[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't people stop talking about trannys? i literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1459870360313.jpg (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1459870360313.jpg
12 KB, 250x242
why can't people stop talking about trannys?

i literally just exist, and like any sane person refuse to use public restrooms regardless of my gender. it's gross.

isn't the goal of transitioning to become cis passing and stealth into society? why cant i turn on the radio without hearing shit about me
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 207x244
>>6095879
Because trannies have become a hot topic lately. Partly because of so many fucking trannies wanting to let the whole world know they're trannies (though to be fair, this was necessary in order to help people have better access to therapy, hormones, etc.). Those sorts of people are the only ones non-transsexuals have seen so they assume all transsexuals "identify as trans" and want everyone to know this.

Remember, it's totally acceptance if you say someone is a he-she who doesn't fit into male or female (despite the fact that they're trying to pass as one no matter how good a job they're doing) as long as you say you like, totally understand, gurl. Everyone in the media is doing it anyway.
>>
>>6095879
Well I think each transsexual approaches their identity differently. There's a trans boy that goes to my school. At first nobody knew he was trans but for some reason he opened up and eventually everyone knew he was trans. I don't know why he would tell people he was trans but like I said. Different individuals approach it differently
>>
>>6095913
I was able to get HRT before this whole trans media craze you are full of shit. It's because of all the butthurt hons bitching about how fucked their life is so they attention whore to the media.
>>
>>6096822
Didn't say it was impossible before, just easier now that I guess more people know about what it is. Then again I myself never tried to get hormones before the media craze and am just going off stuff I've been told so I very well could be full of shit.

I agree on the second part though.
>>
File: videogamedunkey.jpg (9 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
videogamedunkey.jpg
9 KB, 175x175
>>6095879
you fucking degenerate! how dare you make fun of tranies you scumfuck pile of trash! my girlfriend leah is trans! I am the real videogamedipshit! I am going to blow your fucking brains out!
>>
It's the teething pains of people having to get used to the idea of trans people existing. Which we need in order to get anti discrimination laws in housing and employment, access to medical care, etc.

And it just so happens that T is a convenient target for the anti-LGBT crowd. (The NC bathroom bill included provisions banning local anti-LGBT discrimination laws, made it harder to sue for discrimination in state courts, among other things like setting a minimum wage ceiling)
>>
>>6095879
passing is not acceptance, you are just hiding among the cis folks hoping no one will notice you are any different in a transphobic world.

stealth to pretend trans people don't exist does not help trans people to get validation, accomodations, equal rights, treatments.

without visibility, there will not be any improvements and works toward acceptance in a transphobic world.
without visibility, people who have gender dysphoria will become harder to acquire the information and treatments to ease their distress.

the goal of transitioning is to improve lives of people who suffer gender dysphoria by easing their levels of distress through HRT, self and social acceptance.
>>
>>6095879
That feel when because of this tranny shit I can't take hormones without people thinking I'm a tranny or saying "heh you're just a tranny in denial" when I am clearly not ;___;
>>
>>6098213
No, stealth is the end goal of any true, real tranny, because stealth is as close as you get to being cis, and that is what any actual tranny wants. Nobody should want to be a tranny, and if you want to be a tranny, you are not a real tranny but some freak who wants to be non-cis.
>>
>>6098486
well, being stealth =\= passing perfectly

obviously any dysphric trans person, by definition, wants to look basically as cis as possible. but if your situation allows it, speaking up in support of other trans people and showing others that it really is possible to pass/have a normal life is essential to further trans rights. not everyone wants to lie about their childhood to everyone they know.
>>
>>6098533
no one WANTS to. most of us just have to.
>>
>>6098533
Ahhh I'm confused because the terms have changed since I started. Stealth used to imply passing stealth, not failed tranny stealth.

Anyway though, bringing up tranny shit should cause dysphoria and bad feels for any real tranny, enough that it deincentivizes talking to anyone about it. That is why you see our representation as almost exclusively hons. They can't go stealth so they have nothing to lose and get no extra pain by being loud and annoying.
>>
>>6098546
no, i think you still dont understand. stealth is everyone thinks youre cis and the gender you identify as. you can pass as cis (post-transition) but people still know youre trans.

and honestly, if you cant deal with people talking about trans stuff in fromt of you at all, i dont think thats normal. maybe my dysphoria is more physical than social, but it still seems pretty extreme to me.
>>
>>6098533
>all passing trannys go stealth
>complain only media representation is hons and fetishists
>>
>>6098533
Not everyone wants to call attention to the fact that they're "trans" either. Some people just genuinely want to live normal lives as normal human beings and not be seen as "trans". It would be like if someone was gay and insisted on calling attention to it because he "had to let everyone know gays can have a normal life too", or someone who's had an abortion constantly speaking about it "to let other women know that people who've had an abortion can have normal lives too". Sometimes it's not about shoving your situation into everyone else's face and it's just about being a normal human being like everyone else. It doesn't matter how acceptable being transsexual becomes. 99% of people who genuinely want to be seen as the sex they're transitioning to won't want everyone to know they're transsexual.
>>
>>6098580
Can confirm - just want to be seen as girl, the fact that im trans is medical info.
>>
>>6098580
yeah, but you (i assume) said that ALL trans people want to be stealth. i was just trying to say that a lot of them dont really feel the need to be, even if they can.

but yeah, i totally understand why people dont feel comfortable advertising it and didnt mean to imply they're obligated to in any way.
>>
>>6098565
>stealth is everyone thinks youre cis and the gender you identify as
Is that not what I said?

I don't think it's normal to ever talk about tranny shit past 2 years into hormones.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.