[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do you get your ebooks for free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mobilism.jpg (10 KB, 357x163) Image search: [Google]
mobilism.jpg
10 KB, 357x163
> #bookz on irc
> no bots reply to you
> hundreds of people filing past looking for the Hunger Games novels
> give up
> avaxhome 404s
> find Mobilism
> half the links bring up virus alerts with Avast
> the other half deliver broken .zip archives

i thought nobody gave a shit about book piracy.
>>
>>8164173
I get most of my books from gen.lib.rus. ec
>>
Have you considered using an adblocker?
Many of the oneclick hosters on mobilism are still shit with an adblocker, except maybe zippyshare which doesn't hide the download button in a million other download buttons.

I miss megaupload.

(kat.cr sometimes works well for me too - gen.lib.whatever recently has several broken mirrors for each book, only [1] works but is slow)
>>
>>8164214
i use ublock origin, but i'm not worried about the buttons not working; i'm worried about the fuckers sneaking malware through just because i clicked on a shitty link.

>>8164204
>I get most of my books from gen.lib.rus. ec

> searches for bruce sterling
> twenty thousand results from guys named bruce or sterling
> searches for "bruce sterling"
> two dozen results, most in italian
> searches for "bruce sterling" english
> search engine shits itself

i guess you get what you pay for, except last time i tried to buy ebooks online i got "we don't sell ebooks outside the US" from six different places, including amazon
>>
>>8164218
>searches by the authors name and then complains about abundance of results
>doesnt bother typing the title of the fucking book in
>doesnt know to sort by year/format
>ublock origin

yer a retard arry
>>
>>8164218
You have to use your country's amazon site, even if the book you want is not national.
Sure, you'll have to sell one kidney to pay for them, but there's a good chance it will have the imported books you want.

Also, I just searched for "bruce sterling" and had no problem finding the English ones. Maybe you have to better acquaintance yourself with LibGen.
>>
>>8164173
Soulseek, btdigg.ws
>>
>>8164173
You fucking retard, does nobody read the sticky here?
>>
>search it on bookz
>search it on lib gen
>no results
>buy it on amazon
It's that easy
>>
>>8164273
you forgot

>check the local library
>buy on alibris for 99 cents + shipping

Amazon is absolutely last stop or if i am buying a gift.

>>8164269
bookzz sucks lately, they lost massive amounts of content

also

https://thepiratebay.org/user/workerbee/13/3
>>
>torrents
every single time I've downloaded a torrent some form of malware is present
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.