[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is reading speed important?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: speed.jpg (7 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
speed.jpg
7 KB, 280x180
Is reading speed important?
>>
>>8208677
first post, correct post
>>
>>8208676
>Is reading speed important?
Yes. For one, you must be able to get to the end of the idea before the start of the idea leaves your short term memory.

>Is reading-aloud speed important
Also yes. A listener will struggle if you're less than 2wps and above 4 wps.

>What benefit is there to reading quickly
If you're both reading _and_ understanding (rather than just skimming like a pleb) then quicker allows you to process what you've read and put it into use, and then move onto the next thing, more quickly than a slower reader.
>>
>>8208698
nice false dichotomy, faggot
>>
>>8208730
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
>>
>>8208698
>Yes. For one, you must be able to get to the end of the idea before the start of the idea leaves your short term memory.

I've noticed this is harder for me with more complicated things like Nietzche, usually for the harder things I have to read it a few times. Any tips on how I can get better ?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.