[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom went to talk to a psychiatrist (supposedly one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-05 00.57.49.png (935 KB, 535x818) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-05 00.57.49.png
935 KB, 535x818
My mom went to talk to a psychiatrist (supposedly one of the best in our country) because she's very worried of the fact that im a transvestite.

The guy told her the following:

All paraphillias have a good chance of hiding or supressing personality disorders/psychosis.

Transvestism atrophies social, emotional and intelectual development, completely

Transvestites are ridden with stds and commonly participate in orgies

It can be cured entirely

It is proven to stem out of fear and replaces normal sexuality by acting as an artifice for people who cant get laid.

Are there any studies to back any of this up? Are crossdressers the new demon that psychiatry has conjured, now that society openly accepts gay people?

Thanks to this faggot my mom thinks my life is in perill and that im decadent scum.
>>
No, no and the psychiatrist is retarded.
>>
>>6504384
Your mom should be seeing a psychologist, not a psychiatrist.
Psychiatrists serve almost no purpose other than to be the pill pushers of the quackery money-whore side of the logic-jumble that is modern psychology, they're one rung of diagnostic efficacy above new age crystal healing and one rung below trying to rob a pharmacy with a bubble gun and a list of symptoms.

If your mom wants you to learn anything about you or you about her, find somebody who specializes in family therapy. Both of you should be doing individual therapy sessions until you're comfortable with the therapist and with having a group conference.
>>
there was a lot of evidence but the former president of the APA was forced out when a bunch of (mostly gay) Psychologists got offended by research.

its impossible to conduct credible studies because of the people in high up positions.
>>
>>6504551
>Muh myths about disappearing battleships
Nope, the reason nobody listens to washed up trash like you is cause conspiratorial delusions make a poor justification for imposing on others lives.

Stick to what a lowlife like you is fit for.
>>
>>6504578

>only argument is ad homs

a lot of psychologists were vocal about it in the 80s and 90s and there's still videos of it on youtube.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>6504384

I like this art, OP.
>>
>>6504384
Move out of your fourth world country and get refugee status.

None of the western medical organizations agree with this sort of primitivism.
>>
>>6504596
>lot of psychologists
Voices in your head arent a lot of psychologists.

And you're pathetic for wanting to controll what others do with themselves when even you admit the doctors all think you're ideas are bullshit.

Nothing more than a lowlife thinking he can be our lord.
>>
>>6504548

> Psychiatrists serve almost no purpose other than to be the pill pushers of the quackery money-whore side of the logic-jumble that is modern psychology, they're one rung of diagnostic efficacy above new age crystal healing and one rung below trying to rob a pharmacy with a bubble gun and a list of symptoms.

Please write a comic or a novel anon.

I love how vivid this description is.

> inb4 you need to see a psychologist
>>
>>6504628
>hehe ill just ignore evidence and call him crazy! that'll show him!
>>
>>6505018
Stuff you imagine isn't peer reviewed evidence.
Try and refrain from making a parody of yourself.
>>
Obviously your mother still cares about your well being. Break off contact?
>>
>>6504384
Your psychiatrist needs to self-med with neuroleptics stat, because he's obviously even more coocoo than I am. And that's saying a lot.
Any shrink who says that is something that can be cured is shilling "conversion therapy". Not only that has never worked, but it is a surefire way to destroy your life. Lobotomy grade quackery. Ask your mother if she'd rather have a vegetable son, because it's definitely not impossible that's what you'll end up as if you let that lunatic try to "cure" you.
>>
>>6505076
>evidence the organization suppresses evidence
>"u have no evidence"

You just really aren't bright are you
>>
>>6505658
>evidence the organization suppresses evidence
>admits to nothing but muh feels
You seriously think your victim complex and persecutory delusions entitle you to running someone else's life.

I think we've seen enough. Thank god you're already relegated to your proper place.
>>
>>6505204
I really hope that the guy isn't using aversion therapy on people, since he's the "leading expert" on transvestites and probably has a ton of patients.

But yeah, Im not going to get treated by him, but it's quiet sad that a retrogradous moron like him helped further ruin an already conflicted relationship with my mother.
>>
>>6505701
I can't tell if you're trolling or really this indoctrinated. You can do a five minute google search and find lots of former high ranking APA members who were vocal about what happened.

I'm not sure why I would have a victim complex? I myself am gay. It doesn't mean I have to pretend all gay people are good
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.