[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going on a trip and I just finished watching twin peaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Agentdalecooper.jpg (26 KB, 404x400) Image search: [Google]
Agentdalecooper.jpg
26 KB, 404x400
I'm going on a trip and I just finished watching twin peaks for the second time. I need a book recommendation that somewhat fills the same niche and has a similar vibe. Something about a small town with a dark, subtle, and mystical vibe that can also be very light hearted at the same time. I'd like a unique and interesting protagonist that isn't just a vessel for the reader, but is a well-defined character in his own right. Also a heavy focus on setting that treats the setting almost as a character itself. Do you know any books like this?
>>
>>8210559
Read The diary of Laura Palmer, and the diary of Dale Cooper. They are both good books to read if you love Twin peaks and those characters.
>>
File: 71OeTA7+oPL.jpg (212 KB, 1187x1852) Image search: [Google]
71OeTA7+oPL.jpg
212 KB, 1187x1852
>>8210559
>Something about a small town with a dark, subtle, and mystical vibe that can also be very light hearted at the same time.
>Also a heavy focus on setting that treats the setting almost as a character itself

two out of three ain't bad, as a wise man once said
>>
I ***highly*** recommend Haruki Murakami. I got into Lynch and Murakami at the same time, when I was seventeen or eighteen, and although their content isn't exactly the same by virtue of being from different countries and upbringings, their work *works* in extremely similar ways, and deals with similar themes and cultural and personal issues, etc, etc.
Please read Kafka on the Shore, I think you will like it. It's a great starting point, and perhaps his most actively Lynchian. Dance, Dance, Dance, Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle are all masterpieces as well, but not the best starting points.
>>
into the woods- tana French
>>
Knut Hamsun - Mysteries

This is the book you're looking for.
>>
>>8210577
Not OP but this seems interesting. A good read?
>>
>>8210613
This. Fantastic book.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.