[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have any mental health issues, /lgbt/? I have pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: Brain Problems.png (22 KB, 623x371) Image search: [Google]
Brain Problems.png
22 KB, 623x371
Do you have any mental health issues, /lgbt/?

I have pretty severe ADHD and it makes my life really difficult. I can't understand the passage of time, I forget what I'm saying mid sentence, and it takes me an extra 15-20 minutes every time I want to leave the house because I have to find all my things and end up misplacing things I already found in the process of looking for other things.
>>
>>5187706
Bipolar type II and SAD

Its painful to interact in active customer facing roles and engage in mundane interpersonal tasks. I prefer e-mail and avoid phones and direct communication. If I could reasonably get every essential item delivered and work from home I would probably never leave again.

During upward bipolar cycles I will be somewhat more outgoing, but I've also done completely dangerous things and have spent recklessly on shit I don't need. I also find myself unable to concentrate on most things. Ill start books that I can't barely even get a few chapters into because I can't keep myself focused.

I was diagnosed years ago but not medicated. Can't afford currently and I'm not sure where I need to go to get help.
>>
>>5187706
depression and anxiety
JUST
>>
i have ptsd and depression and bpd
i don't sleep. I am scared and unhappy most of the time.
I don't leave the house because of the agoraphobia feels from ptsd.
>>
Depression, anxiety, aspie,, and -probably- bpd

Being trans on top of that practically guarantees I'm just a ticking time bomb, I'm not gonna live to see 2016
>>
File: 3220895_o.gif (276 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
3220895_o.gif
276 KB, 320x240
>>5187706
adhd but not as bad as you

also gender dysphoria :)
>>
>>5187912
same.
I also have a panic disorder. I have panic attacks daily where im convinced im having a stroke and dying for 30 minutes instead of being able to realize its a panic attack
>>
>>5187706
well yeah i'm lgbt
>>
File: wowthisisnotinteresting.png (148 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
wowthisisnotinteresting.png
148 KB, 500x282
OCD w/poor insight, PTSD, and social anxiety disorder.

Meds are awesome. Me + my meds, sitting in a tree.
>>
ADD, depression, anxiety. I'm a sad and shaky motherfucker.
>>
>>5187706
I have dyspraxia and hypotonia which has left me with both mental and physical disabilities. My shit is currently just fucked right up.
No personality disorders or anything like that though.
>>
>>5187706
MtF here, was diagnosed with ADHD when I was like 9 or so, then with GID at 18. More recently, I got diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder, and i suspect i have BPD given all my self-destructive tendencies.
Side note, I actually have a theory that AvPD is incredibly common in MtFs due to judgement from society, etc. but I've yet to find anybody else who has been formally diagnosed.
>>
I've been diagnosed with chronic depression but desu I think that's probably just caused by gender dysphoria. I've been feeling a lot better day-to-day since I started transitioning
>>
>>5188146
i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, I mean, pds are hilariously common in trans people in general, we're fucked

if i had a dollar for every trans girl i met that told me they were borderline within like 10 minutes
>>
>>5188146

OP here, I didn't get diagnosed ADHD until 19 because I was smart enough/good enough at taking tests that never doing homework didn't reflect badly on my grades. I don't even know how I could be functional in my daily life now without stimulants (which I don't even like taking).

Then I got diagnosed GD at 21. Whoops!
>>
>ADD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, BPD

Surprisingly I am a fully functional human being and at most people only know that I get 'anxious'. I was diagnosed with these when I was in a very shitty situation, and since I've left home it's all been very good.

The only thing I really struggle with is juggling relationships/friends and being alone/getting my responsibilities done(excluding work, which already takes up most of my time). I just can't seem to reassure people that I do care about them, and even when I'm constantly sacrificing my alone time(its really important to me) - I just can't seem to keep up with them. Everyone I know just seems to live in a world where if I'm not with them or texting them for a minimum of 14 hours a day then I'm 'too distant'. This is so exhausting and I don't know what to do because I don't want to hurt anyone, but I also don't want to lose my shit from the overload.
>>
Bpd, probably something else too. Im almost at the end.
>>
Dysthimia, bipolar, ADD, anxiety, GD.
Lotsa scars that read bpd too, but I really am not.
Not taking any meds cause they all just make something else worse.
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I don't know. I'm functioning. But I have very low self esteem and a problem with emotional stability.

