[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>150 wpm reading speed >lower comprehension than speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Brendan_Fraser_cropped[1].jpg (98 KB, 837x892) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_cropped[1].jpg
98 KB, 837x892
>150 wpm reading speed
>lower comprehension than speed readers
>can't even get myself to read a whole chapter in one sitting
>keep finding books that sound interesting but i'll realistically never actually read

please help me
>>
>>8217638
I read a lot slower than you (due to ocd) and I can't remember the last time I read more than 15 pages in a sitting. But I cope with it. And I still love reading and discovering new books.

Just deal with it, dude. If reading slowly is your biggest problem, you're a lucky guy.
>>
You're not skipping over punctuation are you, anon?

I was like that until I started paying attention to punctuation and not just glancing over it.
>>
>>8217638
Look for key information. Unless you are reading for prose, in which case just go along for the ride, ask yourself what the author's point is, and try to focus on only the important aspects. You can get caught up analyzing sentences and even phrases, which it sounds like you are, to the detriment of the overall message.

Basically, go into a book with a purpose. Use highlighting to remember key points and use Wikipedia to get condensed versions of the information you are reading if you're reading non-fiction.

If you're talking about reading fiction, start with young adult books and work your way up. A lot of them are better than people here give them credit for and are more streamlined and forthright.
>>
File: nako dance.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nako dance.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
Depends on the book as well, IJ - 20 pages per hour...Knausguard - whole books in literal nanoseconds as I shove them up my rectum
>>
>>8218717
I've unironically diddled myself with books before.
>>
have fun reading.
what is going to happen? there's going to be a test at the end of your life or something asking how much you got through?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.