[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: kimba.jpg (37 KB, 490x326) Image search: [Google]
kimba.jpg
37 KB, 490x326
If "transwoman/transman" gets added to the U.S. Census, will you mark that you're trans, or mark "male/female"?
>>
T R A N S C E N D E N T
>>
>>6507690
Not sure. It's anonymous, so maybe?
>>
it depends

during transition (like, the first two years of HRT), i'd mark trans. but after that two year mark, i'd probably switch
>>
>>6507690
Switching out U.S. for Canada, definitely trans woman. I think it's vital that we stop being an invisible populace, and anonymity means that this proof of our presence won't constitute a greater vulnerability.
>>
>>6507690

I would. I think it's important policy makers know just how many of us degenerate trannies there are. Although I know some trannies will be too offended by woman and trans woman being separate categories for them ro mark trans woman. So instead it should just be "man" and "woman" ("other" too if you want to appease nonbinaries) and "are you transgender as a separate question."
>>
>>6507842
see, i don't really like the idea of my life being a political statement. i just want to dress pretty, look cute, and be in a body im comfortable in
>>
>>6507880
Does incrementing value tw in region 23 of your state mean that you've turned your life into a political statement?
>>
>>6507940
yes
>>
>>6507940
I want to be a woman, not a /trans/woman.
>>
>>6508144
Your life needs expanding. Go do a thing.

If what you meant was that you didn't want to make a political statement, recognize that every response, or none at all, constitute political statements.
>>
>>6508151
Well tough luck, you can't. Don't lie on a census
>>
>>6508151
That's fine. And a census doesn't prevent it for you. It's an anonymous record of population stats in your area that's used to determine the needs (and how they're being met) of the populations in that area.

It's literally marking "a trans woman exists in this place", not "this person (yourself) is a trans woman. It'll be OK.
>>
>>6507690
If it gets added, then discrimination against trans would become discrimination based on sex. (which it arguably is) Conservatives will key in on this and oppose it vehemently because they despise transgender people and want gender to be strictly kept to a binary.

If it becomes a thing then we should become a protected class with the same rights as both cis males and females.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.