[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has heard of Baphomet? I've been doing a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: baphomet-yuri-leitch[1].jpg (189 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
baphomet-yuri-leitch[1].jpg
189 KB, 465x700
Who here has heard of Baphomet?

I've been doing a bunch of reading about this deity for the past few days and one of the things it represents is the merging of male and female, portrayed by the it's duality and mixed features. It is very much like our own HRT-induced ambiguous bodies with tits.
Although it originates with false accusations of the Knights Templar centuries ago, the modern renditions and etymology point to 'baptism of wisdom'. It is a representation of the pursuit of knowledge, a turning away from God's decree of ignorance. Values which I reckon many of us hold dear.

It's particularly interesting to see the reaction to it from various Christian bloggers online. There's a surprising amount of voices conflating Baphomet with Satanism, and connecting it with the 'evils' of the contemporary transgender agenda, feminism, etc. I fully accept this characterization they present. As a proponent of knowledge through Materialism and the dissolution of theology and traditional conceptions, I think this deity captures my own values.

Does anyone want to come worship Baphomet with me?
>>
Baphomet is invented by enemies of the knights templar, to smear them.
The design is by Eliphas Levi.
This should really be all you need to know about it.

If you are interested in deities that encompasses duality, look towards Ardhanarishvara.
>>
>>6530710
Satanism kinda sounds too edgy. Reading this wiki article about LaVey I'm finding some stuff I normally support, but also a whole bunch of bullshit. The 'membership fee' is pretty kek worthy

It also doesn't talk about androgyny which is the main reason I wanted to post this here

>>6530747
Why is that all there is to know? It's all made up anyway, no reason why I shouldn't expand it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. It does represent the synthesis of masculine and feminine, but it seems more like it's characterized by a binary distinct, rather than a unified androgyny. Also there's no mention of wisdom, which I consider to be the most important characteristic, which is what made me like the idea of Baphomet
>>
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 1000x1000
>>6530672
> HRT-induced ambiguous bodies
Why does that make me think about Devilman
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.