[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Straightfag here. From my own anecdotal evidence, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
Straightfag here.

From my own anecdotal evidence, I've noticed a lot of LGBT people had poor or non-existent relationships with their fathers.

Is this the case with you, and do you think this has any influence on whether someone turns out to be LGBT?
>>
I'm a bi FTM.

My father died when my mom was pregnant so I obviously didn't have a relationship with him, but I lived with my grandfather for the first 13 years of my life and he was my father figure.

I don't think it had any effect on my gender or sexual orientation. I believe that it might have some affect - not on sexuality, but the type of person they choose to have a relationship with - and it probably would have an effect on a person's gender (and how they view gender), trans or not. Overall, I believe you have an innate sexuality (sometimes it takes people a long time to figure out their sexuality) and transgenderism is caused by a lot of different things, not just the father/child relationship.
>>
>>6547805
>I've noticed a lot of LGBT people had poor or non-existent relationships with their fathers

most people do
dads are meant to protect the wife and kids during pregnancy and the early years of childhood
then die defending them or leave to impregnate more young women.
men are not meant to be trapped in monogamous relationships, and end up getting stressed and despondent
>>
>>6547805

I had a good relationship with my father as an infant and toddler. Then I started estranging myself from my parents because I thought my presence was harmful to others.
>>
I had a good relationship with my father until I realized I was a fag tbqh
>>
>>6547843
I'll bite, I guess.
Most statistics show that fatherless children do much much worse in life than children with fathers. So, yeah fathers are pretty important, and yes they're meant to raise children too.
>>
>>6551538
Oh, I think that I misread what you were saying, sorry.
>>
File: hbsimmonsrichardnew.gif (74 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
hbsimmonsrichardnew.gif
74 KB, 500x683
>>6547805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r14G0btWSiw
>>
File: 1467353170842.jpg (15 KB, 261x191) Image search: [Google]
1467353170842.jpg
15 KB, 261x191
i had an interesting relationship with my father. it was never bad but periodically he was in and out of my life because of a violent divorce. i guess its a genetic thing as well, because hes incredibly distant and apathetic (much like me) i still talk to him pretty regularly but for most of my life hes seemed more like a friend than a father figure. its weird yo
>>
>>6547805
It's kind of hard to not have a poor relationship with your father, if he's always trying to butch you up and insulting you for being a fairy. Growing up, I just gave up on him, and couldn't stand to be around him, because I wasn't a "boy" like my older and younger brothers
>>
>>6547805
I have a rather distant relationship with my dad, it's mostly because I've tried to bring up the subject and he always seems really anti gay, not like I hate them they all nead to die. More of I think they are wrong but there isn't much I can do about it. If I was totally self reliant I would tell him but he still pays for my schooling, I know it's shallow but I would never be able to pay for school on my own so I just end up not saying anything to my dad about it and mostly live with my mom (divorced FYI) or bf or friends houses.
>>
>>6547805
The ethnic population in the US with the largest % of gays in it is also the same one with the highest % of absentee fathers. I've seen some progressive types try to spin this fact in such a way to suggest that this is b/c somehow this demographic is more enlightened towards gays than any other group but the fact that this group also commits the highest % of hate crimes against gays says otherwise. So, this seems to support where you are coming from; although, someone ending up LGBT seems to come from both nature and nurture. No one has yet to pin point any singular or specific combinations that result in homo-ness.
>>
File: mfw.png (826 KB, 584x623) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
826 KB, 584x623
I have a decent relationship with my father, but at the same time I'm in the closet because he's a conservative Christian dude that complains about the gays a lot. Oh well, can't be helped
>>
Bi here, i have a great relationship with my dad.
We aren't overly close but he is super supportive and hepful same with my mom.
They both work super hard and had long hours when i was younger so we just didn't spend as much time together.

They are great parents
>>
>>6547805
MtF here. My dad is like my best friend. He's the only person that I feel like I can go to for anything and everything no matter what it is.
>>
>>6552761
>I didn't spend much time with them
>They're great
>>
Bisex dude here.

My father is a generally decent guy that makes most people uncomfortable after a while with his aggressive "dad humor" and OCD personality.

