[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gay priests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: images (9).jpg (14 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
14 KB, 443x332
So what do you think about this?
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/286878/Sacred-Love-documentary-that-aims-to-denounce-religious-double-standard/
Do think something like this will make a difference in the world?
>>
The makers of the documentary don't understand religion, and won't change anything except repulse people who retain some semblance of respect for sanctity.
>>
>>6556061
I think it's sad that this is just another movie meant to shame religious lgbt people into becoming hedonistic, drug using atheists just because of one vague passage in Leviticus (which most Christians don't even follow Leviticus laws only Jews follow them to a T)
>>
>>6556425
Sanctity and lies are not synonyms. Don't pretend like religious people have ever been capable of sanctity.
>>
>>6556475
>wahhhhh some religious person hurt my fee fees
Grow up piss baby
>>
>>6556483
Eat shit you living infection.
>>
>>6556446
It is indeed sad. I think priests should have the right to marry either women or men. We were not made to live a life without the companion of a partner or a spouse. We need to hear our instincts, otherwise we go crazy.
>>
>>6556525
Priests take the vow of celibacy voluntarily, anon. In my personal opinion, I think priestly celibacy is an important part of the function of the clergy, since it allows them to focus their energy on being a father for the parish, rather than being torn between their duties to their family and their congregation.
>>
>>6556560
It was a practice started in the day and age when voluntarily remaining celibate was considered adultery and could get you stoned to death, to allow pedophiles to fuck little children on the side, since they weren't allowed to marry them as young as they liked them.
>>
>>6556579
How boring. When will we see another titan like Nietzsche, instead of this unhistorical anti-religious conjecture fueled by nothing more than envy?
>>
>>6556560
What about reverends? They seem to live normal lives.
And funny note: I have like 5 or 6 years without sex/love making, and been constantly thinking about been held after making love. I guess it's because I'm afraid of what my family will say.
>>
>>6556585
Probably as soon as you find a more concise way to say absolutely nothing.
>>
>>6556617
I visited an Anglican church while in another country once, and the priest was a friendly guy. He wanted to have a conversation with me and pray for me, but he also had to look after his two young daughters who were running around the church. Both responsibilities were hampered by each other. I don't mean this in a cruel way, but I think it made me see why the Catholics, and other religions, make the difference in vocations so clear.
Besides, I think Protestant reverends are often only in that role on sundays (I might be wrong?), whereas Catholic priests work full-time.
>>6556624
Better than plain falsehood.
>>
>>6556635
But everything I've said has been the exact opposite of falsehood. You and your kind are the only ones that ever peddle falsehoods you worthless infection.
>>
>>6556679
As soon as you find a provide a source showing that Christian celibacy was created for the purpose of childfucking.
Already it makes no sense though, given that pederasty was prevalent during the Roman era in which Christianity originated, so why would they need such a round-about way of doing things if they wanted to? Not to mention it was the Christian influence that led to its decriminalization under Emperor Constantine. Were they merely pretending to be anti-pedo so no one would suspect they actually fuck kids in secret?
>>
>>6556698
*criminalization
not decriminalization
>>
>>6556635
Yes, they work on sundays. You have a point. Are you religious? Also lgbt? If so, I'd like to know how you cope with that. For me, it's sometimes up and sometimes down.
>>
>>6556698
But I don't have to do any of your bullshit. I don't care about anything you'll ever say. Every real person that will ever read my opinions on the matter will already know these things are true, and just need a little reminder. The worthless little liars like you are just shit, that's all.
>>
>>6556729
Yeah, I'm in a bit of a period of agnosticism about everything lol. Don't know what direction I should take. I grew up secular but I converted to Catholicism after some time flirting with the idea. I can live under its moral instruction for gays to be celibate just fine, as long as I believe in the rest, as long as I'm doing something fulfilling. But it's very hard for me to find certainty on anything, whether that's being nonreligious or Christian, or what I should pursue in my education or career. I have OCD so it probably doesn't help, makes me have such a high standard for certainty.

Sorry about the blog, it's just something I often feel I have to justify myself for.

When you say sometimes up and sometimes down, do you mean you are religious and LGBT?
>>
>>6556759
Don't worry about, I'm glad you share your ideas with me.

I'm catholic since birth, but not that religious. It's just that I have a hard time because I hide who I really am because of the consecuences. For instance, I know my mom would be accepting, dad on the other hand would flip out and desown me and say something like "you're not child of mine anymore". He is the religious one.
>>
>>6556834
I'm sorry to hear that man. In that way I'm lucky to have been brought up in a more liberal family since I don't have to fear that, but I still haven't come out to my parents lol.
It makes me annoyed that many parents would react that way, because the Catechism of the Church acknowledges that homosexual attraction isn't willed.

>2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
>>
>>6556876
It's cool that you're family is liberal anon.
> Homosexuality is a condition
It's funny cause I always thought that.
Anyways, sometimes I think that the love of my life will appear someday and everything will be fine.
Sometimes I think I can be fine with celibacy like you said, doing something fulfilling.
But sometimes, I think I would be better off dead. Makes me sad that all the people I find attractive don't feel the other way around. I don't know, maybe it's a sign that I'm destined to live a life of celibacy.
>>
>>6556927
>Makes me sad that all the people I find attractive don't feel the other way around. I don't know, maybe it's a sign that I'm destined to live a life of celibacy.
I know that feel too well. Though probably a lot of straight guys feel this way about their oneitis girls they'll never get to be with. Gays just have it worse off in the numbers game. And grindr doesn't really satisfy the opportunity or need for relationships. But it feels more hopeless, like just why man.
Hope things work out well for you anon. If I end up praying again, I hope it is okay if I do so for you
>>
>>6556945
Thank you, that is very nice of you.
You know what? I feel like praying after talking to you. It was a very enlightening read. Thank you anon. Take care.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.