[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you respond to this guys argument on homosexuality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: 2016-07-12 21.22.47.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-12 21.22.47.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
How would you respond to this guys argument on homosexuality. The video was two female portuguese fans celebrating and then making out (you can find it if you google it)

Pic related.
>>
File: 2016-07-12 21.21.31.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-12 21.21.31.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>6549325
>>
>>6549325
The shit you blocked out was definitely you saying it's better than two men kissing.
Kill yourself.
>>
Appeal to nature is a logical fallacy. If your friend doesn't know what a logical fallacy is, he's an idiot.

also, why did you black out all of your messages?
>>
>>6549325
Pretty much everything people do now is unnatural. Who cares. You could bring up that animals have gay sex a lot, and it's pretty common in nature.
Also why would you block out your own messages?
>>
>>6549325
Homosexuality occurs in nature. Using a toaster is more "against nature" than homosexuality is. And it's illogical to claim that something is bad because it's unnatural, or good because it's natural.
>>
>>6549335
>>6549377
Dialect was just poor and embarrassing.
>>
File: 2016-07-12 22.15.16.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-12 22.15.16.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>6549410
>>
>>6549414
>okay with lesbians
>hates gays
this is why a lot of people that dislike homosexuality make me cringe so hard.
>>
>>6549426
>this is why a lot of people that dislike homosexuality make me cringe so hard.

You have to pity the cognitive dissonance and lack of self awareness.

>I hate gay men, but women are fine because it turns me on.
>>
>>6549426
I personally don't hate gays. I'm just trying to understand the community better so i came to this board. It's not fair the suffering LGBT people go through.
>>
- Homosexuality occurs in nature. It might be hard to argue that gay people are born gay, since that's an entirely subjective experience that can't be quantified. Nonetheless, it would be pretty unreasonable to believe that all LGBT people the world over are just making this shit up despite the persecution they have to deal with for it.
- Nature and morality are two very different things, and one does not dictate the other. Nature is literally just a bunch of random mutations that culminate in qualities that benefit a species, cause a species to die out, or are totally neutral and neither further nor hinder a species' survival. Homosexuality clearly does not hinder our survival since the world is approaching overpopulation as is.
- Morality is entirely subjective. The notion that morality is actually objective is in itself a subjective belief.

But I doubt I would waste my time with this person. I'd probably just excommunicate and move on.
>>
>>6549447
Someone not wanting to see two guys kiss is hardly an example of our suffering. There's other real problems that a lot of us have to go through; I don't think this is that big of an issue. I just think it's funny that they're that much of a hypocrite about it.
>>
>>6549482
By suffering i mean everything from coming to terms with their sexuality, coming out, being disowned by family, being kicked out, transitioning, to remarks and being assaulted even murdered.
>>
>>6549472
Do you think people are born gay? I mean i only know of my own experience and those whom i read. Being born gay...nature vs nurture.
>>
>>6549518
>Do you think people are born gay?

Yes, and I'll leave the discussion at that. I have no interest in a long-winded debate on the subject.
>>
>>6549532
I guess there's plenty of debates on the topic elsewhere on the internet, i would disagree since it's more of nurture in my experience eventhough i belive its nature most of the time (being born gay)
>>
File: 1461185997363.jpg (609 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1461185997363.jpg
609 KB, 2000x2000
>>6549518
Gays have been told for 30 years that they were 'born this way'. That's a lie. 'Born this way' was invented by the gay lobby as a run-around of the religious right. The religious right was saying that homosexuality was a sinful lifestyle choice, and then the gay lobby invented the 'gay gene'. They said "we're born this way"... it really has no basis in science at all.
>>
>>6549414
see my original post
>>6549335

you're a cunt.
>>
>>6549447
>I personally don't hate gays

then grow the fuck up and tell your friend he's being a homophobic prick.

Gays made the clothes he wears, gays helped make the food he eats, gays helped build the house he lives in.
Homosexuality has positively affected his life whether he likes to admit it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQODXU0UtU
>>
File: cover.jpg (280 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
280 KB, 500x500
>>6549325
>how would you respond
I wouldn't.

People can try and be as rational about it as they wish, call it natural or unnatural. Ultimately, how you react to it is all a matter of feeling, and one will use all their "logic" to back it up, whether you support homosexuality or not.
I've seen way too many people clearly disgusted and uninformed (and you might even add 'scared') about homosexuality, using the "it's against nature!" argument in a hysteric manner with they themselves wanting to believe they were being logical.

The guy says it's wrong and thus refuses to acknowledge their kiss as a celebration of love. But his reasoning doesn't really support his stance and I doubt he could give anything more substantial beyond that.

Tl, dr: don't bother, carry on
>>
>>6549722
Do you have any actual evidence that homosexuality isn't at all influenced by genetics? Claims that it is impossible to be "born gay" because our purpose is to reproduce don't count because they're really just philosophy, not science, and they're built on the faulty assumption that nature always "works properly", which it doesn't.
>>
File: beee.jpg (60 KB, 464x283) Image search: [Google]
beee.jpg
60 KB, 464x283
>>6549722
See this little fucker right here? It's a worker bee that evolved to not be able to reproduce. Not natural what?
>>
>>6549722
There is no gay gene, no one reasonable ever said there was. The current thing seems to be hormonal shit happening in the pre-natal stage. Pretty much just random, really.
>>
File: 1465001088961.png (167 KB, 398x269) Image search: [Google]
1465001088961.png
167 KB, 398x269
>this is what normies consider an "argument"
Is this why they always get really antsy talking about menial things?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.