[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw anons on here actually side with Keynes over Hayek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Messages Image(1731180110).png (249 KB, 466x519) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(1731180110).png
249 KB, 466x519
>tfw anons on here actually side with Keynes over Hayek
>>
>tfw economism is a cult
>tfw the history of economics begins with naive but well-meaning pre-social sciences enlightenment shit, nosedives into hegelian spookytown with marx, almost gains some dignity with the younger/older german schools of historical economics, and then goes full batshit crazy cult mode with 20th century economic nostradamian anglo-rastafarianism where you have to min/max all your points into micro and macroeconomics so you can bear-bull the trade shares and hold seances with the ghosts of recessions to come
>tfw economists go to actual "schools" thinking they are "learning" something when all they're learning is to blindfold themselves and service a small fraction of the theoretically infinite penises of the economic supersphere that are visible in this dimension, and they have the gall to call what they do "Economics" with a capital E
>tfw you try talking to a guy about actual economics and he starts shouting autistically that COMPUTERIZED TYPE-6 ULTRA-SHARE NEOMARKETS DIDNT EXIST BEFORE 1965 THEREFORE ECONOMICS DIDNT EXIST BEFORE 1965 STOP TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE FRENCH REVOLUTION I HAVE HIGH SCHOOL MATH TO DO
>tfw he slams his dorm room door shut in your face and you catch a glimpse of a cumstained poster of reagan
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (16 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0199.jpg
16 KB, 267x189
>>8223304
>>tfw economists go to actual "schools" thinking they are "learning" something when all they're learning is to blindfold themselves and service a small fraction of the theoretically infinite penises of the economic supersphere that are visible in this dimension, and they have the gall to call what they do "Economics" with a capital E

I'm taking a bite, lads:

Well, economists do actually learn something, tryhard. You should think twice before denouncing the importance of economics; The economy, along with the people who keep it functioning, keep the world intact, not politics. And besides seeking a career in economics, many young students of economics are able to pursue other fields, such as finance, accounting-- any business field, really-- journalism, literature, statistics, math, etc. Economists are arguably some of the most powerful people in the world. In fact, Chairwoman Yellen has more influence over the world than, say, President Obama. Economics combines elements of math, statistics, and philosophy to form an established science, hence why it's spelled with a capital 'E'.

kys

(pic related): This man was responsible for the '08 Global Financial Crisis.
>>
I don't get it either.
>>
>>8223346
>Chairwoman Yellen

tss what's she yellen about, stocks or somethin
>>
>>8223249
Austrian economics are a meme
>>
Friedman > Keynes and Hayek
>>
>>8223249
>siding with either of them

At least both are better than Friedman. Economics shouldn't be taken seriously. They're still using neoclassical models and treating it like a science. There's a reason why historians and anthropologists make better economic predictions than economists...
>>
File: dm.jpg (235 KB, 980x1107) Image search: [Google]
dm.jpg
235 KB, 980x1107
>>8224458
>Economics shouldn't be taken seriously
it's the idiots who read a few wikipedia pages about economical thought and think they know it all that shouldn't be taken seriously
>>
>>8224450
The Friedman - Keynes synthesis is the best. Economic orthodoxy essentially
>>
>>8224469
I wish you were right, but unfortunately I majored in economics (history too, thank god). There are certainly economists worth reading (Hyman Minsky, for example), but it's guys like Friedman and Hayek (Friedman more than Hayek) who are largely responsible for the big mess we find ourselves in today. Fans (what other word can you use) of them treat their work as though it's infallible, not knowing that Keynes isn't the only economist whose ideas differ from theirs.
>>
>>8223304
>20th century economic nostradamian anglo-rastafarianism
INFINITE MEME
>>
>>8223249
you do realize that Hayek back peddled on most of his criticisms of Keynes and at the end of the day just had a relatively minor disagreement as to what governments can know, right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.