We get along okay, but we're not especially close.

>do you think this has any influence on whether someone turns out to be LGBT?

I think it's far more likely that being LGBT leads to poor relationship with fathers and other family members, rather than the other way around. Parents not being accepting of their gay kids, etc.
>>
>>6547805
I had/have a good relationship with my Dad. Keeping shtum about being bent in order to keep it that way.
>>
>>6547843
>attacks monogamy
gay male slut confirmed
>>
Most fathers except recent ones are distant and to some degree abusive. It's just how it is, it was the things to do back then, get married and have children, regardless of being fit to be a parent.
>>
>>6547805
Well I have a pretty damn good relationship with my father, though my being gay is something that causes some slightly awkward friction.
>>
File: 1457196713473.jpg (162 KB, 680x796) Image search: [Google]
1457196713473.jpg
162 KB, 680x796
>ywn be attachment-parented by your dad and grow up to be a happy normie
>>
>>6547805
I think that causation here is unclear

One of the things conservative fathers of gay sons mention is that the feeling of negation towards them is mutual, meaning that it's not just the fathers who reject their child based on their behavior but also the child who doesn't accept their father as a role model, and this effect shows up from an extremely young age. It could be that being predisposed to being gay (since there is obviously a neurobiological aspect) causes people to have worse relationships with their fathers, and that may make them less likely to maintain good relationships with them.

As for myself, my relationship with my dad wasn't that bad. He taught me how to ride a bike and took me fishing and pushed me towards doing sports and learning how to fight, things like that. He drank a bit too much alcohol and would mistreat my mom, so they got divorced when I was 8. I still lived in the same town as him and saw him often so our relationship was still somewhat close during that time. He forbade me from doing overly feminine things and criticized me for displaying weakness, which I disliked about our relationship. I would say that I loved him and he would tell me that same, but we were also not overly affectionate with each other. By the time I started exploring my sexuality and especially using the internet, I already had a slight disposition for submissive gay stuff. When I was 13 my mom asked me if I wanted to move countries and I agreed knowing it will basically terminate my relationship with him. It was kinda sad at the airport but I felt like I made a good decision. In hindsight I think that I never really looked up to him that much since he wasn't particularly successful or virtuous, so leaving didn't seem like a bad idea.

Years later now I'm a submissive femboy and he resents me, especially since I'm his only child and his 'lineage' is going to end.
>>
My relationship with my dad is really complicated. My dad would have sex with me and then try to make up for it by buying me things. Everyone thought he was a great dad, he was our scout master and little league coach. He would take me fishing and camping and play catch and buy me toys and we went on great vacations or the beach. And what ever I was interested in he backed, when I was in theater he made the best set pieces the school had ever seen and when I was in to hockey he never missed a game and help fund raise enough to send almost half the team out of state. But he also liked little boys, and I know he struggled really hard trying to to give into his temptation. He would tell me sorry and how it wouldn't happen again but it always did. And I feel bad because I used his weakness against him, when I wanted a new iPhone and he said no, I told him he could fuck me, something he always wanted to do but was too afraid to.

Now I don't know if it is because I am no longer a little boy or if he just wants to keep temptation away but he sent me off to college out of state and pays for everything. I feel bad because it has kinda made me a spoiled bitch and I am constantly burning through his money and asking for more. But yeah, my relationship with me dad is fucked up.
>>
>>6556418
Damn dude that almost reads like a fapfic

What is your sexuality and expression like?
>>
>>6547805
I have poor relationship (i.e. no contact for the past 10 years) with my father, and he was an alcoholic, but I think it was fapping with pedophiles on yahoo chat, including webcam both ways, when I was 10-14, had much more of an influence than anything else possibly could have. I don't even know if that's why this happened.

