[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is love a spook? Is it possible for a voluntary egoist to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
Is love a spook? Is it possible for a voluntary egoist to have genuine affection for another person?
>>
>>8152535
Shut up, you weren't here for the genesis of stirner memes and I'm tired of seeing crossies post his ugly fucking nerd face.
>>
>>8152535
deferring to the opinions of whoever happens to be browsing this board at the time you post your thread is a spook
>>
File: depp_ryder.jpg (346 KB, 1239x1920) Image search: [Google]
depp_ryder.jpg
346 KB, 1239x1920
>Is love a spook?
If, for example, you're obsessed with the idea of love and fuck up your live to see two people get together and life a movie happily ever after, then love became a spook for you.

>Is it possible for a voluntary egoist to have genuine affection for another person?
I'd say the question is to what extent the notion of voluntary egoist can be realized.
Assuming yes, why wouldn't it be possible? If you fall in love with someone, why would that interfere with being an egoist. You're even kind of implying fathers can't be egoists.
We are also just talking about feelings that pass, sooner or later.
>>
Nothing's a spook if you're its originator, and anything can be a spook if you aren't and you're confronted by its demands.
>>
File: 1462400329191.gif (386 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1462400329191.gif
386 KB, 400x300
>>8152535
Love can operate in two ways:

You can love someone by owning your love, "I give you 'my' love."
or
You can love someone because you 'must' or 'should' love them, "I love you 'because' you are my mother."

The distinction is that either you own love or love owns you. When you own it, it is in your power and you are being voluntarily egoistic. When it owns you, you are 'spooked,' the idea has taken possession of you; in that case you are secretly serving your own interests but do not acknowledge it, ie. involuntary egoism.

Love 'can' be a spook.

Or, that is my take on Stirner's view.
>>
Fuck stirner I fuck his mouth
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.