[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I get it /lit/. The world is mostly filled with shallow stupid children of all ages races and backgrounds. Almost nobody has even the slightest idea what they're talking about, or even a frame of reference for how it would sound if they did have any idea what they were talking about. I don't claim to have answers to life's questions, but I have a broadened enough perspective on most topics to see how little most people have to say that's at all worth listening to. The only time I ever even feel like i'm speaking to peers is when I'm talking to people at least twice my age. Not because they're informed enough for my liking, but because they've had their perceptions challenged thoroughly enough and repeatedly enough for long enough to gain that certain weariness that makes someone keep the talking out of their ass to a minimum. I've felt this way for years. I only have one friend and i've only had that one friend for years. She shows me every day that selflessness is possible. The only motivating force I have in life is that when I finish college I can make a good enough living for her to not have to work if she doesn't want to, and without her, I would have nothing and nobody. I was fine with this for the longest time, but then I started college and started trying to make friends with all these fucking retarded kids. One after another I lose patience with them for being dumb delusional narcissists or they lose patience with me for being much more willing than them to think critically and speak with installments longer than 140 characters, and lately i'm reaching my limit.

I'm not putting it on anyone to make me feel better or give me a reason to live. You work hard for yours and i've got mine. I just come to empathise and be empathized with by people who've also read and studied their way into this nihilistic trap. You're not alone /lit/.
>>
>>8214361
Just to clarify, my one friend is not pic related.
>>
>>8214361
danger and play is what women are and want [they want play = safe danger] and men want women, but only because women are the ultimate danger and play thing. This is nice, but you can reach a life beyond this.

once you understand that men are not meant to be as good hedonist as women, you first acknowledge the superiority of women at the hedonistic life (which is just called life by men and women) and you see the misery of hedonism, either the direct hedonism of the woman, or the nihilistic fantasy of the delayed hedonism [hedonism of the will] of the man [the one that men advocate for, the one about engaging yourself into challenges after challenges, seeking merit, pursuing your passions, in one word still clinging to entertainment (typically to attract women sooner or later) to better turn away from their impotency at the hedonistic life..] created by men once they get beat by women.
Once you see the game as well as the noneffective masculine life, you lose faith in hedonism. At this point, you either see the solution or not {Nietzsche did not see it, or rather he did not claim explicitly that he saw it]: you strive to do the exact opposite of hedonism (either the masculine one or the feminine one): first you stop being nihilistic, in accepting what you are (it is crucial to be sincere about the starting point], meaning a worm, and in stopping to analyze the past to get a better future (= the strategy of men, which remains inside hedonism (even though they claim that it is not, and in practice is is clearly not), but even more nihilistic than the feminine hedonism, once they are beaten by women] and in stopping to take what you desire, feel and think seriously [=the hedonism of the woman, and the fueling of this hedonism by men].

Women are wrong for having faith in what they desire, in thinking that this is relevant to ones life
they are a bit wrong to let men spend their life trying to serve women.

Men are wrong to try to play with women, which is just serving women
men are wrong, after being defeated, to be resentful towards women
men are wrong to think, after being defeated, that the solution is to be even more nihilistic than women in dwelling in hedonism of the will

The lack of efficacy of the masculine life leads to a narcissism (contrary to men), but without egotism (contrary to women), a more equanimous and benevolent stance towards what is desired, felt and thought. At this point, you stop looking at hedonism of the body [=the feminine hedonism], turn towards hedonism of the soul [what religious call it], spirit, consciousness [what buddhists call it] [=the hedonism of the mild ascetic, the hedonism that most men fail to see and the one that women love to think that they embody (women love to think that they are not as egotistic as they are, that they embody a humanist stance)] and then you understand that even this is doomed to be disappointing, so you refuse it until you stop caring about this one too.
>>
>>8214372
kay
>>
>>8214361
embrace stoicism.
the fact is that you have an expiration date, another one is that we all bear the curse of flesh.
since you are bound to experience consciousness and the emotions that come with it, there is only one that is viable in the long run. content.
happiness is like a drug, diminishing over time.
but not content. disconnect yourself from everything, only ever indulging in what you deem as profitable at a time, both physically and emotionally.
>>
I'm ashamed of what I want. I am ashamed of how base and crass I am. I used to aspire to great things and always, always, always, it would make me miserable. I know there is something more to life, but I just can't see it.

And I'm tired. Tired of playing the fool.
>>
so what?
>>
>>8215241
I was given great talent, powerful gifts. I've never felt worthy of them. I feel as though I've never actually won, I've never achieved the victory that was required of me.

I tried, but I have a weak soul. I'm given to a predilection towards hedonism, cowardice, and giving up has always been easier than seeing something through to the end.

I am surprised I managed to cling to anything, that my life is not a total disaster, just a somewhat disappointing failure.

I've gotten to experience things in life that most people can only dream of, but victory, great victory, has always eluded me.
>>
>>8214372
Who was it that said the Path of Excess Leads to the Tower of Wisdom?
>>
>>8215260
>So I did what I knew I could do... what I had to do... I became a tripfag.
>>
>>8215275
its easier to put a face to a name.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.