[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you oppressed when you play videogames ? Do you seriousl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Gaming_In_Color_movie_poster.jpg (41 KB, 433x599) Image search: [Google]
Gaming_In_Color_movie_poster.jpg
41 KB, 433x599
Are you oppressed when you play videogames ? Do you seriously consider tweets and youtube comments to be a social problem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAKtInROTg
>>
File: 1467929978683.png (1 MB, 865x865) Image search: [Google]
1467929978683.png
1 MB, 865x865
>>6525928
> minorities complaining about being underrepresented
>>
>>6525928
While I do hate all this whiny millennial bullshit, faggots love getting butthurt when something isn't straight white cis male with hot bod fucks dandy bad ass chick with tight bod.

Like, they get their jimmies rustled whenever something doesn't follow the formula. That's just as retarded. They cry "pandering" whenever someone does something that represents a minority.

>inb4 tumblr

Nah fuck off kys faggot.
>>
>>6525928

I'm not oppressed, but I'm more likely to spend money on Bioware games in part because I can be a faggot in them. Thats the real reason why they do that shit, and it makes perfect logical sense.
>>
File: gtasa 3.jpg (2 MB, 8352x3600) Image search: [Google]
gtasa 3.jpg
2 MB, 8352x3600
>>6525928

?
>>
>>6525928
I haven't actually seen someone address this yet sohereitgoes

lgbt representation isn't a problem. It's fine that not all developers have worked well written gay characters into their plotlines. I've they aren't a studio thats passionate and knowledgeable about the lgbt community they won't be able to write a decent gay character anyway.

But I don't think that was your question.
I think what you are actually talking about is the middle schoolesque immaturity some gamers carry themselves with. Even the language on this site reflects that to a bit, "polfag, tripfag" ect. Using gay to denote anything you don't like. Oppression is an unnecessarily strong word for that. Annoyed is a better descriptor.

Of course, what seems to me as a well developed adult as annoying could seem to a growing gay teen as daunting, and intimidating. The gaming community in small pockets reflects the bullying a lot of young men endure, gay or not. There is a very toxic culture of young people using everything they can to express their hormonal hatred for each other, and it's often the nicest, most human of children who get called a "faggit pussy homo" around school.

That culture will exist even in a day when gay=normal; it's a lot of hormonal teenagers throwing their shit at each other. It's bad, and the older adults who do this shit are scum of the earth who need to realize what they're enabling in the younger scenes, but it's not some huge problem gay crusaders need to rally against, because while they are throwing around words about the lgbt community to hurt each other the real problem is that for a part in our lives, we all become shitpeople who want nothing more than to drain shitblood from every shitoraface we can find.
>>
File: tranzformers.jpg (113 KB, 1336x802) Image search: [Google]
tranzformers.jpg
113 KB, 1336x802
Im just going to leave this here.
This thread seems like the place where it belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs
>>
>>6525928
Nah. But I love it when there's an option to be gay like in skyrim. Nothing forced on you and in your face but there if needed.
>>
I like APB a lot but G1 bans Femboys and I'm a femboy so I guess that counts ye?
>>
>>6526510
Woaaahhh....
>>
>>6526007
This is pretty much /v/ in a nutshell.

>Literally any minority main character in a game
>Pandering! SJW! WHITE GENOCIDE
>>
This taxing and eternal minority representation culture will never ever end.

It's the kind of "problem" that can never ever be solved because there can always be some obscure ethnicity. Even if ever protagonist was black, and cycled through ever obscure ethnicity it would still never stop.

I'm salvadorian and i don't need american games to have a salvadorisn protagonist, it's the most pointless non-issue ever. Identity politics will never ever stop, there is no single solution to this nonsense.
>>
>>6526320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gqHTlBp6iY
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.