[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey. I got questions that need urgent answers. >First question:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: isis question.png (129 KB, 463x644) Image search: [Google]
isis question.png
129 KB, 463x644
Hey. I got questions that need urgent answers.

>First question:
Do Transpeople generally believe that Gender (He/She) and Biological Sex (Male/Female) are different from each other? Are you changing your gender or your sex? In your opinion, Is Biological Sex something permanent? I am getting inconsistent answers while reading stuff online, and they're used interchangeably.

>Second question:
Do transpeople inject their medication daily? Monthly? Is it life-long medication, or is there a point where it is no longer needed? Do you still inject female medication after castration if you're Man changing to woman?

>Third question:
Do transwomen have high sex-drive that is typical of men? Or does the female medication change the brain and changes their behaviour? I guess I am low-key asking if I got better chance chasing cute transgirl instead of Normal girl?

I will make one of them my first waifu. Inshallah. It is completely halal according to the Book
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 696x966
>>6513781
It's plastic, sort of.

But the person receiving treatment ends up more of between sexes than wholy one or the other.
>>
>>6513792
>But the person receiving treatment ends up more of between sexes than wholy one or the other.

I don't get it. The medicines aren't affecting genetics, are they?

also, explain your picture for someone who doesn't understand.
>>
You're not gonna get a concrete answer OP because there isn't a council of transpeople that unanimously decide on things. It is however, widely accepted in the "scientific community" that biological sex and gender identity can differ from one another. A lot of transfolk don't believe that they're changing their gender identity so to speak, rather changing themselves to fit the gender identity they've already established in their head. This can be seen as a mental disorder and it's why being a chaser is a fucking stupid idea. You never know just how unhinged the girl/guy you fuck is going to be.

Most transpeople can't afford injections where I live because they're expensive as fuck, personally I take a tablet every morning similar to what they give menopausal women that supresses my testosterone and boosts my oestrogen levels to that of a normal adult female. You have to do this your entire life even after "castration" because if you stop, your body will start producing testosterone again due to lolbiology.

Sure, chase to your heart's content Abdullah. Just don't be suprised when whoever you pick fucking murders you in your sleep because you glanced at a cis woman for a second too long.
>>
>>6513805
Image says otherwise. Hormones dictate what becomes gene product, so yea, it regulates genetics. See: central dogma
>>
>>6513840
>You have to do this your entire life even after "castration" because if you stop, your body will start producing testosterone again due to lolbiology.

what the?! you serious?!
>>
>>6513883
Adrenal glands will keep producing it, but usually the amount of testosterone produced is in the female range so it's no biggy
>>
File: 4chan g.jpg (553 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
4chan g.jpg
553 KB, 3072x2304
>>6513840
>Most transpeople can't afford injections where I live because they're expensive as fuck

What If I let them live under my bed in exchange for medication-money and sex? Sounds hot.
>>
(1/2)
>>6513781
>First question:
You'll never find a unified opinion on this. For me, yeah, sex and gender are different. Sex is your biology, and gender is the social construct we've built on top of sex.

But sexual determination as a fetus is more complicated than we think. When something goes wrong during pre-natal development, variation in the fetus can arise. For instance, if something goes wrong during meiosis, the baby may receive an abnormal distribution of sex chromosomes and develop an intersex condition (i.e. XXY, XYY, or XX males). And sometimes something goes wrong during the physical sexing period (i.e. XY females with CAIS). Lastly, sex determination is also known to affect the human brain (and, for that matter, the brain of almost any species). This is (probably) why gay/bi and transgender people exist. There are a few studies out there on the topic, but nothing too conclusive as of yet.

This is called the brain sex theory. It's the idea that gender, while socially constructed, has biological roots not just in one's genitalia, but the anatomy of their brain.

So terminology gets confusing. Some people treat gender as entirely made up (queer theorists), some treat gender as being synonymous with 'brain sex' (transsexuals), and some treat gender as being entirely synonymous with your body's sex (gender-critical feminists). I think the second example is closest to the truth, but isn't entirely accurate. I would say that gender is, from among other things too, derived from "brain sex", but the two are only correlated.
>>
File: ok allah go.jpg (81 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
ok allah go.jpg
81 KB, 615x409
>>6513865
wait a minute. I know about epigenetics and how certain environmental effects can influence how genes are expressed by turning off some and turning on others, but you can't be telling me that environmental effects can influence the actual genes in the XY chromosomes.

