[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we write a simple sentence and make it into something Lovecraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: cthulhu has no form.png (1 MB, 850x1000) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu has no form.png
1 MB, 850x1000
ITT we write a simple sentence and make it into something Lovecraft would write.

"Ah shit, I stubbed my toe."

"The persons involved in such an incident where ones first toe meets an unrequited invitation to the wall corner shouted, profanity spewing from their lips."

also general Lovecraft thread. Favorite Lovecraft story?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>8196590
Probably mountain of madness but I need to read more. People keep giving me collected works and I haven't had the time to read them

Pages towered above me, stretching on infinitely on all sides. Their words unread beckoning with an ancient tongue I could not know. The towers of eldritch knowledge collapsed in and trapped me, keeping me from escaping their evil, while many hands added to the pile. I'd become obsessed with learning these elder secrets, but couldn't continue on, and a profound fear enveloped me.
>>
>>8196590
"Aw, hell nah! What the fuck even IS that?!"

"By god, dear Richard! It was a kind of eldritch horror, wholly beyond our human understanding. It was truely an unnamable beast, if one might even call it that. I will, however, attempt to give you a vague yet detailed description of the thing. Starting with a lot of slime, goo and the occasional tentacle."
>>
>>8196590
"I had a shitty vacation."

"I will tell you about the thing, once I can gather my senses, at least what senses remain to me after that horrid event; but first let me describe New England architecture to you in exhausting and unnecessary detail."
>>
>>8197777
Made me lol. Good post.
>>
"I found this great appartment."

"If you asked me where these quarters were, I could not tell you. I have walked the streets in search of them around *unnecessarily long description of an entire part of town* to no avail. I have even gone to the court house to find maps from the time of the Witch Hunts for whatever reason and could not find an iota of evidence the street ever existed. I will, however, fill you in on 200 years of this towns city planning history and queer and eery anecdotes, all relating to Salam, Arkham and cults run by degenerate races, more beast than man. Oh, I also should mention the lack of lanterns, which forced me to use an electric torch, as I call it, even though people haven't been using that name for 20 years. I like how it sounds. E-lec-tric torch..."
>>
>>8197810

Someone just finished Dreams in the Witch House
>>
>>8197829
No, I was thinking of "Pickman's Model" and "The Music of Erich Zann".
>>
>>8197777

hardkek

"I showed her out"

"I shewed her out"
>>
>>8197839
You can do better.
At least make it a "him". There are no women in Lovecraft's world.
Apart from maybe one Norwegian widow and a vaguely Latina landlord.
>>
>>8197855

I'll shew you out in a minute
>>
"I heard you'll be able to see the northern lights tonight, at least that what that crazy dude told me"
>>
>>8197777
You cracked me up, well done
>>
>>8197859
I'd like that senpai
>>
>>8196590
Oh fuck, I couldn't imagine this fucking grotesque monster thing, unimaginably unimaginable, like you couldn't even imagine it being something that you would normally have no trouble imagining, but it was like TOTALLY UNIMAGINABLE.
>>
>>8197674
>not just getting the collected works of literally everything he ever wrote since elementary school on kindle for like three bucks
Worth,
>>
"There she was - my daughter, popping out of my wive with this river of blood."

"That most cursed fate had befallen me - I was a father. Soon would be gone my endless days of intellectual stimulation - Diogenes and the Concave Earth, meat for the hungry maw of my imagination, would become dim memories. For now, my daughter was here, riding like a canoe of Red men down a branching delta of blood, the origin of which I could not pinpoint - my precious wive, or this crinkled, squashed-faced creature now presented to me, beguiling me to feel for her paternal sentiment. This she received, solely out of pride - as she turned out to be a comely specimin - and a fatherly sense of duty."
>>
>>8197990
That wasn't Lovecraftian at all.
You didn't even incorporate any goo.
>>
I have a black friend.

You are perhaps aware of the loathsome beasts which issue forth from darkest Congo regions? That lumbering mockery of half-human form referred to by such eldritch pseudonyms as "negroe", though of which a more descriptive title might be unfit for the tongues of civilized men to utter and be better found in eldritch tomes in squalid night-lit swamps that lie pallid in the secret eldritch places of our world. Some years ago it was my misfortune to encounter and employ one of these creatures and, through gentlemanly good graces and eldritch social expectation, form an otherwise unthinkable bond that could be called camaraderie were I certain that the eldritch hunch-formed ape shared a similar faculty for such eldritch thoughts. Eldritch.
>>
>>8198028
Did he ever hate on black people that much?
Pretty sure he mostly hated the Irish.
>>
>>8198039
I remember in the call of cthulu the narrators uncle gets stabbed by an aquatic negro
>>
>>8198051
Didn't he just drop something on his head?

Either way, I don't think he ever openly hated them in his books. Just kind of took note of how degenerate they are.
>>
>>8198039
Specifically black people as compared to Innuits, Eastern Europeans, or Welsh and Irish? Not that much. This is more reflective of how he viewed anyone other than the English and Anglo-Americans.
>>
>>8198070
But he practically sucked Arab/Egypt dick.
A complex man.
A beautiful man.
>>
>>8198068
> Lovecraft
> Not hating them
"When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger."
>>
>>8198068
The whole of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" is a morality tale about the dangers of miscegenation.

>>8196590
I took a walk outside.

"Long did I wander under that gibbous moon, the chill winds whipping the tails of my coat to and fro."
>>
"Damn, the toast got burned."