I am also addicted to self harm.
>>
>Mild intrusive thoughts.
>Anxiety
>Depression
>Gender Dysphoria

Plus I'm super neurotic.
>>
>>5188484

Why not do drugs like the rest of us?
>>
>>5188484
I want to feel everything. I'm not looking to get high. I like pain. I thirst for blood. I hunger for razors. I am considering fire.

WHOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>5188513
You should prolly see a doctor about that.
>>
>>5188513

That's some crazy shit. It fits the threads narrative so I guess good for you.

For reals though I feel real bad for you anon. Suicide seems saner than what you're doing.

Get some help.
>>
>>5188484
what the fuck did you cut your face?
>>
I used to have really bad panic attacks for about 10 years. Like wanting to kill myself just to stop them. Was treated with every pill in the book. Too many hard drugs as a teen. I haven't had a full blown attack in years but still get anxious from time to time. Drug free now though. Seriously kids, don't fuck around with acid. I would rank it above heroin, crack, and meth for the lasting effects it can have on your life. At least those other hard drugs you can get into recovery and lead a normal life. I honestly thought my brain would never return to normal, and after ten years of hell, it's still not quite right. Others aren't so lucky.
>>
>>5188564

I've done loads of psychedelics. Lot's of DMT, acid, mushrooms, mdma.

From 13 to about 19/20. I still partake occasionally.

The worst drug I've ever done was Datura. Absolutely terrible. That's one to avoid. Seriously.

All in all, I'm basically fine. My problems stem from being trans and low self-esteem.

I've got a good job, a few good friends, a good family, a partner and basically a life.

Not everyone who fucks around will end up like you.

It's a shame that it happened but IMO some people shouldn't do drugs. You being one of them.
>>
>>5188564
ever consider it's just your problems and you'd have them with or without those drugs
>>
Yeah, I've got one mental health problem.

I'm a tranny.
>>
>>5188576
That's just it. You never know when or if it will affect you like that. It's literally a roll of the dice. DMT and shrooms are fine. Acid is a totally different story. You can take a ton and be fine then a bad dose comes along and that's it. I'm 45 now and did everything from grade school until my early thirties. You just never know.
>>
>>5188601
There is no such thing as a bad dose of acid. If you had a really bad time, it probably wasn't acid.
>>
>>5188604
Thank you Mr chemical engineer
>>
>>5188611
Nah, just done a lot of tripping. Let me elaborate.

If you normally have a good time on acid, unless you've got some bad shit going on in your head, you're going to have a good time on acid.

If you suddenly have a bad time, it is not because you got a "bad" tab of LSD. Odds are either your brain wasn't ready, or even more likely, you didn't get acid.

You're right though. The one and only drug ever put on blotters is acid. Also, dealers are the most trustworthy and honest people on the planet - they'd never sell another chemical as acid. Even if it was a chemical the average person has no knowledge of.
>>
>>5188601

I've got to ask though.

It's not possible that had a predisposition to psychosis/anxiety before the drugs?

It's generally Ill advised to drugs if you a serious history of mental illness.

What triggers you?

Have you read the studies about lsd and MDMA helping cure/work through those issues under care of a psychologist?
>>
>>5188619

Yeah nbome and 2cs will fuck you if you're not ready for it.

Those all get passed off as acid.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
How the fuck do so many of you have PTSD? Is it just some tumblerina shit like getting diddled as a kid? That's probably happened to most people on this board. Hell that was my crackhead mom's only source of income for a while was drunk dudes paying to come in my room in the middle of the night and get a piece of my ass. But I grew up and got over it. Unless you served 2 tours or watched your dad get decapitated or some shit like that, get over yourselves.
>>
>>5188626
These are exactly the drugs I was talking about. Both often put on blotters, both very different from acid - for the unprepared it can be really easy to have a bad time.

Especially on the nbome series.
>>
>>5188630

Yup. I had some bad times on all of that. I don't know how people like it especially the 2cs.

I've tried a few different varieties and had a shit time, every single time.
>>
>>5188627
I don't think I have PTSD but I was beaten by a group of black guys and left for dead. Now I do get "triggered" when I see black guys.
>>
>>5188634
Back in the day I got a gram of 2C-I, and later a gram of 2C-E.

The 2C-I was pretty manageable in terms of the stimulant effect, for me. However it was a little pushy at points. I had a good time, for sure - but I probably will never do it again, after all those times.

