[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has being gay cost you any friends or family? Do you miss them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: friends.jpg (25 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
25 KB, 480x270
Has being gay cost you any friends or family?

Do you miss them much, and do you think they will ever come around?
>>
>>6530094
>Has being gay cost you any friends or family?
no because I'm a closet case
>>
I only really talk to my mother and brother these days. My dad, sister and everybody else from my family wont even look at me anymore.

I was luckier with my friends though, they were all cool with it.
>>
It's actually costing me legal troubles right now just for hanging with my boyfriend at a gas station convenience store. I wish I could give the full details, but I'm too strung out to care anymore.
>>
I tried for 25 years to reconcile with my family. Totally rejected. 25 years of wasted effort. Decided last year not to spend another minute trying.
>>
>>6530195
I am quite curious, how is it costing you legal troubles? I understand if you don't want to go into it but I'd be quite grateful to have my curiosity sated.
>>
>>6530420
Charges of public indecency
>>
>>6530094
I'm open, and, no.. Not a single one.
>>
>>6530703
What does that mean? What country do you live in, and what exactly did you do?
>>
>>6530751
I was implying that the other poster had sex in public, and got caught. I don't actually know what happened.
>>
File: gay-couple-kiss-234.jpg (94 KB, 450x255) Image search: [Google]
gay-couple-kiss-234.jpg
94 KB, 450x255
>>6530094
No, it hasn't. My family and friends love me and they care about my happiness trumps whatever prejudices they have towards LGBT folk.
>>
My being gay hasn't cost me anything, but a lot of heterosexuals have proven that they're completely worthless, sure.
>>
>>6530894
People are people no matter what sexual orientation they have
>>
File: wave of fils.jpg (52 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
wave of fils.jpg
52 KB, 403x403
>>6530094
Lost both of my closest friends of six years because I came out and my parents say they don't care that im gay but in reality i know they are disappointed.(I still wonder about what would happen if i stayed closeted)
>>
>>6530926
Wrong. Heterosexuals are nothing but living infections.
>>
>>6530936
That's a might infectious attitude. Do all LGBT people act like living infections?
>>
>>6530944
That's the opposite of what I said. I can tell you're heterosexual because you're deceitful and retarded living dog shit.
>>
>>6530955
Such demeaning words. Are all LGBT people so demeaning?
>>
>>6530966
Only the good ones.
>>
>>6530984
I knew there was a reason why I liked you.
>>
File: 1333666124278.jpg (52 KB, 590x660) Image search: [Google]
1333666124278.jpg
52 KB, 590x660
Yeah, it has. I don't know why she has to be gay; it's a travesty.
>>
>>6530094
Unfortunately even though he keeps in contact with me like on birthdays and on holidays, a friend of 8 years stop coming to see me, he would talk about his girlfriends, and then I would talk about mine and he just kind of would look at me with this expression that I can't explain. He never said anything mean or hateful, I've just noticed the distance and the leaving me out of things. He used to have me along on every trip and now I hardly seem him, it sucks, but the great thing about being gay is you get to learn who your true friends are.

If someone would leave your side over a small a thing as being gay, what else would they abandon you over?
>>
Yeah, it has. Even though my parents said they accept it (my dad did at least, my mom cried at first) they still act different around me. Things are always awkward between us.

Same with my friends. The only person who treats me the same exact way is my lesbian friend. All of my guy friends stopped making sex jokes in front of me, they don't invite me to sleepovers anymore, and they've distanced themselves.

I regret coming out.
>>
File: Sly Dog.gif (567 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
Sly Dog.gif
567 KB, 500x206
Yeah, but none I care for much and mostly folks that still live in the levant area where my family come from.

I've received "damnation emails" from two or three, a cousin in Israel and one of my moms brothers who still live in the city I was born in.
>>
Lost a good friend I think, but he's a complete jerk anyway.
>>
Pretty much everyone I know has distanced themselves a bit other than two of my oldest friends that I've known pretty much my entire life.

Actually I don't mind my family kind of distancing themselves since I hated how my family had these annoying monthly gatherings with like 40+ family members. They were all pretty judgemental and try to pry into your life and only want you to do things the way they do them. Being able to tell my family to fuck off was a pretty good feeling and I think psychologically my mental state is a lot better without my family constantly intruding in my life.
>>
I lost my best friend of 12 years. The first real friend I made in school. I came out in Sixth Form and he shut me off completely without a word. I'd probably miss him if we'd had some huge argument or something, but if he's gonna flat out ignore my existence then he's clearly no longer worth my time.

Lost a few less-close friends too, which sucks, but I've always been more of a loner anyway so it's not devastating.
>>
Took a long time to come out, was not really sexually active so not much to talk about, but when I found the right one and got my shit together everybody I care about are fine with it really not a single problem with anybody, IMHO if somebody tells you who to love they are not your friend and if they are family that just sucks.
>>
I haven't had much contact with any of my friends after starting hormones, due to several factors. For one, I'm nervous meeting them and them seeing how much I've changed. At 6 months I went to a get-together and everyone was pretty stunned at how different I looked, granted they didn't know why.
It's now two years since then (2.5 since starting hormones) and I have only seen two people I knew from back then recently. They did a double take, didn't recognize me at first. Wide-eyed expression of shock/surprise. After that, things pretty much went back to normal and for the most part I was treated the way I always was by them, although slightly different. No longer treated like some dudebro. For the record I'm not trans either, I'm just a femboy who has been popping this shit.

The nucleus of my main friend group moved to California and pretty much all of us have gone our separate ways since. Many have kept contact with each other, I still talk with them as normal online, only a couple know that I've been popping hormones and they're the ones I knew wouldn't care. I'm nervous about meeting any of them IRL again because of how different I look and because of the fact that I am a -very- obvious faggot now, on top of being an androgynous/very girly boy. The way I behave and carry myself and talk and all that has changed so much since they last knew me. Most of them didn't even know I was into guys, although they all know now seeing as I went to that get together two years ago with my still-current bf. That was pretty interesting on its own.
>>
>>6535137
What an ass hat. Dunno what sixth from is since I'm not European, but any idea what he's up to now?
>>
>>6530094
I used to be a nerd when in high school, had one friend, he was ugly af but it's ok because it helped me never feel any lust towards him. His father however was homophobic and found out I was gay about 3 years before I did, so he made us cut contact and I never had any friends after that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.