[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe that sexuality is a scale? If you do agree that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: scale.png (73 KB, 645x232) Image search: [Google]
scale.png
73 KB, 645x232
Do you believe that sexuality is a scale?
If you do agree that it is a scale, why then is gender any different. (Not to imply that one must influence the other.)

I really wanna talk about this without just bitching about bandwagoners or tumblrinas looking for attention. I know they're out there, I know they're attack helicopters. They're easy to laugh at, the hard part is nailing down what the two genders really are, if they're as set in stone as we're lead to believe.

What is hard and fast about the male gender?
What is hard and fast about the female gender?
What explains those 'men and women' who don't adhere to those qualities?

From my point of view, it seems to make a lot more sense to feel different than it does to 'feel like a woman' or 'feel like a man'.
I mean, you never were raised male or female, so how could you know what a woman is feeling, right?
>>
I would agree that there can be sexual fluidity but I would deny any kind of "scale" as I beleive people differ too much to justify such generalizations.
>>
>>6555270
Would spectrum be better than?
Bit hard to come up with a term that doesn't put male at one end and female at the other.

You get my point, though.
>>
>>6555288
I'm attracted to people, not genders.
>>
File: breeders pls go.png (92 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
breeders pls go.png
92 KB, 400x338
>>6555299
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>6555299
How is that relevant?
>>
>>6555318
do you have the full version of this comic ?
>>
Sort of. The scale model just accounts for differences in intensity of attraction (i.e. like my friend who is bi but prefers women to men at like an 80/20 ratio). I also think asexuality can be real (I'm dubious of the amount of asexuals on tumblr, though), but that they should only count as LGBT if they romantically pursue someone of the same gender.
>>
File: bis can't handle the bantz.png (1 MB, 686x6047) Image search: [Google]
bis can't handle the bantz.png
1 MB, 686x6047
>>6555493
>>
>>6555507
Ace people kinda piss me off. They aren't oppressed in any way, but they want to be recognized as one of us and helped out and supported by us? They don't need any of the resources, they arent visible, they're just ridiculous. Go make your friends and have platonic love or whatever, but don't whine when i dont give a shit about your problems.
>>
>>6555533
I understand. That's why I think only people in relationships with people of their same gender should count as LGBT. They're still gay, just without the sex. The straight ones and the ones that don't want relationships shouldn't count as LGBT.
>>
>>6555513
aren't LGBT meeting groups traditionally composed of allies, bi's and transtrenders?
>>
>>6555605
Also allies kek. There was pride in my city recently and on the webpage it had "lbgt+the entire alphabet pride" and below that they said what all the letters stood for. They said the A in it stood for allies. I'd forgive ace, even though i dont think they belong, but ally pride is kinda funny...
>>
Is there a name for mansexuals?
Regardless of what sex I am. I like men.
Because if I could shape shift between the two at will then I fucking would all the time. Some days a manly lumberjack type. Other days a mysterious dark haired Latina woman and maybe something in between on the weekends.
Also I've asked all of my straight male friends and about 70% of them would be lesbians. I don't get why it would matter at that point if everyone could shape shift.
>>
Sexuality is a scale, based on aggregate behavior and sexual thoughts.

Gender is a biological fact, almost always decided on a binary by genetically determined structure.
>>
File: 8ohafiuas9f.jpg (32 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
8ohafiuas9f.jpg
32 KB, 626x626
>>6555253
Maybe i just need help unerstanding this, but how would you know?
Like for instance, nothings telling me im male but my dick and other physical features.
Nothing in my brain is telling me im a dude, so for the people saying they are a different gender, what is telling them mentally that they are?
>>
>>6555634
That reminds me of how my school had an LGBT month and the kick off event was an "Ally Pride" event and people were really fucking pissed.
>>
>Do you believe that sexuality is a scale?
>If you do agree that it is a scale, why then is gender any different.
No matter your perspective, this is whats called an insufficient argument
>>
>>6556940
not op but for me it's dysphoria. i've always felt somehow wrong as a male and it's like i've always felt like when i look in a mirror i'm not looking at myself, i feel like it's not me. i've always had this weird phantom limb type thing where i feel like i almost have a vagina but i don't? it took a long time to figure any of this shit out and why i felt it and it's really hard to explain if you don't feel it yourself.
>>
>>6557033
Honestly the way you described it, it literally sounds like a mental disorder.
Not trying to be an asshole, and i might just be completely ignorant to the topic but it honestly sounds like something that could be diagnosed.
>>
>>6557038
i mean even if it is a mental disorder it's not to the point where i have a problem functioning in life or i'm totally batshit crazy or anything? yeah it'd be cool if something just made me not feel like this but hormones are the best i can do right now and i'm starting to slowly feel less dissociated with myself if that makes sense
>>
>>6557038
> but it honestly sounds like something that could be diagnosed

Yeah it's called Gender Dysphoria, it's in the current DSM

Basically it's cured by transitioning. The reason being trans isn't considered a mental disorder is because GD is and transition (what makes a person trans to the world) is the only "cure" for the condition.
>>
>>6557074
What about if somebody feels they are neither male or female?
Is that still GD?
>>
>>6557125
honestly i have no idea because i don't feel that way so i don't know how that feels. it kinda sounds strange but then again plenty of people think me being mtf is bullshit because don't know how that feels. so idk desu
>>
>>6557125
According to the DSM yes, Gender Dysphoria is more about how your birth sex hormones and sex characteristics make you feel above anything else, if live as an androgyny would make you legitimately feel better then that would be your transition
>>
>>6555253

>notice how the lesbians only go up to 5 while gays go up to 6
>>
>>6556910
No, that's retarded.

>>6556921
I mean in that, it's not a radical notion to be think of 'bisexuality' as more than a 50/50 split, men to women.
>>
I think sexuality is on a scale yeah, gender though never thought about that. I guess it can I'd suppose.
>>
>>6557157
fucking secret breeder bitch still wants male feet
>>
>>6555253
Because if I strip down 1000 people, and I spread their legs, I will see either a penis or a vagina(hemophrodites and traumas aside)

Sexuality is a scale, gender is the description of what role in reproduction you you take part in.

Gender is your body. There are only two genders, get over it.

Sexuality, yea, that's a whole specturm and whatever, because it depends on your psyche, social conditions, personal conditioning and so on.
>>
>>6564825
>gender is the description of what role in reproduction you you take part in.
Finally someone gets it
>>
>>6555513
>Things that never happened: The Comic.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.