[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets get to know each other, /lit/. Where do you work?, Goals?,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1456598656821.jpg (1004 KB, 3741x2490) Image search: [Google]
1456598656821.jpg
1004 KB, 3741x2490
Lets get to know each other, /lit/. Where do you work?, Goals?, Current state?
>>
>Where do you work?
I'm NEET.

>Goals?
I don't establish long-term goals. Finish my way through Italian, I've already got reading proficiency on French, German and English. Read the 15th book of the month. Fuck an ex-classmate at a party tomorrow. Write an exegesis of the philosophy books I've read this month. Cancel Netflix and a magazine subscription.

>Current state?
NEET but comfy, next year I get my life back on the practical track. It has been an enjoyable year.
>>
>>8077647
None of your business, cunt.

None of your business, cunt.

Solid. ;) cunt
>>
>>8077647
>NEET
>increase daily reading hours from 8 to 14 hrs a day
>not bad desu
>>
Law student in Brazil.

Finish my way through Italian. I've already got reading proficiency in Portuguese, Spanish, and English. Do school work, go to the dentist, and read a very boring 50-pages Law book.

My main goal this year is to show my first poems to some well-known Brazilian poet. I've already shown two translations of mine to a very intelligent man and he enjoyed them. I will be entering my first year of writing in October. I also consider translating a long poem, possibly one of those written by Keats, but I'm sure on whether I'll have the willpower to do it.

My current state is that of superficial but very painful and mildly annoying suffering. I have no interest in uni, no friends in this city, and no girlfriend. Plus, I have to live in a very bad location - it's a rich neighborhood, but it's very ugly and hot.
>>
I'm a tradesman. I don't earn a wage but if I were to estimate what it would be it would be about $60 USD an hour. I usually only work one or two days a week and still earn twice what someone working at MacDonald's would for a whole week. Sometimes I work 4-5 days a week for a month or two, but that's just so I can save up enough money to take a few months off work and travel. The work itself is pretty enjoyable. I spend the whole time listening to lectures/podcasts/audiobooks. Even at my lazy way of working I'll still be freehold before I'm 40. When I get to 40 I'll only need to work a couple of weeks a year.
>>
Milton's Cookies
Become an ubermensch
Powerful
>>
>>8079242

What's your trade?
>>
>architecture student
>goal is to write something memorable before killing myself
>NE
>>
>Where do you work?

Wall Street

>Goals?
PhD -> academia in literature, or get super rich/rich enough on Wall Street and dick around all day. Maybe both. Who knows.

>Current state?

8/10
>>
>>8079263
Carpet/Vinyl layer. But being honest it doesn't matter so much what the trade is, so long as it earns. I am on site with this one guy who earns roughly $60 and hour just because he's the crane operator. He only uses the crane a couple of times a week but because he has that license it pretty much doubled his wages.

I don't know why people shit on trades so much. I'm earning as much as a doctor does, but I only spent 3 years as an apprentice-that's three years where I'm still earning money-as opposed to the eight or so years as a student that puts you hugely in debt.
>>
summer vacation from college
not sure if i'm gonna drop out
p high
>>
File: gilgamesh on the streets.png (9 KB, 415x297) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh on the streets.png
9 KB, 415x297
>>8079295
>>
File: Sharaku_1.jpg (381 KB, 1019x1500) Image search: [Google]
Sharaku_1.jpg
381 KB, 1019x1500
>>8077647
Work from home for a testing company.

/lit/-related goals are to finish a PhD and probably teach, finish some translations and have them published, get an academic book or two published, try to keep a 2:1 conference:publication ratio, have my parents care about what I do, have a full-room library and collection of art/items.

I'm currently very happy with life, though some of the above are going to be necessarily postponed a couple of years.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.