2C-E was much more pushy with the stimulant effect - it was kind of annoying at times. However, I kept myself together pretty well, and enjoyed myself. Still will never do it again. I shared those grams with friends, and tripped a great many times on both. Shrooms and acid are really all I'm interested now, after trying a bunch of different drugs.
>>
>>5188627
Not everyone is the same, psychologically, as you.
>>
OCD Aspergers and ADHD. I probably have depression, I haven't been diagnosed though.
>>
File: that it were true.jpg (21 KB, 540x465) Image search: [Google]
that it were true.jpg
21 KB, 540x465
Never actually got out to get a fancy shmancy diagnosis, but the way I always feel depressed and totally worthless & inferior straight up tells me there's something wrong. I can relate pretty strongly to symptoms associated with BPD and AvPD but like heck am I gonna self diagnose.

I'm transgender to boot though, and isn't that generally considered a mental illness?
>>
depresion, coz mood swings on hrt and low T not compensated by E
also shitty life
>>
>tfw mtf but completely stable with no mental health issues besides being mtf and even that is pretty much cured from years of hrt, social transition and post op.
>>
>>5188808
Similar mtf here.

Only difference is that I am realistic enough to admit that being a tranny is a mental illness.
>>
>>5188885
Well I did admit it's a mental illness, just one where I've been cured of the symptoms: dysphoria.
>>
>>5188808
why are you on 4chan
>>
>>5187706
>mental health issues
Officially I only have Asperger, but I'm also pretty paranoid, suffer delusions, an inferiority complex and I have some pent up anger and frustrations.

That's about it not much special.
>>
File: Mayo_CLinic.jpg (31 KB, 497x354) Image search: [Google]
Mayo_CLinic.jpg
31 KB, 497x354
>>5187706
borderline personality disorder
paranoid schizophrenia
dissociative fugue
derealization disorder
depersonalization disorder
avoidant personality disorder
obsessive compulsive personality disorder
post traumatic stress disorder
bipolar type I

about a year ago i was somewhat high functioning but i overdosed on ritalin (i dont have ADHD) and something traumatic happened, and it took me about 8 months to recover, i guess im still recovering but things aren't really that difficult anymore, and im oddly happier than i was when i was a repressed and insecure about myself
>>
22 gay male btw
>>
How many pills do you people take daily?

I take 1x Concerta 18mg in the mornings plus 10mg IR Ritalin as needed, plus 2x Wellbutrin 150mg and 1x Lamictal 150mg (I don't know if I'm actually bipolar or not but I had an SSRI induced manic episode when I tried Prozac once and there's a sensitization theory of manic episodes that the more you have, the more likely you are to have more in the future, so at the very least I take it as a precaution).

I also take all my hormones (3x2mg Estradiol, 2x100mg Spironolactone, and 1x10mg Provera) for a grand total of 10 pills every morning plus whatever else I want to take daily. I also take Aleve pretty regularly, and Sudafed for about half the year.

Yeaaaaah...
>>
ptsd induced amnesia

i cant remember anything from 12-16.
>>
>>5187706
>>5188172
Depressive episodes with social anxiety throughout all my life until I got my ADHD diagnosis and meds a year ago at 22. More stable and sociable than ever, got some residue from that resulting lag in social development and discontinuing antidepressants but improving every day and I view myself as functioning as any normal person my age
Also a sleep disorder of some heritable kind since childhood, most likely delayed sleep phase, but I haven't been evaluated for that

>>5191658
Vyvanse 50 mg mornings 30 mg afternoon
My cis contraceptive hormones because periods suck
Melatonin for sleep
At most I've taken 9 in the morning of which 5 were vitamins.

I quit my daily 200 mg of sertraline this summer after two years, was briefly on lamotrigine for withdrawal symptoms which I probably still experience (at that time, rebound depression and anxiety - now disrupted sleep, affect lability, lack of motivationl/interest) but I think they're finally starting to dissappear completely. If I were to become depressed again, I'm going for lamotrigine and maybe just some SSRI in the acute phase, no way I'm doing SSRI for anything but acute phase treatment again - it was very effective but I'm obviously sensitive to long-term withdrawal symptoms and lamotrigine was comparatively much more tolerable

