[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think she is well-written as a [spoiler]transgirl[/spoiler]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: catherine_characterart_erica.jpg (66 KB, 270x550) Image search: [Google]
catherine_characterart_erica.jpg
66 KB, 270x550
Do you think she is well-written as a [spoiler]transgirl[/spoiler] or is it too intentionally awkward/sort of bigoted?

I sort of have this idea that Atlus might have written her as a response to that one character in Persona 3. The minor one. You know which one. All of her friends seem to try their best to be accepting and supportive, if they are being uncomfortable with it, which is believable. Then there's also the thing where she is super flirty and non-commital, which is not inherently bad writing, but sort of stereotypical.
>>
She's probably trans. Japan's gonna japan.
>>
>>6569641
What do you mean, "probably"?
>>
>>6569567
I think she was mostly well written, but I haven't played in ages and I'm a straight cis dude. I vaguely recall there was a moment or two that wasn't quite tactful, but I might be making that up. Mostly not bad.
>>
>>6569567
>Friends mock her
>Nightmares imply she's actually a man
>The guy who fucks her say it was weird then feels sick and everyone makes fun of him
that said this is still ahead of most other depictions of trannies so..
>>
>>6569835
Shit, I forgot about that.
>>
>>6569835
They don't really mock her, though? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but besides them generally being uncomfortable -- which is understandable, I mean not good, but understandable as in it's realistic -- I can only think of one time where a character implies she's not a real woman, during which she actually calls him out, and once where he says they wouldn't let her become a female wrestler, which is phrased in a way that makes the character who says it seem sort of transphobic (which may not endorse his phrasing) but it's also a valid point he brings up.
But yeah, when the guy says it feels weird (???) and regrets losing his virginity to her is straight up just dumb and transphobic.
>>
>>6569567
at least they didn't naoto her
>>
>>6569907
He never straight up says he regrets it though, just that it was kinda weird.

>>6571847
>no, trust me, you don't wanna be a boy, you just need friends. really, don't be a boy.
>>
>>6571904
But Naoto wasn't trans, it was better that way, I know they are all chinese cartoons but transitionign without really being trans will fuck you up badly, like 90% suicide rate badly.

Erica has nothing to do with Naoto.
Her only issue is that she did lie to that virgin awkawrd guy she had sex with.

It was like knowing someone from /mtfg/ had srs and decided to fuck some clueless anon from /r9k/ without telling him she was trans.
>>
>>6571938
Yeah I know, she just wanted to be taken seriously.

But at the same time, the team immediately saying "you don't wanna be a boy, you just want friends who'll take you seriously" in a way that makes it seem like all trans people just need friends, kinda pissed me off when I played it, because I felt like it was invalidating my struggle by saying I was a loser who just needed friends, because was young, dramatic, regressed, and took that part way too much to heart.

t. FtM
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.