Have you considered maybe, that having a good relationship with your father doesn't make someone straight, but rather, that it makes LGBT people stay closeted in fear of their father's reaction?
>>
>>6547805
I have a good relationship with both my mom and dad. And I believe sexual orientation is determined in utero. It's not environmentally triggered and it's not solely genetics, but a mixture of genes and the environment in the womb.
>>
>>6556423
>fapping with pedophiles at 10yrs old made me gay
have you ever thought that maybe better parenting would have kept you from doing that?
>>
>>6556437
non-sequitur much?
>>
>>6556450
not according to George Takei.
>>
>>6547805
I'm bi MTF and I have a good relationship with both of my parents and most of my family.
>>
Pedophilia is created by molestation, not homosexuality. The sex to which a pedophile is attracted to is only incidental. The attraction to younger aged people is what is pathological. Molesters are often what crate the aberration of pedophilia in other molesters. Molestation does not cause homosexuality. this is either bait or you're a ninkumpoop.
>>
>>6556450
It's not bait, it happened to me. I've got no pedophilic tendencies of my own, whatsoever. That shit makes me fucking sick. Nice meme-ing though.
>>6556442
I don't think this is what OP was talking about when he was talking about the quality of parenting.
My parents were also fine, when I was in my childhood (my father didn't shit it all up until after I was 14). They were just not as good at technology as me, and I was able to hide this shit from them effectively. I was smart about it, I was my own downfall in that regard. I didn't say it made me gay either, I just said -maybe- it did, or maybe it contributed. It's more likely than my father's parenting skills.

Only thing they could have done better prior to my father shitting it up, would have been to not buy a computer and not hook it up to the internet.
>>
File: peace of mind.png (15 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
peace of mind.png
15 KB, 512x480
>>6556459
What about the great George Takei?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkM3mKG1b44
>>
>>6556492
>It's not bait, it happened to me. I've got no pedophilic tendencies of my own, whatsoever. That shit makes me fucking sick. Nice meme-ing though.
>>>6556442
Then you were gay to begin with and looking for someone to blame for your gayness. No one is turned gay, you need to seriously see a psychotherapist to deal with your past traumas and also learn to accept that homosexuality is not a bad thing, you are attributing it to your molestation due to latent feeling soft homophobia, and if you can lay that at someone else's door then you feel as if you are excused from this "bad" thing. Such a facile argument.
>>
>>6556498
supposedly his first sexual experience was him being raped by a gay man at age 16.
>>
>>6547805
Out of pure curiosity why does this matter to you?

Do you have a love one who is gay or are you trying to decide how you feel about it based on our responses?
>>
>>6547805
You're not a straightfag. You're a straight infection. You can't be straight and a fag at the same time, and you can't be something that's the opposite of all value and worth such as straight and be a good and decent fag at the same time.
>>
>>6556481
When did I say that pedophiles made me homo? I said it's more likely than my father being shit lmao.
Hint: I think gayness is caused during development in the womb. We don't really know what causes it though. Wouldn't be surprised if there are many different causes. Maybe some are more susceptible than others, and it just takes shit like fapping and RPing with dudes (which is how -I- viewed it at the time) to push it over the edge. I personally think my desire at the time to do those things was because I -already- was homo and just didn't think about it.

In fact, I didn't even realize I was homo myself, until 17 or so. I thought "it wasn't IRL so it wasn't gay" and wondered why I had to fight to not get a boner in the locker room for some strange reason unknown to me. I was oblivious, but I at least did figure it out one day.
>>
>>6556527
>being this new (???, really?) or more likely being this obtuse
regardless, lurk moar.
>>
>>6556516
He never said that made him gay dumbass.

You ever hear anyone talk about Mary Kay Letourneau possibly turning her student Vili Fualaau straight by having sex with him and molesting him and that maybe he was gay to begin with?

That is how retarded this conversation is, being molested does not change which sex you are attracted to. It's left over bullshit from the 50's that gay men "recuit" other men and thats the only reason homosexuality stays alive. No one ever touched me or recruited me.

Stop perpetuating bunk science and adding conjecture into what Takei said.
>>
>>6556538
No. Eat shit you meme factory.
>>
>>6556541
you are obviously repressing being molested as a child and use being a homo as your coping mechanism. you should seek help.
>>
>>6556514
You are such a fucking retard. Develop some reading comprehension skills and read this post: >>6556532 which I was writing before I even saw this one >>6556514 posted.