>>5189102
>borderline personality disorder
>paranoid schizophrenia
>dissociative fugue
>derealization disorder
>depersonalization disorder
>avoidant personality disorder
>obsessive compulsive personality disorder
>post traumatic stress disorder
>bipolar type I
This my friends, is a classical presentation of a phenomenon called self-diagnosis
>>
I have every mental illness in the book (self-diagnosed of course teehee)
>>
>>5188996
>Officially
>Asperger
you do realize that's not an actual diagnosis under the dsm-5, right?
>>
I don't know. Don't think so but I feel like I have a way harder time getting to to people compared to others. I don't like strangers and making new friends is hard despite the fact that I crave and need attention and friendship. I'm 23 and I've never been in a relationship or had sex. Maybe im just shy.
>>
>>5192321
when i got my diagnosis I was really young, probably early 2000s or earlier so, long before the dsm 5 came out
>>
File: 1438724726947.jpg (74 KB, 920x459) Image search: [Google]
1438724726947.jpg
74 KB, 920x459
Bipolar type 2 and mild ASD (apparently they got rid of "Aspergers" as a diagnosis, now they just call it mild ASD. I'm not always completely socially terrible, but whenever I'm around people I know but aren't good friends with, I get incredibly nervous. "What if I say something wrong and this person hates me forever, or thinks I'm awful", etc. In general though, I don't really have high self-esteem, regardless of who I'm talking to.

I'm also incredibly slow to finish schoolwork, and I hate myself for it. I'll sleep like 2-3 hours sometimes just to work longer on schoolwork, only to not finish, go to school, and see the disappointment in my teacher's eyes when they give me extra time. It makes me feel awful, I don't want to be given special treatment, but without that time my grades would be even shittier than they already are. The only thing that keeps me from failing every class are my decent test scores.

I have 2 friends, one of which is the only person who knows I'm bi, because I don't want my conservative parents to think I'm an even bigger degenerate.

There's also the depressive and maniac mood swings, though I'm good enough at acting like I'm happy to keep people from thinking I'm depressed.

There's an adorable gay twink in my history class I have a crush on, but I'll never be able to say anything, because I'm fucking pathetic.

In the end, if I could be given just one thing, it'd be someone to hug at night. Someone to talk to, someone to tell you no matter how shitty stuff may seem, it will always get better.
>>
>>5195961

I have a friend who has bipolar/ASD (he still says Asperger's, but then again, I still say I have ADD). Super duper cool guy, he moved across the country to do a grad program but I got to see him over the summer.

What meds do you take, if any? He takes Lamictal and I think Abilify?
>>
adhd dyslexia
>>
>>5196235
I used to take Abilify, which made me insanely anxious, but at least I could finish my work. I was going to therapy for a while, and just starting to calm down on Abilify, when they pretty much had to completely cut me off, due to some shitty CA law that basically says that unless I'm suicidal or potentially a danger to others, I can only get treatment for 15 months.

Your friend sounds like a neat guy, anon.
>>
Aspie
Depression
Anxiety
Depersonalization disorder
Absence seizure disorder

Are my mental ones although i dont know if seizure disorder would count,
I have also been getting some neurological issues lately which i need to see a doctor about but procrastinating partially out of fear
>>
>>5196301

Woah, what? I've never heard anything like that, that's real messed up.
>>
Depression and social anxiety. Also I might have light autism. I'm currently taking citalopram (an SSRI), it seems to be helping but I'm still basically a NEET. I'm trying to force myself out more but it's hard, playing video games is so much easier.
>>
>>5187706
I'm autistic and have ptsd, various anxiety issues and possibly seasonal defective disorder,
I'm currently self medicating by burning frankincense because it has mild anti-anxiety properties and I like incense.

>>5192321
That just means they got diagnosed before the DSM-V like me just read it as ASD.
>>
Depression and anxiety.

Most of the time, I'm too tired to even browse the internet...
>>
Anxiety disorder, also prosopagnosia.
>>
REMEMBER! You can BE anything! Even a volcano!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4
>>
File: IMG_20151108_061458.jpg (1 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151108_061458.jpg
1 MB, 2368x3200
>>5191658
>>
ADHD and Anorexia, and probably some anxiety disorder.
>>
>>5187706
Depression and anxiety. I'm gonna try and get a diagnosis of ADHD as I've had symptoms all my life and really need to do something about it or I'm never gonna amount to anything, but I've heard it's such a pain in the ass to get it dealt with in the UK. Welp.
>>
>>5197630
Oh, also regular self harmer and susoected schizoid too. On top of being a fucking tranny.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.