"At the moment I heard the sound, it was already far too late. If I would have paid a bit more attention, my soul would not be in a state of constant, unbearable terror, devoid of anything that made me human. That shocking sight, that would haunt me in my dreams and beyond, is something I can hardly describe. The black, wicked, squarish mass looked like it was forged from nothing less, but the fiery pits of hell itself. A darkness. An endless darkness. A never ending darkness, seemed to absorb every ray of light in the room and my soul. For a brief moment I could free myself from the terror and my instincts set my body in motion. I fled the scene and left everything I had, including my sanity behind. But even if I went to the end of the world and beyond, I could never escape the sight I witnessed that dreaful day.
>>
>>8199092
He obviously thought they were sub-humans.
But I always had the impression his issues were more of cultural disgust, rather than real hate.
Also I get the sense that whenever he actually writes for his universe, the "lesser men" or cultists are especially grotesque.
Also he did write quite beautiful stories of the "soul" or "true self" which was quite divorced from the condition of the body
>>
>>8197951
Truuuuu
>>
File: 9780575084018.jpg (33 KB, 261x400) Image search: [Google]
9780575084018.jpg
33 KB, 261x400
Is this worth reading if I want to get a little bit more into Lovecraft's works?
>>
"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water"

"By the end of that gruesome day the sun sank from a undescribable light that spat acid in the fragile eyes of all who looked upon her to an impotent, intrusive sphere with an amber tint slowly sinking into a sulphur horizon. This amber light touched the fragrant grass which I had lowered by body towards and gently stinging and stroking the bare skin of my spread buttocks. My excrement had evolved from gently solid to an intangible, slimey mass and globules of black and red. The stench was maddening and began all but obliterate the previous fragrance of the somber plains. Once a gibbous moon had replaced the drowned sun among the astral plane my excrement was no mere than fetid whine which coursed all over my feet and continued in a riverbank down the mounds of the plain. I could not stop drinking, so foul was the eldritch horror that protruded from my rectum, but the more I sought to the bottle the more surplus of excrement. But in doing sow I also grew more desperate for the bottle. With the daemoniac liquid pulsating within me, seeking to escape its carnal prison, I crawled on all fours towards the thin river nearby, defeated by my hateful fate".
>>
"Let me tell you a story."

"Let this other guy tell you a story."

"Let this other other guy tell you a story.
>>
>>8199456
"So I did some research in the matter."

"This is my written account and correlations made of the written accounts and correlations made (by a mysteriously passed loved one) about other written accounts and correlations made."
>>
''The pot was hot and I burned myself''

''The accursed benevolence of this cruel world's nature layed waste upon that which stands before mine-self, the cruelty of this world ravaging my mortal skin for the sins against the old ones who would seek to plunge my world unto fire and madness... niggers''
>>
>>8199435
>>8197810
>>8197777
>>8198028
Top kek
>>8199580
Moderate kek
>>
>>8197855
>he didn't read Sweet Ermengarde
Also females are present pretty much every time a family is mentioned.
>>
>>8196590
"I came"

"There are qualities possessed by man so ghastly that to look upon them in an unhindered state is to commit mental suicide; for the mind of such an hapless victim would prefer to rid itself of all memories and condemn its own body to a certain death than to relive that one repugnant recollection. For this reason it is with great trepidation that Mr. Bounty recalls the night in which his most flaccid extremity had ceased to be in such a state and had been replaced by unyielding, rigid and flesh ingot whose farthest point quivered slightly before letting out a torrent of indulgent ooze that proceed to create a alluvium of eldritch, lactescence whiteness at the border between corduroys and undergarment."
>>
>>8197777
Keked and checked
>>
>>8196590
We're just a bunch of faggots.

I tell you now, of all the horrors the human mind has yet to fully comprehend, there is but one abominable creature, one insane degenerate defiance of all of Creation's laws that you all suffer no matter the location, no matter the defenses you erect, no matter the solidarity of will and reason you employ against it. This abjectly inhuman monstrosity haunts the very cities you live in and corrupts anything it comes within even the remotest contact with. It will rend asunder that which is sacrosanct, defile that which even the lowliest of negroes would dare not trounce upon, and insult the very core of your spirit by the mere fact that it chooses to be labeled as extant, not extinct. We are your abomination. We haunt every facet of your meaningless lives and make it a living hell. We are anonymous. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We do not mate with those of the female sex.
>>
Lovecraft does nothing for me
>>
>>8199946
Me either. His style tries so hard to be Poe, but fails because it's too stiff, and his characters lifeless.
>>
>>8199967
Ye tru
>>
>>8199396

No. Just fucking read Lovecraft. It's not that hard.
>>
>>8197777

OH SHIT QUADS
>>
>>8197777
>Lovecraft detected
>Quads
>>
‘Popcorn Altoids’ taste horrible.

Mints are characterized by the presence of mint flavoring, but this particular mint bestows no such essence nor attests to any coherence, at all. In fact, my mind cannot comprehend such blasphemous sensations, and having sensed them, my body trembles as any living body would upon dying in complete agony. The texture and taste are so repugnant that my sanity has been in doubt since I sensed the mint's heinous chemical composition. The taste buds that remained could not understand such complexity, and after failing to judge and agree upon the taste, an existential crisis emerged on my tongue. In a final attempt, the buds turned into hearing and cone and rod cells for a split second, which led me to hear and see the taste of this candy. This was of no use since I could not describe the storm of sounds and visions I had of this particularly unutterable taste. Trauma is a word that could describe my deeply distressed mental state in the first moments of sampling the ‘Popcorn Altoids’, but now, I must say that I have passed beyond a trauma state. There is no way back; what I felt cannot be unfelt, and it changed me for all the eternity. One who would maintain any mental faculties and not perish must never go near this mint.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.