[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's actually the point in people 'coming out'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1365872355436.jpg (8 KB, 170x186) Image search: [Google]
1365872355436.jpg
8 KB, 170x186
what's actually the point in people 'coming out'?
why would someone see their sexuality as important information to other people?
why is it any different to someone sitting their parents down and saying
>guys erm i think you need to know, i don't like burgers; i'm more into pizza

surely the only important information would be whether or not said person is going to have a child or not and even that's arguable

i just can't seem to fathom why people care about letting other people know their preferences/why some people care about others' preferences
>>
>>6120899
Being real about who you are seems to be an effective way to live authentically as your true self. A person who is closeted may very well be pressured into relationships or other scenarios by others that will not work due to the person's sexuality
>>
people come out because they think it's a necessary step in self acceptance but it's really just creating this false sense of self through needless attention

You look at people who have come out to abusive parents, and see that them coming out was a way to rebel against them, not as a way to accept themselves. You look at people who have come out to chill parents, and you see they actually get mad that the parents didn't flip the fuck out and make a big deal about it. Surely, if this was REALLY about self acceptance, these wouldn't be the reactions?

People should instead focus more on being financially secure instead of this retarded 'coming out' shit. All it does is create needless stress on an already hormone-fucked teen's life.
>>
Its not anyone's business what you do in the bedroom, but I understand not wanting to be super secretive about your sexual interest if its gonna be a big part of your life. Who wants to hide their bf/gf?

I think you should just do you and let people find out on their own if its that serious to you, not make a youtube video about liking dick, or rainbowing your facebook profile pic or whatever, that shit is cringey.
>>
I told my mother I was gay so that she would stop pressuring me to get a girlfriend, present in a masculine way, and have kids.

Besides that, I've never really "come out" as much as I've just been open about my sexuality. I don't hide the fact that I'm into guys, and if anyone were to ask me if I was gay, I'd say "yes" unless it'd obviously put me in some kind of danger.
>>
>>6120962
I came out as a tranny and my mom was chill about it. Can confirm my reaction was getting mad that she helped me transition and took me to doctors and bought me meds instead of flipping out and making a big deal about it, that's exactly what people who come out want.

You're a retard.
>>
>>6120962
>being financially secure matters more than anything else including happiness

INTPs are so fucking adorable lmfao
>>
>>6120899
I dunno man, I never saw the point, but I was pretty much forced out by getting a boyfriend. The people I knew never got told I was gay but eventually came to know I had a bf, which went over pretty well.
>>
>>6120985
I never answer this sort of question directly, mostly because it follows too much of a narrative and often on confuses the issue. I'd probably point to my boyfriend and it'd at least be obvious that I like boys. There is no reason to go into being a pan-romantic demi-sexual or anything silly like that.
>>
File: 1448272035300.png (44 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1448272035300.png
44 KB, 500x557
>>6121004

>I need to suck dick and play in men's buttholes to be happy

INFP I see.
>>
>>6120899
Obviously, trans people have to come out - it would be weird if they inexplicably became the opposite gender. Still, there are some vital benefits to the LGB being open, including:
>Attaining bf/gf in school/the workplace
>Hanging out with bf/gf along with your other friends
>Introducing bf/gf to parents and family
Assuming you somehow attain bf/gf without telling anyone, it would be awkward and weird if you then kissed them randomly or did miscellaneous romantic stuff in front of friends, or brought home an unexpected gender one night for your parents to meet.
Really, other than for the attainment of bf/gf, coming out is a seatbelt for others, so their little brains don't get crushed by the impact when they see you being gay.
>>
>>6121032
Turn that I into an E and you're right.

And yeah, expressing my sexuality freely is one of the thiings that make me happy. Deal with it. :^)

Good thing I'm catered for because it's okay in my culture for parents to take care of a "girl" (lmfao) until she gets married and don't have to waste time with the menial shit you worry about.
>>
>>6121058

I never got that, helping others makes me happy, not sucking dick, but go ahead and do you bro.
>>
>>6121004
Not an INTP though, nice attempt

>>6120995
>I came out as tranny
No one cares about trannies, discussion is about L, G, and B. If you noticed, OP referenced preferences and sexuality, not gender perspective. So, you seem to be the only retard here, oh and also hotheaded it seems. :)
>>
File: 1442920029305.jpg (7 KB, 180x159) Image search: [Google]
1442920029305.jpg
7 KB, 180x159
>>6120899
hold on a fuckin sec
you dont like burgers?
who doesnt like burgers
everyone loves burgers
>>
>>6120899
It makes a bit easier to find a bf/gf when people know what you're looking for.
>>
>>6120899
Bigotry makes all the difference
>>
Projecting: the thread
>>
>>6121579
>Projecting
Does this word have any meaning any more, or do people just throw it in to an argument, much like an ad hominem, because other people don't agree with their opinions?
>>
>>6121004
>>6121032
>>6121058
>>6121113
>Taking Myers-Briggs meme science seriously
The most psudoscience branch in an already weak field.

GET
Pittenger, David J,Measuring the MBTI. And Coming Up Short
FUCKING
Matthews, P. The MBTI is a flawed measure of personality
REKT
Sipps, G.J., R.A. Alexander, L. Friedt. Item Analysis of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.