[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I want to seriously get into philosophy. I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: elultimogaitero2.jpg (109 KB, 250x383) Image search: [Google]
elultimogaitero2.jpg
109 KB, 250x383
Hey /lit/, I want to seriously get into philosophy. I'd attend to college, but I'm already studing a History degree and there isn't such thing as minors in my countrie's university system. How should I focus on my readings? I'm considering reading the big ones in chronological order, making no distinction between areas of study but only between authors and eras.
>>
>>8190700
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>8190708
I'm on it tho
>>
>>8190708
It's a tedious meme but he's right.

Actually I'd read up on the history of philosophy, the big names and themes up to the present day (e.g. Plato to Popper). Then start with Plato.

This series is veeeeery comfy, and you can pretend you're a student at Oxford while watching his lectures. All free with videos and lecture notes/slides. Takes you through history, and then David Hume (the lecturer is a Hume scholar) and up to the 20th century.

After that you should have enough background to decide where you want to go.
>>
>>8190736
Forgot link

http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/series/general-philosophy
>>
>>8190736

>Plato

Nietzsche was right in saying he's a bore. Good god, the Last Day of Socrates felt like it would never end. Don't even get me started on Republic.
>>
>>8190748
Thx mate. I'll give dem podcasts a try.
>>
>>8190736
>>8190748
Not OP, thanks for the link.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.