[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ how do I break into the Amazon Erotica game? How do i enter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1460246261948.png (973 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460246261948.png
973 KB, 1280x720
/lit/ how do I break into the Amazon Erotica game? How do i enter chuck tingle mode? Also talk about your experiences and if you have any tips.
>>
>>8174150
Sometimes I write my ayn rand sexual fantasies on /lit/. I've tried writing actual marketable erotica and it went badly. Write something you like. I bet Chuck Tingle (or whatever his name is) cries himself to sleep every day despite being rich because he has to write the actual books.
>>
What you have to do I think is just write whatever amuses you or turns you on. If it does both, all the better. With erotica no holds are barred and you can say whatever you want. Your prose style doesn't have to be very good. What matters is that you can paint a picture, a hot picture, in someone's mind. That's all.

Just keep writing and writing, doing your specific thing that no one else has quite done right, and you will be like Chuck Tingle in the end probably.
>>
OP here, found some stellar advice

As a fan of erotica if something goes beyond 6k words or even more chances are I won't read it. Why? Because I don't care about story, character development, plot, descriptions, anything.
I care about fucking, lewdness leading up to it and the result after coitus. Thats all I want out of a story.
I don't buy erotica but Ive seen so many long winding memoirs where all they do is flirt, it bores me to death.
Vonnegut said you should start a story off as close to the end as possible. Its very true with eroticism. The guy who is about the fuck the girl should be standing right outside the door.
Erotica is an impulse buy/ fetish buy when you do buy it. Its quick and dirty short like McDonald but it gets the job done.
If you want to write something longer you aren't out to make profit. Writing is really about hitting a groove so you are more quantity than quality, if you want to make money.
Some of the more longer eroticism I have read, is absolutely great. But it has to be dripping with prevision, lewdness, teasing from the get go. I think one long series the main characters never even fucked, but it was hot as hell watching them dance around the taboo issue.
But most of the time, and it might be my personal preference, nobody can really write that good for that long in erotica without it having to become a dirty romance novel instead.
>>
>>8174150
Chuck Tingle works by writing titles that make you really wonder just how on earth that story is even going to work. It's click bait book covers. And you get a sizeable commission if your book is amongst the first few read after the amazon books subscription is bought.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.