[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which one should i read first, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (334 KB, 674x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
334 KB, 674x500
which one should i read first, and why?
>>
>>8110227
yes
>>
nietzsche is trash, ramblings of a schizophrenic
>>
File: Marx was a spook.jpg (185 KB, 555x400) Image search: [Google]
Marx was a spook.jpg
185 KB, 555x400
>>8110227

I'm just finishing Beyond Good and Evil.

It's terrible. Nietzsche's writing style is quirky as fuck; you can just imagine him fidgeting, blurting out, pre-emptively bouncing off the walls of the Basel Mental Asylum where he would later stay until his death. That said, it might be the translator's fault.

He had a couple of good ideas, nothing mind-blowing though. The actual ideas he's championed for (Übermensch, morality that is 'beyond Good and Evil', etc) are terrible.

I could imagine a good debate about just 'who' his prophesied 'New Philosophers' are (hopefully not those Post-Modernist/Structuralist hacks), or if they've even appeared yet, but that's about it.

Schopenhauer was better. Hoping to de-spook myself with Max.
>>
File: Beyond-good-and-evil-2[1].jpg (61 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Beyond-good-and-evil-2[1].jpg
61 KB, 700x350
>>8110246
>I'm just finishing Beyond Good and Evil.
>It's terrible
that's a great game you fucking pleb
>>
>>8110255
>>
>>8110246

He somehow managed to break the 4th wall with his questions, which is funny as that's what he's doing by definition.
>>
Nietzsche had one good idea: predicted nihilism to the masses
>>
>>8110307

We solved it with materialism/consumerism, so it's no biggy!
>>
>>8110321
Nha, that's exactly the "last men's nihilism": only caring for comfort and happiness
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.