[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yet another trans-related thread: Jealous Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1458003474236.jpg (438 KB, 1267x997) Image search: [Google]
1458003474236.jpg
438 KB, 1267x997
Is it strange that I've felt more jealous/envious of other trans women and not cis women? I also ask the same question to trans men as well. It's like cis women are some impossible standard to reach because I'll never be cis/never went through male puberty but with other transwomen many of us have the same starting place, most of got punched in the face by male puberty.

For some the damage is worse than others but I can't help but think we all start in the same pool. However when I see 10/10 transgirls or girls have been on hormones half the time I've been but look like cis girls, I can't help but feel inferior and depresses me.

Yes, I know being envious of prettier girls is dumb and pointless and I should focus on bettering myself,reaching goals,etc. It's just hard to deal with it senpai.

pic not related but HxH is coming back next month, so yay.
>>
This actually makes perfect sense, OP. Cis women are fundamentally different than trans women. Even the pretty, passing, femboy trans women have different biology than cis women. Comparing the two is sort of like comparing apples and oranges.

But with other trans women, we were all given the same cards at birth. (Or, similar cards, in that we all were born with a penis.) So when you see another person who was also born with a penis just like you but looks so much better than you, it's natural to be a little jealous, because you can't blame their chromosomes. They're more or less in the same position as you but got luckier.

I know that isn't a comforting thought, but I hope it helps to know that you aren't alone, and that your jealousy is more rational than you think. But while there are trans women who pass better and are prettier than you, there are always ones who are uglier, started later, or pass less. Sure, feeling better about yourself by looking at them isn't necessarily the nicest thing to do, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
>>
I can totally relate. The idea of simply not passing gets me so down, I can barely face my own reflection. Just looking at what I think is the ugliness of my own face and body and then looking at not only how beautiful some transwomen are, but also how well they PASS, really depresses me.

I know though that now some trolls will come on here and start complaining about "hugboxing" and bullshit. But this is a real issue. It's hard enough to go out and stare prejudice and cold, silent hatred and fear in the face and not be afraid, but to also be constantly made to feel ugly by not only your own personal comparison with someone else but the nasty bitchiness of a lot of the toxic trannies on here is extremely depressing.

Maybe I'm turning this into an issue you don't personally face, and if so, correct me. Puberty is one thing yes, but simple genetics, something no one can control, is to blame a lot of the time. The simple fact is, some people are born lucky, with good looks, feminine features, etc, which give them a natural advantage should they be transsexual. Is it fair? No, of course not. But the world is not fair. All you can do is create your own standards, and not live by what others say of you, and only then will you truly feel content. I wish I could practice what I preach desu.
>>
I'm cis and I feel that way too.
I-I'm cis r-right?
>>
>>5942802
If you're cis and feel that way, I have a feeling you're not cis. That's a very strange way for a cis person to feel.
>>
>>5942840
Isn't it just possible that I'm jealous that they manage to look beautiful as girls and it's something I'll never ever have because I'm a disgusting manly man?
Just jealousy of something I'll never have, so of course it hurts.
>>
>>5942855
I guess you could be cis, and want to be a femboy. Either way sorry. Being manly looking sucks.
>>
>>5942855
Why would a "disgusting manly man" be jealous of a male who looks like a girl? Unless he's trans, shouldn't he feel envious of men who are in shape and are more muscular?

I don't understand.
>>
File: smaug (56).jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
smaug (56).jpg
7 KB, 229x220
I get jealous of more passable trans women like for one second then I realize they still have a Y chromosome making up every cell in their bodies and will be forever male. No matter if they turn their penises into penginas, it does not a female reproductive system make.

Going to TERF blogs alleviates my dysphoria as well. It's actually a very soothing place where I can feel superior to all trannies no matter how good they look tbhon.
>>
ftm here, i know exactly how you feel

of course i do get jealous of cis guys all the time, but it can be really frustrating seeing a trans guy who's naturally tall, lanky, masculine etc. and they usually still complain about some small thing, like having girly feet or whatever. but rationally i know it's just the dysphoria talking.

i also get kind of jealous/unreasonably upset when i see trans people in better situations then me. not only knowing early, but having accepting families and enough money to transition, all that.
>>
>>5942729
I love HunterxHunter
>>
>>5942790
>but to also be constantly made to feel ugly by not only your own personal comparison with someone else but the nasty bitchiness of a lot of the toxic trannies on here is extremely depressing.

This is one of the worst things, how mean and petty trans people can be to each other(specifically the girls).

>>5942757

>Sure, feeling better about yourself by looking at them isn't necessarily the nicest thing to do, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

This is kinda messed up but I laughed.
>>
>>5942729
>Is it strange that I've felt more jealous/envious of other trans women and not cis women? I also ask the same question to trans men as well.
I just feel jealous of anyone more masculine than me desu
>>
>>5942729

I don't think it's abnormal. They're glimpses into the life any of us might have had if better choices had been made, either by us or the people around us.

>>5942976

So you're a cis woman? You'll still pass on your ugly genes to your children.
>>
>>5942729
The worst are the pretty looking guys who don't want to be women. All I can think is what a fucking waste.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.