[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detransition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1452062090719.png (92 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1452062090719.png
92 KB, 600x400
>3 months since I stopped hormones
>Having a man body and testosterone isn't that bad if you get used to it and accept your body and hormones don't define you
>Take a look at /lgbt/
>See cute trans girl stories
>Dysphoria intensifies

Anyone else detransitioned here? For what reasons? Was it worth it? Are you happy? Are you having regrets?
>>
>Having a man body and testosterone isn't that bad if you get used to it and accept your body and hormones don't define you

I would agree with this, I've been off hormones for a month once and while the strong as fuck suicidal thought were the worse, you kinda get use to it, you get use to the blahness of it all.

But eventually my doctor appointment came and I got back on hormones. But as someone who kinda forever living as a dude because too afraid to socially transition, I don't recommend coming here or any other site where you can see cute trans girls, passing and having decent lives.

It triggers me senpai and it seems it triggers you too. I think it's best to distance yourself from the path you decided not to go down.
>>
I can just take hormones and never come out right
>>
>>5919409

Assuming your tits don't get too big, yes.
>>
>>5919407
>forever living as a dude because too afraid to socially transition
This was pretty much what I was doing for my 1 year on hormones. And it always felt awkward as hell when people would call me "she" or by my girl first name. Plus:
>People telling me I have to use make up
>People telling me I have to wear dresses and skirts
>Chasers
>Even "straight" guys end up lusting for me when I just want friends and am not interested in guys
>That everyday stress of people noticing something is off with me
>That panic when someone thinks I'm a girl
>That fear of the day I wouldn't pass as a guy anymore
>That deep dude voice that doesn't go away even though I try to train it
>Girltinkler
>Taking potentially dangerous medicine every day

Testosterone is a torture and it's hard to not hate myself since I stopped HRT, but at least life is more chill this way.
>>
>>5919483
Also could had in the list
>Being a NEET in a poorfag family
That's a pretty good reason to give up transition too.
>>
>>5919483
Tbh that doesn't sound that bad. Especially compared to being severely suicidal and having dysphoria.
>>
so basically I should just dispel with the notion that i'm actually a tranny and stop taking these pills and just let myself be as normal a guy as i can manage
>>
I was ftm and detransitioned about a year ago. I felt like I was just pretending to be a man and I was sick of it. I didn't really have a problem until I brought a girl home, then it was all downhill from there.
Was it worth it? I don't know. At least I don't feel like I'm pretending anymore.
>Are you happy?
I haven't been happy in at least a decade, but I accept my lot in life and I'll deal with it until my unhealthy lifestyle kills me or I do it myself.
>Are you having regrets?
Nope. Nothing to regret about chromosomes.
>>
>>5922506
Why not date a transgirl?
Idk senpai, I see plenty on OkCupid.
>>
>>5922472

>already on hormones
>thinks trying to be a normal man will work

Wew, lad. Looks like you didn't learn your lesson the first time around.
>>
>>5922506
>I didn't really have a problem until I brought a girl home
You mean you didn't have a problem without being a man? Or you didn't have a problem with being detransitioned?
>>
>>5922603
Didn't have a problem living as a man. When a girl is begging you to fuck her, but you got no dick, it's very emasculating.
>>
>>5922550
but yknow, i'm probably just not trans enough to justify it. mental illness is a serious deal and can make you do weird shit.
so i just kind of need to get over it, get a gf, and stuff
>>
>>5922628

You couldn't use a strap-on? Or did you just feel like a delusional lesbian?

