[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:Coming out to parents tips Pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x630
ITT:Coming out to parents tips

Pic unrelated
>>
My advice: wait until you have a BF.

I did that, and instead of saying I was gay I let it be known/didn't hide that i had a bf. Things went smooth as fuck. With a bf, everyone takes it seriously, and parents are especially prone to not taking it seriously or trying to ignore it.

On top of it, if all goes sour you still have your bf to save the day.
>>
>>6544689
Thanks for the advice anon , and i do have a bf but its long distance so my mother doesnt hear of him often , so any advice there?
>>
>>6544689
Also I didn't even make a big deal of it. I acted super casual as if nothing was wrong or odd or different. That attitude can really help steer things in a positive direction, and you won't look like you're doing it for attention.
>>
>>6544701
Can do , im usually like that in every situation
>>
>>6544699
Any chance of it going from online to IRL any time in the forsee able future?

You could still simply not hide it, e.g. if you get asked if you have a gf say you have a bf, such cases.

Or next time they ask "so when are you going to get a gf son?" or something like that, you could open up. It works best with an IRL bf but still, you can apply it.
>>
>>6544718
Sounds good anon
But i never get asked this shit because my mom likes to lay off asking me things because of my depression and is afraid that she will stress me out , but i have some ideas
>>
>>6544674
Take steps and time to figure out for yourself what's going on. If you're gay, take steps to date men. If you're trans, then try thinking about yourself differently, try to modify your behavior and appearance to fit what you'd like. Take a few steps into it yourself before you tell them.

Know their general opinions on the subject matter and appeal to them. Expect misunderstandings. Getting thrown out/treated like shit for this stuff happens, so be prepared for the possibility.
>>
>>6544689
Tfw I had a boyfriend I was proud of and wanted to introduce him to my parents.
Then I moved home after graduating and he turned into a manipulative cunt.

He now sends me pics of him and his new boyfriend, I think to piss me off?
I don't know.
>>
>>6544761
Thanks for the advice anon
Ive been doing that for a month now
Now its just the big reveale
>>
>>6544815
You should block his number. What a fag lol. Or just send him random pics of some giant cock and be like "muh new bf :DDD"
>>
>>6544905
Hahaha yeah
Make that cunt jealous
>>
>>6544905
Or even with him and his friends laughing at his new "catch" in a lil video clip when showing his pictures :3:3:3
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 836x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 836x678
>>6544674
OP here
So any more straight foward tips
>>
>>6544674
just start crossdressing openly.
>>
Having a "coming out" event is for figurative fags. It's unnecessary drama.

When I was 19, my mum joking asked me why I was embaressed to bring girls home because she'd never met anyone I'd dated and I just said, matter of factly, "because i date guys, but nothing serious enough to bring them home to meet you."

You don't have to announce it to anyone or explain yourself. If someone asks you, tell them if you want.
>>
>>6547177
coming out is about stopping people assuming you're straight by default.

or if you're bi, stopping them assuming you're gay if they see you with a guy.
>>
>>6544689
tfw no bf
the feels
>>
>>6547177

W E W
E
W

sure must be nice being so insulated from real life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.