[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with regards to the "people who make us look bad"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
So with regards to the "people who make us look bad"

Do you think that creepy crossdressers and cancerous "demigender" girls on tumblr could actually do irreparable damage to trans rights? Or will it peter out?

I think I remember reading that during the LGBT revolution in the 60's we toyed with the idea of legalizing pedophilia, and that started NAMBLA and basically set the LGB back 20 years. Do you think the same thing could happen with trans rights?

I mean if that's the case then this seems like an impending disaster that we're just sleeping on.
>>
>>6204417
Thankfully it looks like that spat with the laws has drawn attention away from them and probably will drive these people away
>>
Distancing ourselves from the freaks and trying to seem as "normal" as possible might work in the short term, but ultimately it will just put us in a box that we can never get out of. We should fight for our right to be just as weird as cis people. If a trans woman wants to get into dd/lg, why can't she?

Furthermore I think it's important to note that Us normal trans people have almost everything we want. Gender dysphoria is recognized as a legit medical condition and it's covered by most insurance companies. For most normal trans people that's the most important thing, and the damage done by crossdressing weirdos might make it harder to access them, but they won't take that away from us.

If anything, we should be worried about the coming wave of young transitioners who regret their decision because, you know, they're fucking kids and it's not exactly easy to tell when a kid is being serious about something or not.
>>
I think they already have done irreparable damage
>>
>>6204474
> Young transition regret
You'll be pleased to know that the studies which report desistance invariably conflate all gender non-conforming children, and treat all that do not transition or leave as having desisted. When studies have grouped participants more responsibly, regret results have been the same as reported in adults and adolescents - and for exactly the same reasons (mostly: "people treat me like shit").
>>
This problem will never go away.

Scratch the surface of trans activism and you will find fetishists.

Just look at how easy it is for a terf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkK7zisjoDk
>>
>>6204417
It's already happened.
wherever there is discussion on trans topics you find people spreading nonsense like "gender is a social construct" and non-conforming genders which only hurt real trans people.
When it comes to hons and fetishists, well the damage they've done speaks for itself.
>>
>>6204754
The sad thing is most of the points she makes i think a lot of people here qould agree with. The toxicity in terfs seems to come from the feeling that these crossdressers represent all transpeople, and of course they treat womanhood as a costume you can take off. Id be angry too.

I feel like if terfs just met someone like me or you, theyd warm up to trans women more
>>
>>6204754
she doesn't pass...
>>
>>6205074
>I feel like if terfs just met someone like me or you, theyd warm up to trans women more
You underestimate the comfort of strongly held beliefs based on an easy-to-follow narrative. Why make exceptions and find nuance when it's so much more simple to hate all of us?
>>
>>6205663
I don't know, but maybe solidarity could be found in our equal hatred of weirdos throwing on dresses and saying that they're women.
It wouldn't be making an exception or finding a nuance, it would be realizing that actual trans people are in the minority and our movement toward acceptance is being appropriated by a bunch of literal freaks.
>>
>>6204417
I'm more worried about what will happen if the media finds out about 4chan huns. It would be much harder to explain why someone that looks, acts, talks, and lives like a man is actually someone five years into their transition to woman. Hopefully you all stay in your basements and don't embarrass any of us.
>>
>>6204474
>If a trans woman wants to get into dd/lg, why can't she?
A trans woman into DDLG can do what she wants, like a cis person can, in private and with her partners alone and not projecting her fetish onto unwilling participants.
Cis or trans, I don't care if someone gets their jollies off on what the fuck ever but they shouldn't be talking about their fetishes in public.
Trans people especially should know they shouldn't be talking about their fetishes because they might be seen as a representative of trans people as a whole to people who've never encounter a trans person to begin until that person.
>>
>>6205074
>>6205832

