[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here realize how significant the duality and non-duality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: gnosticism.jpg (271 KB, 1000x855) Image search: [Google]
gnosticism.jpg
271 KB, 1000x855
Does anyone here realize how significant the duality and non-duality of gender identity truly is? In many ways it represents the tripolar nature of our universe. By this i mean in the sense that every single word has an opposite meaning, without this contrast the word would mean absolutely nothing. The universe is non-dualistic in the sense that when you combine these two alternate principles together they will create a third option which will be a combination somewhere in the middle of the two core principles. This third option opens up the way for infinite variety, hence why there are so many genders. Monism is an illusion. God and Satan are the two principles we are the third gender, the children of Gods.
>>
>>6186992
Dualism is an illusion, monism is an illusion if we imagine a one thing that is.
In reality, everything exist only on the basis of the perceiver and the perceived. IWthout the perceiver, there is nothing to be perceived, and without the perceived there is no perceiver.
Ergo at the core we have nonexistance which covers everything and is everything - which makes it in a way monistic.

that would be the buddhist point of view. However the hindus view this in the other way, where everything exists on the basis of duality, and if the perceiver and the perceived merge they then are nothing. sort of like -1 +1 = 0. The two opposites arent co-arrising, but they exist on their own.
This is seen in shiva (-1, the static element) and shakti (1, the active element) which also represent the masculine and feminine. We, as trannies, may fall under the connection of both. the active and passive. but this is not true unfortunetly as we are simply a jiva in the wrong body acording to hindus, a sort of penance for something we have done in the past.
>>
>>6187011
>a sort of penance for something we have done in the past
like what?
>>
>>6187018
honestly, i dont know. but since the hindus believe in both karma and a soul, it must be some sort of penance or debt we have.
Or, if we truly are the masculine and feminine together we could devote ourselves to Ardhanarishvara , the avatar of Shiva who is both feminine and masculine at the same time.
>>
>>6187011
I strongly recommend you look into Gnostic Christianity.
>>
>>6187036
im a practicing buddhist, thats the only logical truth.
>>
>>6187043
By saying it is the truth you are admitting that there is falsehood. If everything is one why is everything so dualistic?
>>
>>6187067
>
language senpai, i cant speak in a nondual way, nor can i even think like it, because even thinking creates a duality. the nonduality is the absence of.

Dualism exist as i said, on the basis of reality - perceiver. Without a reality, the perceiverdoesnt exist, and without the perceiver, reality doesnt exist. In their essence they are nothing but illusions, in truth there is only nothing.
>>
>>6187043
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%E1%B9%83s%C4%81ra_%28Buddhism%29
>>
whoah, man, like, deep bro. wow. dude
>>
>>6186992
You haven't described a trinary system, only a consequence of a binary system not being absolute
>>
>>6187011
>-1 +1 = 0
This is all too basic. To really understand, focus on how 1+1=2=0

>>6187036
Or any gnosticism, really - why limit oneself?
>>
>>6186992
male and female are not opposites.
>>
>>6186992
>>6187011
>>6187026
You're just stitching completely unrelated things together and putting extra emphasis on it because you're stupid. Of course it seems mysterious to you.
>>
>>6197343
This whole thread is shit, but how not?

Male - Symbolized by the sun. Represents outward force of "pushing" his influence onto other and the world around him. Same with sex. Puts his penis inside others.

Female - Symbolized by the moon. Represented by an inward force, taking things into herself. All the light given by the moon is just a reflection of the suns rays. The moon absorbs the light of the sun. Females gets the penis put inside them. Receiving.

Sun/Male - Big, expanding, ect.
Moon/Female - Smaller, contracting/pulls (tides)
>>
>>6197652
Stop trying to symbolize shit this isn't the stone age.
>>
>>6186992
No it's not. Don't be such a glipglop.
>>
>>6197652
male is simbolized by that which is not, as that which is not is by definition full of itself (if theres nothing, there is only emptiness) thus a male has a penis and not a vagina, which is a hole (ergo it is not 'full' and 'complete')
A female is that which is, ergo she has a vagoo, and needs something to fill her to be complete.
the males are stoic, wont act without women. Women act in the world and run the world, as they have to chase the male to fill them and be complete.
/hindusism
>>
>>6186992
/lgbt/'s schizo side is showing
>>
>>6198159
well no, unless everyone who believes in religions other than christianity is schizo. Hindus, buddhists and other mystic based religions actually go on in great lengths about all this
>>
>>6197343
I agree, It'd be more accurate to say that male and female are 2 sides of the same coin rather than opposite forces.

In reality there is no duality between the genders, other than what Humans have invented/perpetuated themselves
>>
>>6198175
>T. Idiot
>>
>>6198200
Male and female humans are more alike than different.
>>
>>6186992
There is a philosophy of languages...maybe reference that before talking about the nature of words. Some languages developed differently from others.
>>
>>6198161
Yet they don't do it in a "wooooo so spoopy" way
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.