You must have some issues you're projecting my friend. For the record I am fine. I just hate pedos with a passion, that is all. You must be smoking some seriously good shit if you gathered from what I wrote, that I "need [...] to learn to accept that homosexuality is not a bad thing"

I like being a homo and see nothing wrong with it. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if you're projecting your own (perhaps past?) issues.
>>
>>6556549
Stop replying to yourself you loli worshiping cuck.
>>
>>6556549
I have spent my entire academic career studying psychology. I know way more than you ever will, and I was never touched as a child, as I was constantly around my mother. No male would have had the opportunity.
>>
>>6556553 here
>>6556514

P.S. I can tell it's a big issue for you considering how horribly you twisted my words and their meanings in order to explode in verbal diarrhea about your problems.
>>
File: the bayou.jpg (6 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
the bayou.jpg
6 KB, 450x360
>>6556553
Can we cuddle behind a shack in the Louisiana Bayou and eat mudbugs together beautiful?
>>
>>6556564
you are a special kind of stupid, aren't you.
>>
File: your post.jpg (165 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
your post.jpg
165 KB, 1366x768
>>6556569
Read the file name :3
Also next time try to come up with some sort of coherent argument. You're just being juvenile now.
>>6556568
Sounds romantic, what do mudbugs taste like? What are those anyway? Crawfish or something like that?
>>
>>6556562
Did it make you angry at men when you saw your mother having sex with her boyfriends? Did you feel betrayed by her when one of them touched you "down there?"
>>
>>6552988
They worked really hard to provide me and my 3 brothers with full rides to college, and still were there to make us dinner at night.
Now ones an accountant, an engineer, and it consultant.
>>
>>6556586
>Now ones an accountant, an engineer, and it consultant.
What are you?
t. curious observer
>>
>>6556532
>I think gayness is caused during development in the womb.

It's extremely likely that there is a significant genetic component to it, but there's not much out there that strongly points to a specific genetic element.

Another huge factor in any sort of sexual identity is going to be environment. People will be more likely to explore their homosexual fantasies/lifestyle if they feel like it's "legitimate" (i.e., not a mental illness, sick perversion, passing phase, etc.). Your tastes are your tastes, but the way you come to understand and express your tastes is influenced by society.
>>
>>6547805
My dad and brother were literal bullies, and my dad only spanked his "sons". My sister and mom were always nice though. mtf btw.
>>
>>6547805
>I've noticed a lot of LGBT people had poor or non-existent relationships with their fathers.

You have to consider the etiology of the strained relationship and be careful not to confuse correlation with causation when you're looking at stuff like this.

For instance, perhaps in many cases, the reason why the father and child had a poor relationship was because the child was gay. In the case of gay/trans males, many tend to be rather effeminate in childhood - perhaps the father picked up on this early and this is what strained the relationship. The kid was already gay - it wasn't the father's doing.

That's just one example of how arguments like this can get misconstrued. You also need to consider the vast multitude of children who had strained or non-existent relationships with their fathers and turned out to be straight and cisgender. As well as the those who turned out to be gay/trans and had good relationships.

Most scientists who study human sexuality believe homosexuality (not sure about gender expression - haven't studied it) is epigenetic, meaning that both genes and environment play a role, so a parental relationship may play a factor, but there are dozens, probably hundreds of other variables at play (pre-natal hormone exposure, genetic makeup, early childhood sexual experiences, imprinting, etc.). You can't simply nail it down to one factor, such as a shitty paternal relationship.

I'm a gay male and my dad and I had a great relationship. So who knows.
>>
>>6547805
unpassing bi abdl tranny freak here. father was abusive every way except sexually throughout childhood and adolescence. I'm sure it's a factor in how fucked-up I am.
>>
>>6560302
You don't have to be careful at all. The "le dad u gay!" meme is obvious bullshit and has been for at least 200 years. Just point out that the person vomiting it is a liar repeatedly.
>>
>>6547805
I'm trans.
I have a great relationship with both of my parents, a great relationship with my sisters, and a good relationship with distant family, and plenty of supportive friends. I've had a fairly easy life tbqh.
I can't speak for everyone in the LGBT, but I can show my case as one proving you don't NEED a difficult life to end up homo or trans.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.