[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book Covers/"Book Based On Movie Of Book"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: doandroids[1].jpg (570 KB, 965x1600) Image search: [Google]
doandroids[1].jpg
570 KB, 965x1600
I ordered some books off this site ThriftBooks, they were super cheap and was actually a great deal. Couple dollars.They had options for, what seemed like, multiple prints available, so I handpicked the print that had the best cover art.

I've always been drawn to cover art, something about it can make or break the way I feel about starting a book, or carrying it around with me, just...something about it. I don't know. I like cover art. Ironically, I don't like dust jackets. I take them off and like the plainness left behind.

So I chose the best print I saw for a book I was really looking to read, pic related. There's a ton of other covers for this book, but this one stood out to me and really appealed to me, so I ordered it and got the "Blade Runner" book with the Blade Runner cover, which is really turning me off from the whole book now. In very small text you can see "do androids dream of electric sheep? now filmed as..." "BLADE RUNNER, A MAJOR FILM STARRING HARRISON FORD" with a bunch of actors pictures all over the cover.

Like, I know I'm being nitpicky, but god damn it really makes me not want to read the book just because of this god damn cover. Does anybody else actually care about the cover of the book they choose to read?
>>
File: 46945[1].jpg (26 KB, 305x475) Image search: [Google]
46945[1].jpg
26 KB, 305x475
Here's another example. I love Requiem for a Dream, the movie, and would love to start reading the book. I just looked it up on eBay, and all I see are film adaptation covers, like pic related.
>>
I'd never buy one of those obviously, and knowing that they even exist makes me sigh and all, sure
but is it really worth making a thread about
>>
File: Untitled.png (367 KB, 1033x521) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
367 KB, 1033x521
>>7375616
(Sorry for all the posting, I'm just trying to post multiple images to give a good description)

Honestly, I like the movie so much that the cover is a pretty minor thing for me. I'll still probably pick it up. But I really wanted a previous print, like pic related, just so it feels more...original.

But, of course, it's $250.

What the fuck, man. I'm hoping there are other prints for this book that aren't super rare, I'll look into it later, but this is mainly just a rant so I can see who actually feels the same way about all of this.
>>
>>7375618
I don't know, honestly. I don't visit /lit/ that often. I've only recently started to get into literature itself in the past months. I lurk here sometimes but I didn't think my thread was too inconveniencing for the others on the board. If this is just a stupid post in general, I'll just delete it.
>>
>>7375626
No I mean you're typing a lot of words and all people can tell you is "yeah it sucks"
or if you're lucky one might call you an autist
that's about it
>>
you like the idea of reading, not reading itself
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Mine is better
>>
>>7375687
>literally sheep roped to batteries
BRAVO
>>
>>7375626
eh honestly if you had been a cunt about it and been "who /shittiercovers/ here" we would have yelled at you to go fuck yourself but yeah this is merely sad for these reasons>>7375637
next time choose an interesting prose style so at least we can go off on that
>>
>>7375667
stupid. STU. PID.
>>
>>7375613
someone post the german one
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.