All those genes are still the same, even though they're expressed differently. At least thats what thought from the documentary I wanted long ago.
>>
(2/2)
>>6513781
>>6513949
Transgender people are technically changing both their sex and gender. By changing their sex, most naturally change their gender by consequence. After all, our concepts of 'male' and 'female' are firmly intertwined with 'man' and 'woman'. If someone physically transitions, through hormones, surgery, etc., provided society doesn't actively recognize them as transgender (read: if they pass), by changing their sex they end up living as gender too.

>Second question:
Depends. Most trans women are on estrogen for the rest of their lives. Depending on how they administer it, the frequency varies. Patches generally last a week each, injections (cost a lot and) can last a month or so, and pills have to be taken daily. As for anti-androgens, trans women will also have to take these for the rest of their lives, but with surgical intervention (any operation that removes the testes) they can stop the medication shortly afterwards. Most AAs are pills (daily), but if your healthcare covers luprorelin injections (or you're filthy rich), you can inject every 1-3 months.

>Third question:
Before transition, most likely they do. Testosterone is a hell of a hormone. After starting transition, the sex drive is unlikely to be any stronger or weaker than the average cis woman. Estrogen shouldn't change the brain structures of anyone more than a few *days* old, but is likely to alter a trans woman's mood/personality through indirect means (i.e. the psychological relief of transition, loss of uncomfortable sex drive). Generally, this is why trans people can act differently post-transition.
>>
>>6513883
no they're full of shit. but if you get castrated and also don't take estrogen, your bones will end up breaking if you don't start taking testosterone injections in a few years

you need *a* sex hormone in your body
>>
>>6513781
>Do Transpeople generally believe that Gender (He/She) and Biological Sex (Male/Female) are different from each other?
No, that's TERFism.

He is pronoun of male, she is pronoun of female.
Gender, or gender identity, is which sex you feel you should be. Then you go after that desire, and the physical steps taken into changing sex, and use pronoun after it.

>Do transpeople inject their medication daily? Monthly? Is it life-long medication, or is there a point where it is no longer needed?
Depends on medication, some AAs last 3 months, after an injection. While pills have to be taken every day. There are also implants that last 6 months.

It's for life, and even after SRS, you need to take estrogen (or testosterone for ftm).

>Do transwomen have high sex-drive that is typical of men?
No, or it varies, just like with cis women.

The sex drive might be higher early in transition, like it is with teenagers, and people who come out as gay later in life.
>>
>>6513953
>After all, our concepts of 'male' and 'female' are firmly intertwined with 'man' and 'woman'.
Such a euro-centric mindset

To other cultures there are different concepts. Most cultures don't have "gender". It's penis, or no penis, dats it. Even English didn't have the word "Gender" before the Norman Conquest.

The still Germanic common folk of England used "Sex" to differentiate between men and women. While the ruling aristocracy used the french loanword "gendre". And then later, the two were used interchangeably until the 60s.

It's also the explanation for other dual words, like Pork/Pig, Beef/Cow, mutton etc etc...
>>
>>6514000
>Such a euro-centric mindset
>Most cultures don't have "gender". It's penis, or no penis
"Most cultures" from the world we live in *today* have man/woman. Sorry for not going out of my way to specify alternative explanations for the 0.01% of the world that doesn't do so.
>>
>>6513972
would just upping the amount of calcium and vitamin D enough to not be on some form of HRT after castration? or is that not something post-menopausal women not on HRT do to prevent osteoporosis?
>>
>>6514053
Sorry, I was more thinking about younger transitioners taking only AAs. I think at around the age of menopausal women, stopping all medication in a castrated trans woman would just leave them to suffer a similar menopause to a cis woman.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 542x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 542x295
>>6513950
No, I just said that assides for the signal for hormones and the androgen receptor on the X, they don't have anything to do with sex phenotypes.

Its exclusively autosomes that control sex development and it just comes down to which gets transcribed in the womb.

Y'know, genes and products, not Mitotic asortive structures. That's why if you check Nature or any other big journal, nobody in modern genetics would think of equating those to sex.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.