[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know any good books on scansion? Preferably something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1446062873235.jpg (54 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1446062873235.jpg
54 KB, 400x600
Does anyone know any good books on scansion? Preferably something that uses examples on famous poetry so it's not just a textbook
>>
>>8077608
4chanlit.wikia.com/poetry
>>
The way I know that I'm innately beta, and my phenotype is probably the sad result of some epigenetically activated, normally dormant cluster of genes that makes me a huge fucking pussy so I'll be useful to the tribe and die without having any children, is that every time I see a pretty girl my libido only suggests I do submissive shit.

That picture just makes me want to do things for her and give her things. And that's only the civilized upper layer. Beneath that is all the fetishistic weird shit like "I WANT TO BE HER PANTIES T BH."

That's all that exists in my brain, sexually. I was destined to be a gay bitch. My formal cause is meat, and my final cause is Serve The Hive.
>>
>>8077633

lel, this alpha mentality has just severed so many males's perceptions of masculinity, and more importantly, of femininity.

yes, obviously you want to give her, not just shit, but your fucking shit. your baby shit. you want to do things for her because you know what she wants? she wants you to want her, and you know what youre gonna do if u want her to have your baby? youre gonna give her what she wants.

yep. welcome to the power struggle. shes got the fuckin womb. aint got shit to do with sex, or her vagina, and nothing to do with your cock. it has everything to do with her oven. all the other shit youre putting such importance on, all that "i wanna fuck her, do shit for her, give her shit" etc, thats you already accepting her view of the fucking struggle. that shes the one in control here, shes the one you gotta come to if you wanna have a kid, because guess what. everone wants to bake some cookies and shes got what they need; the fucking oven. you can get eggs, flour, milk, etc, fucking anywhere. but a good oven is hard to find motherfucker.

its so much more than genetic. its in every interaction youve ever had with a woman. the psychological shit theyre doing with everyone, MOSTLY OTHER WOMEN, is fucking bats man. and its to fucking convince you that shes got what you need. but negative girl, that aint the fuckin way man operates. thats the way theyve fucking domesticated "men" into operating. women operate behind the scenes, its in large society theyve always had trouble, because theyre such fucking cunts.

but youve gotta transcend this shit. youve gotta man the fuck up, and you know how you do that? you show her youve got more than just cookie dough. youre not gonna not give her what she wants. youre gonna give her what nobody else has ever given her: coffee, conversation, and cookies in the morning. ie, deep sensual yogic love making. the kind of sex that shouldnt even be called sex because 3 letters aint enough to talk about fucking like this. the "this is way beyond both of us (and the kid) and scares the shit out of our idea of this whole mortality/immortality dichotomy and just fucks us all up on the inside like". youre a fuckin man, and your cock can do a bit more than make her forget her problems and shoot warm shit up in that vaginal cavity. and you can be a bit more than a fucking status object she has to fuck with other women. step up kiddo.
>>
>>8077633
I want to poke her belly skin that is showing with my wiener and rub on it.
>>
>>8077739
shutup virgin
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1024x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1024x666
>>
>>8077755
They think they're in on the "writing bad ironically" joke but a big part of them actually thinks this is good stuff.
>>
>>8077608
Assuming you're talking about English poetry? I love Fussell's Poetic Meter and Poetic Form. Might not be what you're looking for, though. Not incredibly thorough nor technical but a great intro. Quotes a lot, from Eliot to Donne.
>>
>>8077608
such a terrible body
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.