[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HRT and Emotional Stability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1431900612473.gif (403 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1431900612473.gif
403 KB, 500x283
Well i've decided i want to take hormones and get feminine. I'm 18 and a bit androgynous already.

However i have many problems going on my life. I'm under Prozac treatment for anxiety and severe depression. It has been 4 months now.

I'm having problems with tests at my university and docummentations. I'll probably soon have a discussion with my parents due to some personal matters.

I feel like it isn't the time to start HRT, but of course i can't wait any longer for it. I'm worried i'll not control myself and end up coming out for someone, or worse, going insane. Is there any risk?

Can i keep controling myself even under Estrogen, AA and Prozac effects? Should i stop Prozac?
>>
Your issues sound like they may be partially relieved by HRT. When I started I had a lot of depression and anxiety too, but finally doing something about the shit feels really made me feel so much better. The start of HRT may be a little bit of an emotional roller coaster, but for most it is mainly dominated massively by positive emotions at finally making this journey and doing something about your body.

I think it will only make you feel better. Imagine getting an ego/confidence/happiness boost every time you look in the mirror. Wouldn't that be nice?
>>
>>6556282
The more i took HRT the more i got dysphoric, the more i became like a girl the more i wanted to be a girl, and it's emotional hell, but perhaps just because i'm an ugly piece of shit. If you're good looking you're good to go, only after FFS i somewhat calmed down, other than that the three years i was on HRT for were an emotional wreck, and that's not even saying much
>>
File: Yi.jpg (310 KB, 630x840) Image search: [Google]
Yi.jpg
310 KB, 630x840
>>6556309
I wonder if my depression, anxiety and panic are related to dysphoria. I didn't told my psychiatrist about it and now i don't go to him anymore, so i want to self med. It will be better to be cute and beautiful. But what really worries me is losing control of my mind or something like that. I heard many people that go through HRT have constant mood swings and all.

>>6556372
Many told me, specially here, that Prozac is shit. I've been on Lexapro during 4 months, changed to Prozac due to side effects. My mother has been under Prozac effect for the past 15 years and she got a kind of bipolar disorder and extreme mood swings.

However i fear depression and panic attacks, and my anxiety is triggering just by thinking about them. I don't know if i can work without Prozac. Is there any case of trans people that going though Hrt AND Antidepressants?

>>6556911
Damn, i hope you're doing well nowadays girl!
>>
This >>6556372 only works if you end up pretty. Otherwise you will just be painfully reminded that the hormones don't do nearly as much as you hoped they might.

Remember to mostly ignore the advice of passing shitters
>>
>>6556282
Prozac isn't a treatment
>american psychiatry kek
>>
>>6559543
Well idk, it can be a placebo if not poison but i think Lexapro and Prozac helped me kind of "Suppress" clinical depression and the panic attacks i used to have almost everyday.

I'm not american though. My english sucks at first.

>>6559542
This means i should go for it and try anyway and keep the prozac?

I mean, taking hormones is a decision i made, however i'm unsure if it's the certain time, if it's a nice decision to take it with the antidepressants, etc.
>>
>>6559671
If you already decided to take them you would be massively retarded not to take them as soon as possible.
>>
>>6556282
First off, HRT will fuck up your school life if you're not prepared. Doubly so if you're really depressed. I started it the summer before my senior year in high school, and I had to drop out 2 credits out from graduating to give my brain time to finish rewiring and to keep from killing myself. It can be hell.

That said, I'm glad I started HRT when I did, and the effects are really monumental in relieving dysphoria. But it's a tradeoff.

Also >prozac
I was on that shit for years when I was little. What a pure kind of hell that was. Talk to your psychiatrist about getting off that shit. I'd recommend slowly going down on your doses rather than stopping cold turkey like I did.
>>
File: Mountains 432123.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Mountains 432123.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
>>6559690
I know, i really want, i'm just worried about mental effects:

>>6560461
I'm worried about that. If i get out of this medication i don't know how my condition will progress.

>I started it the summer before my senior year in high school, and I had to drop out 2 credits out from graduating to give my brain time to finish rewiring and to keep from killing myself. It can be hell.

Surprisingly, since i've finished the highschool a year ago, i maintain contact with a friend that also want to start hormones soon, and she is at her senior year of Highschool too. However i don't think i have time to see her progress and that's also immoral. I would feel like i'm using her as a "test subject"

Anyway, i'm thinking all day about this, as i already took many breaks and i need to decide once for all.
For now, i'm thinking about ignoring the side effects and simply start the HRT. As you said "I'm glad i started HRT when i did" the sooner the better and there should be no regrets.

Why have you said that Prozac is hell? Like, what happened to you during the "treatment"?

I'll take a day off to think about all this. Thanks again, for everyone here.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.