[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1447872350785.jpg (297 KB, 1354x960) Image search: [Google]
1447872350785.jpg
297 KB, 1354x960
ITT: We post and depict paintings.

>The Fountain of Love, by François Boucher.

Boucher was a master painter, and his most revered scenes are those of the quaint countryside, depicting idyllic pastoral scenes and classical themes. His depictions in the pastoral genre excluded the harsh realities of live, and brought the beauty of the countryside into the homes of aristocratic society. The Fountain of Love is such an image. It was first designed as an image for a tapestry in 1748, and was one in a set of six images depicting Noble Pastorales. Originally, tapestries were woven directly over the paintings, and later, they were cut up into sections to be sold separately. Fortunately this one was spared such a fate, and it is now in the collection of The Getty Center of Los Angeles.
>>
File: tumblr_ny1bqrqawX1r1io1co1_1280.jpg (484 KB, 1280x922) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1bqrqawX1r1io1co1_1280.jpg
484 KB, 1280x922
The Original Turducken

Look closely at this roasting ox and you’ll notice small animal heads protruding from its sides. Explanation is in order.

The year is 1530. Coronation ceremonies are being held for the Holy Roman Emperor in Bologna, Italy. A daylong procession in the streets culminates in a feast sponsored by the city senate. Red and white wine flows from the mouths of gilt lions mounted on columns adorned with the Roman imperial double-headed eagle and the emperor’s motto, “plus ultra” (further beyond), referring to his power and the extent of his realm.

While the imperial party dines indoors, baskets of bread are thrown to the common people eating and drinking in the streets.

Fine, but what about that creepy roast? An enormous roasted ox was stuffed with fowl, suckling pigs, lambs, and hares, shown here. Call it the original oxducken…but it’s the same weird idea.
>>
File: 1447288590385.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447288590385.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x1136
>>7369166
>mfw about to go sit in front of a few Boucher works at a museum nearby and read

Prettiest colors I've ever seen painted.
>>
>>7369341
Which museum ?
>>
File: SMT2Poster.jpg (1 MB, 2405x3600) Image search: [Google]
SMT2Poster.jpg
1 MB, 2405x3600
:^)
>>
>>7369545
National gallery of art in washington DC

I usually post up on the couch in a corner room somewhere and read for a few hours every day
>>
>>7369166
>>>/a/rt
>>>/his/art
>>>/his/museum
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7369639
Fuck off fag
>>
Boucher paints such cute girls doesn't he? If I were alive in his time, I'm sure I'd find a waifu amongst them
>>
>>7369919
What does your drawings have to do with literature?

Get your ass in your containment board cunt, let all the art majors drill your fucboi ass.
>>
>>7369929
The girl whose painting I posted seems to get prettier every time I see her.

>>7369971
>failing to see literature as an all-encompassing lifestyle of culture
Get out of my board you godforsaken philistine scum.
>>
>>7370090
>your board
LeL
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1239x1749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1239x1749
>>7369929
Also William Bouguereau.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/his/270331
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.