[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to gain support/reassurance of one's gender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x280
Is there any way to gain support/reassurance of one's gender despite of being trans?

My family has always loved and supported me, but my dad was not only deeply against anything stereotypically manly (esp. sports and the military), but somewhat of an emotionally absent drunk. When I came out to him, he just politely disagreed and we never talked about it again. My mom and sister keep making negative remarks about virtually anything related to men, masculinity or aspects of manhood. I worry they're going to turn against me once I start hormones and might actually pass some day.

I don't think it's a matter directly related to whatever makes people trans (inb4 trannies are crazy by default), I'd eat a hat full of shit if I'd be completely sane and comfortable with my identity had I been amab and raised like this.

How does one gain confidence in gender that is not universally aknowledged or given support?
>>
According to the patterns I've been taught, I should be picking up some sad mop with no self-esteem for a wife, who'll do all the work for me in hopes of gaining any worth and value for herself. This is not an option because it's cruel and shitty amd I'm not attracted to women.

A sane, reasonable solution would be to go to a psychiatrist, but I am yet to convince a psychiatrist that I am actually male, and can't afford to give him anything sparkly as a distraction.
>>
Secondary bump.
>>
Tetriary bump.
>>
>>6559511
Have you tried a local LGBT community center? Trans youth groups? Slam poetry?
>>
>>6560031
None of those things exist in my village.

the best shot my psychiatrist had was put me in group therapy with a bunch of women. Like, I shit you not, an exclusively cis female group. This is the best option my shrink had to offer.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.