[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: gun blast.jpg (883 KB, 1238x828) Image search: [Google]
gun blast.jpg
883 KB, 1238x828
What do you say or do to stave off depression and suicide?

I say to myself,

"Death will come. May as well stick around, see what happens."

but it's painful!

"Pain? It's only pain."
>>
>>6542345
>> What do you say or do to stave off depression and suicide?
> wake up
> think about suicide
> maybe cry
> move on
>>
>>6542345
Nothing. It has been harder to cope as I got older and more of my life has passed by. At this point I am just waiting to make it look like an accident.
>>
>>6542345

I used to tell myself something similar to not transition when I was in middle school. Dumb ass choice.
>>
File: jeffreestarskull.jpg (14 KB, 236x307) Image search: [Google]
jeffreestarskull.jpg
14 KB, 236x307
>>6542345
>May as well stick around

This
>>
>>6542345
It usually goes away for a few days when I notice that I'm just not brave enough to actually do it.
>>
>>6549880
So what you're trying to say is... telling ourselves we may as well live and see what happens is a "dumb ass choice"?
>>
>>6549917

No. Can you not parse context? It was a dumb ass choice to hold myself back that way. Whether you want to kill yourself is your choice.
>>
weed and occasionally ket
hash works wonders at putting me to sleep and giving me crazy vivid dreams where I have no awareness of myself so I don't get dysphoric
>>
>>6542345
Do what I did: see a fucking doctor!

Tell your doctor you have these thoughts, they'll put you on happy pills.

But, my family has a history of clinical depression and my doctor had talked with my mother and her sister before talking with me and prescribing antidepressants.
>>
>>6549946

My bad, I thought you were trying to make a parallel. :\
>>
>>6550011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqpjgZyWI98

: - )
>>
>>6550040
>>>>>anti-depressants
anti-depressants are an EXCELLENT way of permanently fucking up your brain ....
.... they are for weak people. rather than popping pills, try not shitting your pants when things get hard.
start lifting and do proper workouts , get your testosterone levels up it'll do wonders.....
>>
>>6550067

I apologize too. I was kind of snappy.
>>
>>6550040
> be 18 year old me
> feels sad all the time
> see a doctor
> he says its my fault I'm sad all the time
> dismisses every thing I say
> give me a prescription for paxil
> they work for maybe a month
> thoughts returned in full force
> but this time am really happy about wanting to kill myself
> also I sleeped 14 hours a day and I couldn't come to orgasm
Overall I'd say only take the pills if you've tried everything else. So now I just workout and go drink with my friends
>>
>>6550305
Exactly this, taking anti-depressants can seriously fuck up your brain permanently.
Fuck everything about that shit.
>>
>>6542345
It sounds cheesy but think about the people who love you. One of the reasons I haven't offed myself it because it would destroy my parents
>>
File: lexapro.jpg (23 KB, 625x393) Image search: [Google]
lexapro.jpg
23 KB, 625x393
Well it's not working anymore as it used to do.

But i've been on it for 5 months and welp, better than nothing.

I don't kill myself because i want to do it with a gun, and my third world shithole banned all guns.
>>
>>6542345
the tiny chance of science getting really good and making me really happy plus my fear of death make it kind of impossible, even though I hate myself so much
I don't necessarily want to die, I just want to be put in stasis for a while, where I can either just sleep or play video games for a long time and then wake up in a better world
>>
>>6550781
I have a 12 gauge shotgun and will probably end myself if i can figure out how to cushion the blow. I may just slut it up until I get aids. After that I will go deep into the woods and splatter my brain.
>>
Honestly my reasons went from making my family sad or whatever to not wanting to cause a hassle for my parents. I mean even if I went peacefully and without a mess, they'd still have to pay a shit ton of money for funeral costs and such. And the rest of my family would have to make the 6 hour round trip just to bury the little bitch who couldn't handle life
>>
Cuddle wuddle my daki
>>
File: Raccooni.jpg (79 KB, 658x329) Image search: [Google]
Raccooni.jpg
79 KB, 658x329
handling depression is basically just taking care of yourself.
to be more specific, just try to distract yourself by doing anything/everything, even if you do bad at it. if it doesnt go well, then you at least have a story to tell.
you dont gotta do everything at once. take it in steps. wishing you all the best
>>
File: jamiedornantoplessbeach.jpg (80 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
jamiedornantoplessbeach.jpg
80 KB, 500x561
>>6542345

i always say i will do it after i take a vacation.
then i save money and plan my vacation and take it.
then i'm not depressed when i'm on vacation and i realize i was depressed because i'm a slave.

currently looking for ways to not be a slave to cure my depression.

ideas?
>>
>> What do you say or do to stave off depression and suicide?
> Well my dad gives me depression and he sucks... basically he hates trans and think they should burn for being "sinners" and takes christian morality to the extreme.
>ignore him
>move on...
(arguing with him will likely get me kicked out of the house) can't have that happenin
>>
I reason that if life is truly without purpose and there is no reason to live, then simple logic dictates that such purposeless life must end.

However, I also reason that if others can continue to live then they must have some reason, purpose or drive that permits them the logic to refrain from that logical endpoint of suicide.

Therefore, if others can find a way to continue on, simply learn from them. It's the same thing for rape victims, people in prison or poverty, and people with crippling obesity. If there truly is no point and you have no power to restore your dignity, purpose or ego, then logic demands that you meet your end to prevent further suffering. However, we know that these things can be repaired, so that means that there is a path to take after all.

I might just be tearing my rhetoric out of my ass, but I hope I'm somewhat right. There are people more learned than myself who have been stumped by life's mysteries, so I doubt I have all the answers. I just hope I've got my point across.
>>
>>6542345
Stick around for the happening after November anon. No matter who wins the presidency there willbe shit going down.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.