[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Satanic Bible worth a quick read? No edgy or anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: cat_1.jpg (76 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
cat_1.jpg
76 KB, 268x265
Is the Satanic Bible worth a quick read?

No edgy or anything I heard it had decent philosophies on living
>>
>>8083896
sure why not, if it satisfies your curiosity
it's basically shit though
>>
>>8083896
I read in in high school while I was going through a rebellious phase. It has ups and downs.

Pros:
Basically just says to live your life to be happy. Even if you have the weirdest fetishes or are a complete misanthrope you can find people you belong with as long as you are not harming anyone.

Also talks a lot about how to deal with negative influences and the best ways to cut them and the unhappiness out of your life.

Cons:
A lot of the time it reads like red pill.

Denies religion and spirituality but then talks about magic (they use "magic" as a mindset, not something supernatural)

Rituals...... stupid

IDK, I would say it's worth a read, but take it with a grain of salt.
>>
It's just another step in the "egotist" type philosophy.

Stirner ---> Nietzsche ---> Rand ---> Satanic Bible

Stirner did it best and Nietzsche was pretty good but it's been going downhill ever since.

So no, it's not worth it; Stirner and Nietzsche or even Rand are much better options if you are looking for that kind of philosophy.
>>
>>8083951
>Stirner

>unironically reading le meme philosopher
>>
>>8083896
It's a marketing scheme. The fucking book literally tell you that to be a Levayan Satanist you have to pay for membership to one of the "churches" and you're "better off not asking what they do with the money"
>>
>>8083951
This desu. Just read Stirner.
>>
File: might.jpg (34 KB, 209x277) Image search: [Google]
might.jpg
34 KB, 209x277
>>8084202
Also if you want an edgy laugh read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard:

>I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine
>Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince
>of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
>No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me — no cult or dogma shall encramp my pen.
>I break away from all conventions. Alone, untrammeled. I raise up in stern invasion the
>standard of Strong.
>I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard — I uplift
>a broad-axe and split open his worm-eaten skull.

>I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophic whited
>sepulchres and laugh with sardonic wrath.

>Then reaching up the festering and varnished facades of
>your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing
>scorn: — "Lo and behold, all this is fraud!"
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.