>>5922639

What makes you think you're just mentally ill and not trans?
>>
>>5923082
It's just...why not? It's not like I don't have a number of other mental illnesses that could be having unknown side effects. It's not like I'm not far from trutrans
>>
I never transitioned, I just take hormones so I am kinda there already tbhon
>>
>>5923695

did you take the T?
>>
>>5923795
what? did I roid up?
>>
>>5923863
did you ever take testosterone, "detransitioning" female san?
>>
>>5924197
no but I thought about it
>>
>>5919351

Here's the thing - most people aren't going to be cute. This is the last taboo, the issue that still won't speak its name 100 years from now: ugly women don't get treated as women anyway, so going from being a man to a woman physically just means, if you're successful, if you 'pass', being a sack of potatos in men's eyes. Women's too. Something pitiable. Only people already cute and androgenous will ever get any lasting social benefit from transitioning.
>>
>>5919407
even if they pass srs is the only way to feel relaxed
>>
>>5922506
>I don't feel like I'm pretending anymore.
BEST feel ever
>>
File: 1435492902102.png (39 KB, 222x112) Image search: [Google]
1435492902102.png
39 KB, 222x112
>>5924564
To be honest, I think I'd rather not be cute. Harassment from thirsty guys is the worst feel and at least if I looked meh, I'd get less of that. My fear isn't to be ugly but to look obviously trans (especially scared of the boobs and the voice) and be considered a freak.

If HRT did absolutely no changes except in the brain, I would keep taking it. I can probably be fine in a man body (and I can have male privileges :^) ). What really bothers me the most is my brain. I've been hating my own thoughts for years and when I was on HRT, they changed and I was way more comfortable with them. On testosterone, my own brain disagrees with me and it feels like I'm pretending to be something I'm not.
>>
File: 239a.jpg (422 KB, 1527x2364) Image search: [Google]
239a.jpg
422 KB, 1527x2364
>>5924564
>>5919351
There are some studies about perception of cuteness https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Women_are_wonderful%22_effect
and even a sci-fi novel about lookism ftp://ftp.seti.org/phillips/scifi/Liking%20What%20You%20See%20A%20Documentary%20-%20Ted%20Chiang.txt

Personally I look somewhat decent, but still I think quite a lot about this ultimate inequality and what will be done about it eventually. As a tech person I understand that the body is just a collection of tissues, and we will have more and more technological ways of modifying these. I hope in our lifetime people will finally become free to look as they like.

Time to get to work, hehe.
>>
>>5926732
i think it's a long time before we have reparative surgeries/etc./nanobots that can make everybody attractive
>>
>>5922506
>>5924584
>>5924646
>pretending
This is what I want to stop feeling. If I don't transition I'm pretending to be male, if I do I'm pretending to be female. That my life will always be an act is at least as depressing as the dysphoria itself.

>If HRT did absolutely no changes except in the brain, I would keep taking it. I can probably be fine in a man body (and I can have male privileges :^) ). What really bothers me the most is my brain. I've been hating my own thoughts for years and when I was on HRT, they changed and I was way more comfortable with them. On testosterone, my own brain disagrees with me and it feels like I'm pretending to be something I'm not.
These are my *exact* thoughts and the only reason I'm considering HRT
>>
>>5924546
Wait. Then how did you detransition when you weren't doing anything about it before? You just cut your hair, wore boy clothes and called yourself a dude? I wouldn't call that transitioning in the first place.
>>
>>5930881
Social transition without medical transition. Pretty rare for trans women to pursue without being forced into it by backward organizations (hi NHS!) that won't let them even take hormones before being socially transitioned for over a year. Not quite as uncommon in trans men because it's more trouble to procure testosterone through quasi-legitimate channels than it is estrogen, and the repercussions of not passing as a man are, while still hurtful, humiliating, etc..., often less dangerous.
>>
>>5930928
Why is there oral estro but not test anyway
>>
>>5919351
AGP trannies are rectal aids

At least you detransitioned and didn't kill yourself to worsen the tranny stats
>>
>>5931084
Oral test does exist, but only in very small doses. Apparently it's hepatotoxic in the extreme, and so wants to not be processed first by the liver in high concentrations.
>>
>>5930788
I one option is to move to some place that's more liberal and live as openly trans
>>
>>5931447
I guess*
>>
>>5930881
what? detransitioning is taking test?

i don't see how ending female hormones is not "detransitioning"
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.