[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the minority view?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-07-07_2050.png (234 KB, 585x796) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-07_2050.png
234 KB, 585x796
Why is this the minority view?
>>
>>6525950
Because it's not what they taught in elementary school 50 years ago
>>
>>6526189
Ahaha, this
>>
>>6525950
Because that looks like it would take me more than a minute to read, which is infinitely more complex than the generalized view of men and women. Even that view may vary greatly based on location.

Or whatever reason you want to think up I'm not a scientist I don't know. Why are you asking me?
>>
>>6526352
because anytime gender is brought up, everyone starts yelling at each other that gender and sex are one in the same. That they literally mean the exact same thing. When they don't, and you'd think fags would be the most likely to know this.
>>
>>6526408
Sex comes from sexus meaning being of either female or male gender. Gender comes from genus, meaning class, rank or family.
They both as words mean pretty much the same thing. Words and their usage do chance but attempting to attach identity within sex or gender is just stupid.
The lowest common denominator can't force the majority to change the usage of language. Intersex and hermaphroditism does exist but they don't need that we switch the entire usage of language for them.

Imagine a female and male dog. They are just female or male. If a male dog is castrated we still call it him. A aggressive female dog doesn't have a different gender expression.
A gelding is still considered a male horse.
>>
>>6525950

Because nobody cares. You can all the mental masturbation, that gender/sex are not the same. But in truth people have more important things to do, than to learn definitions that they won't need.
>>
>>6526438
>Words and their usage do chance but attempting to attach identity within sex or gender is just stupid.
Well that's nice. Tell that to the people who came up with gender roles and see how far it gets you.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 696x966
>>6526438
You can alter characteristics down to the molecular and genetic level.

I don't see why we need to ban all talk of medicine cause it triggers trailers trash.
>>
>>6526189

Good thing my state has a bill in the legislature that will require schools to teach about LGBT people. Hopefully the actual curriculum will be better planned out than California's if it passes.

>>6526438

>The lowest common denominator
>somehow not related to the majority

From that, I can tell you didn't pay attention in 5th grade math. From the rest of your post, I can tell you are part of the group that makes the LCD so low.

Aggressivity is not a male exclusive trait by any means, or no one would tell you to stay away from young animals, especially bears. It can also be caused by pain or fear. No one gives geldings SRS and they certainly don't give them estrogens sourced from pregnant mare urine. Even if someone did, we don't know if the horse would have some sense of its own gender identity.

We don't know if animals have a sense of gender identity, but I would bet they have some lower equivalent, depending on complexity of the species. However, no one's interested in spending research money confirming that what we see in humans also exists in animals, and even though I myself think it would be interesting to have studies done on said phenomenon, there are higher priorities for study. But there are animals with intersex traits, as vets can tell you. So it doesn't seem that strange that some animals could be transgender in a sense.
>>
>>6531116
you don't think that a male animal has some sense of being male and a female animal has some sense of being female?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.