[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here read Knausgaard and felt like their life sucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Diana.jpg (240 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Diana.jpg
240 KB, 960x1280
Has anybody here read Knausgaard and felt like their life sucked in comparison?

I keep thinking how my own biography would look and it would be so fucking boring in comparison.
>>
I cry to this everynight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P22gcb4YHso
>>
>>8161850
i bet you think in search of lost time is a biography too
>>
>>8161886
I'm actually reading it right now. I realize that the conversations between Knausgaard's parents when he was around 2 years old can't be accurately remembered in any way, but still the general narrative of his life:

>growing up in a cozy Norwegian town
>interesting family life
>meets girls and friends at school
>works at a radio station and mental home
>teaches for a year in Northern Norway when he is only 18
>goes to university in a comfy little town
>has an older brother who helps him make friends, find rooms to rent and generally saves him from being an edgy loner
>dates several cute girls
>goes to Iceland with one of them and meets Bjork
>barely ever has a job
>spends months at a time living in remote cabins writing
>is able to buy his first apartment without even having a proper job

It's so cozy and enviable, to me any way.
>>
File: 1-HHT9bqCqN00c_bQ2cSE4Jw.jpg (515 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1-HHT9bqCqN00c_bQ2cSE4Jw.jpg
515 KB, 2000x1333
Just went on my second date with a philosophy student (Masters on Habermas and Deluze or how you write it) and she tells me how her philosophy inclined father is confronting her almost every morning and getting her in a discussion (or fight). Meanwhile, my dad hit my mom and she left him with me before I have any relevant memories of him.
I'm catching up, getting my PhD and fucking aroind, so my bio would have some content and edgy shit, but I envy that girl
>>
File: 1428604933933.jpg (33 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1428604933933.jpg
33 KB, 436x436
>>8161852
Me too.

Tears of joy over not having to waste my time doing shit I don't want to with a gross roastie.
>>
>>8161850
His life is quite average actually, apart from the writing thing.
>>
>>8161925
I'm that girl.
>>
>>8161947
That only makes it more painful for me, although I disagree with your assertion. I mean he doesn't really ever have a full-time job, all the way up until he is 30 and gets his first novel published. He buys his first apartment aged like 26. He has many girlfriends, and so on. I'm actually quite glad Elliot Rodger wrote his manifesto and that it was entertaining.
>>
File: 1462776656333.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462776656333.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>8161949
That's nice. Any tips on how to pin her down for a longer time?
And how's finding a good lookibg intellectual bf going?
>>
>>8162025
>And how's finding a good lookibg intellectual bf going?
That doesn't sound good anon

>>8161957
Ime lots of people lie about everything and while Knausgaard seems nice he's got a whole lotta dat privlij.

I'd have a great story to tell but I wouldn't want to tell it tbph
>>
>>8161850
who is this semen demon?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.