[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I had a dollar for every gender that exists, I'd have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
If I had a dollar for every gender that exists, I'd have two dollars.
>>
>Not knowing the difference between sex and gender
>Not knowing that intersex people exist.

At least you stay poor.
>>
>>6508212
There exists a gender role for each sex and intersex people are physically deformed. The more you know!
>>
>>6508202
chicks like rich guys
>>
>>6508212
>Trying to argue with bigots.
Sweetie, just don't.
>>
Why does this keep getting posted? Literally no one on 4chan believes there are more than two genders, ESPECIALLY the trannies
>>
>>6508202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsxJfcFVnpo
>>
>>6508249
Yeah, most of the trans chicks I know hate people that pretend they're "non-binary" or whatever. That said. you do get weirdos like these two

>>6508212
>>6508247
>>
>>6508212
If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I'd have one dollar.
>>
>>6508260
>calling people 'weirdos'
>on 4chan
You must be lost.

Anyway intersex people are real. It is rare as fuck but it really happens. So how do only two genders account for that?
>>
>>6508381
Intersex people exist, sure, but that doesn't mean they don't identify as male or female. Their biological sex is intersex, their gender is either male or female.
>>
>>6508212
>intersex
>literally a genetic problem
nice try faggot
>>
File: 1453023015703.png (954 KB, 1067x1003) Image search: [Google]
1453023015703.png
954 KB, 1067x1003
Look, OP, we need to humour these people with dysphoria. They can function in society if we let them play dress-up a little bit and maybe take some hormones. If it makes them happy and keeps them productive, what is the hastle? We can get by with a few people doing what they do to cope with life.

I know you might think we're feeding the delusion, and to an extent, I suppose we are, a little, but nothing else seems to work. Transexuals won't ever be what they want to be. It's the sad truth, we can't change that, but we can make them comfortable.
>>
>>6508628
Do you suppose that we should stop looking for a cure for lyme disease, since there are already many meds that can help the body cope?
Should we tell schizophrenics that their delusions are acceptable and their sick thoughts are something to take pride in?
Mental and physical illnesses are not something to take pride in. We need to be trying to find a way to fix their broken minds. Feeding into their far-gone delusions does not fix the issue at its core. It just covers it in a fragile veneer.
Look at than the phrase "passing". The illness still remains even with the destruction of their endocrine system and the butchering of their genitals. It is not acceptable to stand by and watch capable men and women destroy their bodies because of their mental illness.
>>
>>6508649
Trans pride is a meme. No trans person is proud of being fucked up.
>>
>>6508649
The best thing we have right now is the convenient lie, famalama.
I'm not saying stop looking, im saying, look at it as a temporary measure, at the very least.
>>
>>6508649
I'm much happier with my perfectly healthy body now, thank you very much. I bet I even take better care of it than you do.
>>
>>6508628
If it is a delusion, how does that change things? Nobody is close to being able to restructure the "gender centers" of a person's brains (we don't even know if there is a particular center), and we can do some pretty good surgery for their bodies. Suppose somebody found out that there was a particular point in the human evolutionary path when our distant ancestors lost the genes to regrow lost limbs, and maybe in a hundred or a thousand years, we'll be able to replace the genes - so do we tell people who have lost a limb they are delusional in thinking they need a prosthetic arm, because there's a better solution coming in a just few generations. Or do we dye those artificial arms so they look as close to the person's real flesh as possible to make things a little bit less sucky.
How can people be so sure it's a delusion when their theory also says the real cure would be X, and we can't do X yet to test that? Science is about testable predictions, not ones we won't be able to test for a hundred years, if that.
>>
>>6508661
Then why are we happily allowing and celebrating their descent into delusion?
Look at Bruce Jenner, and the mandate for public schools to enforce rules allowing shared bathrooms.
>>
>>6508673
All I can say is, I disagree.
Anybody who sees "transition" as a valid form of treatment will either not care about solving the real issue, or find the suggestion of other treatment objectionable.
>>
>>6508693
> Have penis.
> But I really want to have a vagina.
> Convince self that you have an imaginary vagina.
> Have your penis mutilated and turned into an onahole.

