[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The depiction of female sexuality near the end of this book made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: alice-munro.jpg (47 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
alice-munro.jpg
47 KB, 326x500
The depiction of female sexuality near the end of this book made me nauseous. It was well written, but still. Worse than The Painted Bird and Blood Meridian.

ITT times you got an unintended feel from a book.
>>
>>8195600
>female sexuality
>makes me nauseous
wew lad
why fag
>>
>>8195606
women are greasy sloppy pigs, what's not to be disgusted by.
>>
>>8195600

This is, I have heard, a wonderful writer, one of the best of our times. Yet, since she is personally a modest, calm and quiet lady, and averse to fanfare and controversy, she is not a pop-writer model. She stays under the radar despite her great talent, so I heard.

I was thinking on starting reading her. Unlike you, OP, I don’t have anything against female sexuality. It’s a normal aspect of the biology of males and females, and there is nothing better than having fun with a girl between the sheets – I cant understand why some guys are so neurotic with it. Honestly, I think they are jealous even of fictional women and girls they don’t even know: is like “I only want women to have sex with me and feel desire for me, and no other male”.

That said, can you explain what is so revolting in the book? Or post some excerpts.
>>
>>8195606
Women enjoying sex makes me uncomfortable. Don't worry, I know my feelings are wrong. I don't talk about them, nor do I plan to get married or have daughters.
>>
>>8195631
>and there is nothing better than having fun with a girl between the sheets

drugs win over women by miles
>>
>>8195641
Do you intend to stay single and have sons?
>>
>>8195656
Single, yes. Sons, no, but it wouldn't be unfortunate if it happened.
>>
>>8195641
>Women enjoying sex makes me uncomfortable.

Are you sure is not something that you feel out of jealousy or desire-for-control? Like, you know that, if she enjoys having sex with you, she will also enjoy having sex with other males, and the images, sounds and watery theater of such spectacle (she being penetrated by other male and enjoying it, as if she is being invaded but still feeling a desire to be invaded and to submit) is simply too much of a anger alarm-clock inside you to accept it?
>>
>>8195729
there is literally nothing wrong with feeling that way.
>>
>>8195729
Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out.

When a woman matters to me it is because I perceive her as being clean. When I learn something unclean about her, I feel intense discomfort, but after that I can interact with her normally. I just won't care about her.

It may be as you say but I've been able to date women I knew from the start were a certain way, so I'm not sure.

The book was unnerving to me because in the beginning, she's an innocent child, and in the end, sex has reduced her to being an animal. It was like a preview of having a daughter.

If it was a book about a prostitute or if the book began with her as a sexual being, I would have probably felt nothing.
>>
>>8195751
Do you not care for your mother then? She wouldn't be clean, by your definition.
>>
>>8195734

I don’t say it is correct to feel this way, but I admit that I myself feel like that. I was always somewhat jealous of my girlfriends with the males in their past. I was never jealous of the present and future. For example, I would not care at all to see them in provocative clothes, making other males feel desire form them, and people stop at the street to admire: I was always confident, I knew they loved me and wanted me, and I knew that, after all that wave of musk from other guys, I was the one who was going to fuck my girl and fill her pussy with my semen.

What bothered me was thinking that, even before me, they already had desire and sexual experience, and that they have slept with other guys. That was infuriating.

And yet, how could I judge them? I have slept with several other girls before them (including a great deal of prostitutes), so how could I say that it was OK for me to have a past, but not for them?
>>
>>8195760
>including a great deal of prostitutes
Kill yourself.
>>
>>8195758
My mother and father have slept in separate beds all my life. By the time I was born, their love had withered away to a sort of friendship, and since then she's never shown an interest in him or anyone else. I remember her scoffing at the suggestion that she should kiss him for a photograph.

If I found out more about sex life, it would probably bother me a lot. I might stop talking to her as much if she found a boyfriend, for example. But right now it is easy to delude myself and forget she had sex to conceive me.
>>
>>8195768

Here where I live things are different. The girls work on large show-houses with music and dance, and when you step in you can talk with them, and cuddle them and ask about their lives and etc, all for free. You can even touch their thighs and buts, and even breast: girls are all very nice and don’t mind all this contact (so long as you are young and gentle, like I am).

Is not like in the U.S., where you can’t even touch them and all the contact is kind of awkward and mechanic. Well, after I talk to the girls and decide the one I want, we go to a private room, and do all sorts of nice things. If you have a nice body and youth you can see that they are really enjoying to have sex with you. A lot of times I even could get their phone numbers to go out with them other times for free. Most men are generally so rough and uneducated that, when a young and gentle fellow comes there, he really stands out.
>>
>>8195789
>wilfully misunderstanding how wage labour works
>>
OP, sex is good, is pleasurable, and, when made with someone you love, is the ultimate kind of affection and caress. Take your time, don’t try to speed things up, but at least try to talk to girls, to know new people, to make new friends.

When you find the right girl, don’t be ashamed to have sex with her, and learn to don’t view sexual life as something wrong or disgusting. There is no authority here on Earth or on other worlds who have the ultimate world and wisdom about truth. Forget historical speeches on how to live and religious orders: who are these people to have authority upon your own biology? Learn to hear the voice of your body, the whisper of your blood.

If you really find a girl that you love, that you want to protect, to be with, to die for, then sex will be just one of the best and most pleasurable ways of showing how much you love her.

Also:

>>8195787

Don’t let your parents somewhat distant and cold relationship be the gold standard of how things should be. There is nothing wrong with affection, with physical contact, with displays of love and trust between two people.
>>
>>8195883
I appreciate the patient and hopeful words.

However, I don't feel like the disgust I experience is something I can control. Nor do I really want to control it, as the object of my disgust is disgusting. I really am fine being alone.

I'm an atheist btw.
>>
>>8195760
people (women and men) are different and therefore to judge them based on different criteria is sensible.

for a man to have sex he must climb the mountain, it is an act of effort and skill that other men rightly admire.
For a woman to have sex she need only relax her guard, open her legs, and let the man work. There is no skill. There is no effort. There is nothing to admire. A woman who fucks a lot is like a sticky-fingered child gorging on sugar sweets.
>>
>>8195734
>there is literally nothing wrong with being a pussy ass bitch
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.