[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short story ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 14457308244650.jpg (252 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
14457308244650.jpg
252 KB, 800x640
Over the course of 5 years I wrote six shory stories, each and every one of the was distinctively pessemistic and usually had a cruel twist ending. I would like to hear your intresting ideas for a short story.
You can throw in a general description, or you can elaborate on the story as much as you want.

1) The first short story was more of an ode to Jack London. I borrowed a lot of the expressions and writing style from "To build a fire " and "The Love of Life"
It was a story about two gold miners. One of the is young and vigorus, leading the duo through the tundra and the second is an aging weak individual.
When they take a break the old timer asks his compnion to give him more time to rest claiming he will soon get up and follow him. After a short dispute the young miner levaes him a gun to protect himself from wolves.
He marches on, also carrying his firend`s gold. After a excruciating walk he suddenly sees the settlemnt realizng he had miscalculated their route and it was a lot closer than they expected.
Meanwhile the old timer gets lost and in a dying fenzy convinces himself that his companion planned to leave him for dead all along.
When the man returs looking for his friend, he gets shot by him. And of course the shooter dies later due to hypothermia.

2)A scientist comes hom excited about his impeding marraige. He quit his job a the lab and took out a loan to go with his wife on honeymoon.
Inside he is greeted by his double. They share a drink and he explains to him that his ex coworker managed to invent time machine, based on the theory that the main character proposed as a thought experiment, but never took seriously.
Seven years In the future his wife hates him because he threw out his career and his life is in shambles. He beggs his friend for a job at the lab with time machine and uses it.
The time travel simply creates another reality without distorting current time flow. You can send an atomic bomb back in time for a milisecond and feel zero effects on present reality.
The characters thinks that he had come to warn himself. But turns out the drink they shared was poison, and his double "takes his life back " from a younger and weaker versions of himself.
First of all he disposes of the body, tell his bride to go fuck herself. As he begins to work on the time machine project he instantly recieves a bomb through time travel. As it turn out, it was once again from his future self; those seven years that he lost could have given him enough time to live long enough for the cure of his rare illness. So he kills "himself" just out of sheer frustration.
>>
>tfw I never get great ideas for short stories anymore

When I was younger I used to get that "Hey I should write about that" thought all the time
>>
3) A monster a plaguing the village. It hunts down and devours peole, leaving horrible raveged remains.
Bounty hunters and monster slayers begin to gather near the village.
Story followes some of the brifely but all of them end up at the same night at the same tavern
It quickly tuns out that most of them are connected to each other:
(1) Ex - garrison commander almost hanged an (2) escaped convict, which also confessed his sins to the (3) Ex priest, who used to rape (4) girl who joined bandits, who robbed and killed family of an (5) ex soldier, who used to kill innocent elves, and one time spared a (6) half blood, who worked with the (2) convict
There`s also a barkeep and his daoguter in the tavern.
The flashbacks unfold, and evntually they draw their weapons.

Long story short, a priest and the elf remain alive and they threathen the barkeep to keep his mouth shut.

The twist is the monster is ashapeshfiter who can assume the identity of the it devoured. the daughter of barkeep turns back into her true from and slaughters them all, before leaving to the night.
>>
>5 short stories in 6 years

prolific lad
>>
>>8196374
First is good.
>>
>>8196410
A good idea doesnt mean a good story.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.