If that isn't delusion, I don't know what is. The bottom line is, until we can physically alter chromosomes and bodies to a level of absolute, godlike perfection, it isn't happening.
>>
>>6508202
This is correct
>>
File: 1405549014983.jpg (325 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1405549014983.jpg
325 KB, 960x1280
>>6508676
I'm unsure what you mean or why I should care.
>>
File: 1442890494085.jpg (48 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
1442890494085.jpg
48 KB, 435x571
>>6508729
I'm saying that we humour them. Put them on hormones, let them play pretend. Don't let them mutilate themselves, cus that shit doesn't work and usually just leads to suicides, which is what we're trying to prevent here.

The fuck else we gon' do, senpai? Im fresh out of ideas.
>>
>>6508714
We aren't

Also trans people aren't under delusion.
>>
>>6508743
I believe that is immoral. To treat someone knowing that it will not work is not right.
Alternatives...clearly, transition is not fixing the issue. I don't know how effective therapy is. Is there sufficient medication to treat the illness? Not that I know of. But the current situation as it stands, is an issue.
I understand your point, but I do not agree.
>>
>>6508730
Why the fuck should chromosomes matter in the slightest? The mere suggestion you make that at some "godlike level" of such a transformation is acceptable means you believe that it is their physical form that limits them, in which case you are forced to admit to a form of gender essentialism. i.e. you believe that there is some characteristic or set of characteristics you believe to be the standard for what constitutes one sex or the other. What is your almighty "standard"?

Beyond development in the womb and some epigenetic factors the sex chromosomes have little to do with anything after birth, they are effectively irrelevant. The endocrine, reproductive, and skeletal systems are the only things worth considering in this equation.

In that scenario, what >>6508693 said applies perfectly, it's what we can do, and it's far better then nothing.

And the standards we as transsexuals have is certainly far lower than your idiotic ideations of "godlike perfection", as long as we could look like, sound like, be treated and fit in as, have sex like, and reproduce like women, we would be happy. All of those except one are feasible, and it will most likely be possible eventually too.
>>
>>6508746
Instead of laughing you off, I'll try to be civil and have a real conversation.
You must be in the Olympics to be committing such gymnastic feats. What manner of mental gymnastics are you utilizing in order to convince yourself, that being one thing and believing you are another, is not a delusion?
>>
>>6508788
trans people don't "believe" they are the opposite sex. They are fully aware that they are the sex they were born as. Gender dysphoria is simply discomfort with your body and assigned gender, trans people aren't confused about what they are, it isn't a delusion.
>>
>>6508807
I understand what you are saying now. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>6508343
wouldn't that mean the person had every brain in existence minus 1?
>>
File: 9308509.jpg (74 KB, 367x368) Image search: [Google]
9308509.jpg
74 KB, 367x368
>>6508837
>>
If I had 1$ for every gender there is I would have an infinite, unending amount of money so much that it would crash all the stock markets around the world.
>>
>>6508649
>>6508628
>im an retard who has no idea what im talking about
>but i still feel entitled to an opinion
do some actual research instead of spouting stale memes about muh mental illness
>>
>>6508730
> Have your penis mutilated and turned into an onahole.
you don't actually know how sex reassignment surgery works do you? read this: http://www.gendercare.com/library/italiano_paper1.html
>until we can physically alter chromosomes
do you even know what sex chromosomes are for? if every single y chromosome in your body was magically change to an x you'd still be 100% biologically male.
>and bodies to a level of absolute, godlike perfection,
because most cis people have bodies on a level of "absolute godlike perfection"
>>6508743
>Don't let them mutilate themselves, cus that shit doesn't work and usually just leads to suicides
do you have a source for that or will you just continue spouting memes instead of actual arguments?
>>
>>6508381
intersex people are a mix of two genders, not an entirely new gender you fucking autismo retard. kill yourself. goddamn millennial fucks. you're the biggest waste of oxygen there has ever been on the fucking planet. everyone born after 2000 should be euthanized and we should start over with a new batch, and not the baby boomers turn you into retarded little freaks this time.
>>
Why am I seeing this joke all over the internet recently? I see it directed to trans people too a lot for some reason despite them conforming to binary gender.
>>
>>6508202
If I had a dollar for every gender that exists I'd have around $150,000 and like $2 more from this
>>
>Thought /lgbt/ was smart enough to not fall for this bait
>Lost all hope in /lgbt/
I'm going to tumblr now because they don't fall for bait this hard
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.