Yes, I know you're trash. Plis to kill yourself.
>>
>>8223439
>plagiarized from Dostoevsky,
what parts?
>>
>>8223439
I want so badly for this to be true. I haven't read it yet but from the title and the fans I get the impression that I hate it.
>>
>>8223439
>worthwhile parts are plagiarized from Dostoevsky
actually it's dostoevsky, shakespeare, gogol, joyce, delillo, and barths
>>
File: 4.jpg (985 KB, 2614x2429) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
985 KB, 2614x2429
>>
>>8226459
this is from the frank biography, right?

dfw also wrote a brief article about it, frank's work i mean. but you probably didn't know that
>>
>>8226472
I didn't, but I nevertheless find it odd to quote DFW for Dostoevsky.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.