[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you care about fashion/dressing good, /lgbt/? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: yep.jpg (121 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
121 KB, 900x582
How much do you care about fashion/dressing good, /lgbt/? And I don't mean just passing
>>
A lot! I love fashion and aesthetics. I am a professional artist and my entire life has basically centered around creating art. I see my body and the way I adorn it as a form of art. I love thinking up great outfits.

Even when I am not passing I find I get a lot of great feedback from cis-girls about my style. I went out two days ago and had 3 girls within ten minutes come up and ask me about my outfit. I consider that winning.

I care more about looking good than I do about passing. You can not pass and still look great.
>>
>>6518721

oh and to add
>I care more about looking good than I do about passing.

That doesn't mean I don't care about passing though. ><
>>
>>6518679
lol i just wore sweatpants to the mall yesterday
>>
I both do and don't. I'm perfectly comfortable presenting myself in a T-shirt and sweatpants, but I'm very particular about what I was when I am my, I guess more proper self. I don't really care about what others think we much, I do it because it helps with my self image. I would assume most people think I overdress, but I like layers and ties, so whatever. Summer really blows.

I also have some sort of sexual attraction or fetish for what is perfectly normal form of clothing, so there's that too.
>>
>>6523034
I really need to pay more attention to what I write when I use Swype.
>>
I like fashion but I think most people have awful taste so I don't really pay attention to fashion mags or whatever. I'm ugly myself so I don't see much of a point to bother on a personal level.
>>
I am too heavy (170lbs) to look good in any clothes other than sports one.
>>
give no fucks unless im hunting arse
then i'll throw on one of my good shirts, my chain, do up my hair, get my nice jeans, polish up the going out boots and jacket

most days i dress like basic a bitch. Contrast is like a big mac vs 99p burger
>>
>>6518679
I love dressing nice and being stylish but usually I'm going from outfit to outfit trying to figure out what i best pass in. It's horribly exhausting. I've put so much thought into it that every time I look at a piece of clothing I carefully measure how it would look on my frame and whether or not it could go both ways gender wise. Also I'm constantly checking my appearance in every mirror i come across, which i read is a symptom of BDD. It's very easy to become obsessed about how i look and it's hard to enjoy fashion when you're constantly worrying if you pass.

I went to a crowded mall recently and while I was excited to go shopping and look for stylish clothes it was extremely stressful seeing a bunch of cis girls my age and noticing the distinct differences between their bodies and mine. I mean I look good for a trans girl but my bone structure sticks out when compared to a female's. Kinda turned me off to the whole thing for a while but I had my mom with me to cheer me up and she bought some stuff for me so i guess it wasn't all bad.

Often I just wear something boyish on top of all my femme clothes so i can fall back on that if i don't pass, though it probably just confuses random pedestrians even more. I often have to dress like a dyke cause my dad gives me shit if i look too feminine.
>>
>>6518679
I care a lot about fashion but that doesn't mean I can afford it kek,
>>
>>6518934
disgusting

>>6523285
getting girlmode ready can be so tiring (don't want to get clocked) that being a fem guy is so much less stress
>>
I don't really care. Usually wear running shoes, jeans and a random band shirt whatever I got out of cases of beer lol
Some guys flip their shit about how unkempt I am but it doesn't seem to hinder my dating life at all.
>>
I own nothing but t-shirts and basketball shorts. I don't get style. All clothes so the same thing: keep your privates private and keep you warm. So when people pay absurd amounts of money to cover up "better" than other people, it just confuses me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.