[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly considering dropping Wolfe forever because of the ridiculous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: long_sun.png (269 KB, 266x373) Image search: [Google]
long_sun.png
269 KB, 266x373
Honestly considering dropping Wolfe forever because of the ridiculous ending. Do the later books in the same universe justify it? Aside from a throwaway passage when Quetzal was introduced there was absolutely no foreshadowing.
>>
>sun
>long

dropped it before i even picked it up
>>
>>8208329
What ridiculous ending? What Quetzel is? His nature is set up early, and reinforced often. There is the "owl" attack in the second book, with the writing on the wall four stories up. The obvious bits in his introduction. His zeal at sucking the poison out of that child. And that completely random part where he shows up in the middle of the revolution with a dead person in a shed. And Mucor not being able to see him. Quetzal is half intended as a set up for the sequel, but more its to show how warped the Whorl is, that the pope is literally a demon.The troubles with the Whorl started long ago, but they are compounded by the fact that Quetzel banned sacrificing children. There is irony in this, in that he disallowed it because he wanted more food, but all that extra bodies is what is over heating the Whorl.
>>
>>8208329
Honestly considering dropping OP for his ridiculous post
>>
>>8208329
Read this, fool. http://pastebin.com/BrqG8ryb
>>
Wolfe fanboys are triggered easily
>>
>>8208578
Are you Marc?
>>
>>8208621
No but he can show you all the foreshadowing and careful structure better than I can in a post. He posted that link in another sf thread a while ago.
>>
>>8208329
Yes, it makes a lot more sense as the middle of a 7 part series than as the end of a tetralogy. Start reading On Blue's Waters now and if you are still booty bothered drop it, you dont deserve the Wolfe.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.