[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is literature the artform with the deepest reach? As a photographer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 72h83DL1qe0lqqo1_1280.jpg (511 KB, 1179x884) Image search: [Google]
72h83DL1qe0lqqo1_1280.jpg
511 KB, 1179x884
Is literature the artform with the deepest reach?

As a photographer myself i enjoy a lot the act of creating images, but i reckon the reach of photography is kinda superficial. I dont know anyone who has felt his life changed because of a photo, but that happens often with books.

Music can be pretty thrilling as an abstract sensory experience, but how deep it goes into actually shaping someones life? Not taking lyrics or subcultures into consideration, but music alone and itself.

Well done sculpture can be pretty moving, but thats it.

What do you think, is literature the most packed and dense and actually mind rearranging art form?
>>
>>8200523
>is literature the most packed and dense and actually mind rearranging art form?
literature is inherently "mind rearranging" because its form and content are made up of language, which is what constructs the human mind, more or less. so literature is the most direct/accessible artform because its project is essentially to control the reader's thoughts as directly as possible.
that doesn't mean that photography or music or architecture can't be moving, but literature, and more specifically poetry, is probably the most direct artform.
>>
Yes and photoghraphy is the shallowest "art"
>>
>>8200523
>What do you think, is literature the most packed and dense and actually mind rearranging art form?

so far, yes. cinema could have been, but literature had a really long head start so, yeah.

>which is what constructs the human mind

i don't think that's true
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.