>Implying crossdressers aren't repressed transwomen.
>Implying womanhood is not a costume. What is genderfluid? What is bigender?
>>
>>6204830
What's the harm in saying gender is a social construct?
Saying something is a social construct doesn't mean you are saying it is fake or not important. Money and the internet are social constructs, language is also a social construct.
Note that I am not saying these people are right, just that I don't see the harm it does to "real" trans people.
>>
>>6205916
It creates a divide between the effect and the root cause. Development of gender is a form of sexually dimorphic growth that can't be reversed. It just takes place inside your head so you don't see it like you can see a baby's penis or vagina when they're born.
>>
>>6205202
Hahaha what is it with TERFs looking more like hons than most actual trans people?
>>
>>6205202
in here she'd pass, easilly, for a 40 years old teacher
>>
>>6204754
Her second video she went on to advocate coercive sex and other rape tactics in the lesbian community.
>>
>>6204417
no the people in the trans community that are cunts and bash other trans are what makes the trans community look bad
>>
>>6204417
What's wrong with nambla?
>>
>>6211231
Marlin brando is fucking lame
>>
>>6204417
lgb shoudve stayed lgb
the trans community brought too much pain especially in the last few years where mtfs are now a trend
>>
>>6211264
Oh play nice fag
>>
>>6205872
Dd lg is creepy when it involves actual real life kids. Like stephie in the OP pic, she plays with and fetishises her adopted parents grandaughter who is a real 8 year old girl
>>
>>6211267
okay
>>
>>6204417

"You make us look bad!" ...is something only people who already look bad say. Let's be honest this transagist is just as bad as any other LGBTPQ person.
>>
>>6211287
Not every trans person is as bad as 4chan or tumblr
>>
>>6204754
I have to say that the woman making the video is pretty cute and has a lot of good points
t. Transwoman
>>
>>6211329
She doesn't have any good points or any facts. She's making an appeal to comedy at the expense of trans people. In her next video she advocates for abusive behavior and coercive rape culture that is already rampant in the lesbian community. She's on fucking crack.
>>
>>6211329
It's a fetishist sissy. Her pinterest is filled with creepy boys being forced to dress up by girls shit
>>
crossdressers have been around for a long long time... probably since like 3 days after people decided men and women should wear different clothes. gay and trans people have been lumped in with crossdressers since the day after that

I don't think noobgenders are a new thing, but people used to keep it to themselves or become monks/nuns/artists/whatevers to bury it instead of crowing about their sexual identity on the public internet like retards. nothing is new, it doesn't matter, no need to shit yourself about it

the only person on earth whose actions you can control is you. if you don't want to be associated with shitty, nasty, or demanding people, or predators or whatever, don't be one and don't support them and you've done your part

also this is a bait thread.
>>
>>6211381
I mean like, she gets dangerously close to having a rational thought about a minute in when she starts talking about how instead of "widening the bandwidth" (ugh) of being a woman, she thinks Alex whatsisface should do exactly that to men
Now, I'm not going to pretend to have any respect for Alex but our dyke narrator brings up the core TERF belief of "you cannot identify as a woman because muh feels"
She demonstrates an inability to conceptualize gender dysphoria and instead begins making intentionally ridiculous if-then statements based on the stupid things Alex says
Also, no one respects gender studies courses
>>
>>6204417
>Do you think that creepy crossdressers and cancerous "demigender" girls on tumblr could actually do irreparable damage to trans rights? Or will it peter out?
I cannot distinguish those people from people on 4chan. I've actually seen traps/transfags here that look less womanly than the guy in your pic, albeit younger.
>>
File: C4IaUFC.jpg (603 KB, 1370x826) Image search: [Google]
C4IaUFC.jpg
603 KB, 1370x826
>>6212143
>I've actually seen traps/transfags here that look less womanly than the guy in your pic, albeit younger.
>>
>>6212143
Fair enough, but I'm not concerned if they don't pass, more if they're normal, non-batshit members of society or not.
>>
File: 21SIPIN1.jpg (126 KB, 768x513) Image search: [Google]
21SIPIN1.jpg
126 KB, 768x513
>Not everyone in the gay community considered the revolt a positive development. To many older homosexuals and many members of the Mattachine Society who had worked throughout the 1960s to promote homosexuals as no different from heterosexuals, the display of violence and effeminate behavior was embarrassing. Randy Wicker, who had marched in the first gay picket lines before the White House in 1965, said the "screaming queens forming chorus lines and kicking went against everything that I wanted people to think about homosexuals... that we were a bunch of drag queens in the Village acting disorderly and tacky and cheap.
>>
toocutes insult real trans folk who experience real dysphoria, by some misguided attempt to feel special. trans people dont want be trans, its not fun for us to suffer. you lose so much being trans. and yet here they are, wanting to participate, thinking being trans is a great and fun activity. they dont support real trans people they just end up attacking us, because we wont buy into their fantasyland shit.

if youre born a hen, and you look like a hen, and act like a hen, and are comfortable being a hen, then youre not a rooster.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.